Collapse
No announcement yet.

CIAA Week 5 / Crossover Week #2

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• CIAA Week 5 / Crossover Week #2

The big news to come out this week came off the field. The rumors of the CIAA potentially moving the football championship are heating up. Right?

Recap

JC Smith got their first win on a last second Matias Lambrecht field goal against Elizabeth City State.
    One play, the 94-yard passing play from Nocciolo to WR Will Walton, had to break the Trojans spirit.

Virginia Union struggled in its win over Fayetteville State.
    The Panthers relied heavily on RB Will Stanback, who rushed for three touchdowns for the second straight game.The pass game was rather nonexistent with Shawheem Dowdy not playing due to injury and 2nd-stringer Kenneth Graham also bitten by the injury bug during the game.

Chowan brought out the air force and took to the skies in its thrashing of Livingstone. Bowie hit up Shaw like Mario would be hitting up that one block that continues to give you coins. Those games were over by halftime.

Week 5 Predictions

This week, the South travels to the North schools to finish the crossover part of our schedule.
    Here are my thoughts on each part of the schedule.

JC Smith (1-3) @ Chowan (3-1)Chowan is the only CIAA school to not have lost a D-II school. Tune in and watch how the Hawks play.Chowan has relied on the passing game quite heavier than expected this year, but RB Tyree Lee remains dangerous as ever in the backfield.

Fayetteville State (0-4) @ Bowie State (2-2)

Shaw (0-4) @ ECSU (1-3)
    Shaw has a turnover margin of negative 2.25, tied for third-worst in the country.

Virginia Union (2-2) A full strength Panther team should have no issue with dismantling the Falcons. A partial strength Panther team is just playing with fire, even with this Falcon team.

WSSU (2-2)
    In three of their four games, WSSU has lead by at least 13 points at some point in the game. Conversely, this Lions have a really bad habit of starting slow and attempting to dig out of that hole at some point. This will not end well for the Lions.

Livingstone (1-3) @
    This game pits strengths against each other.a league leading 86 yard rushing against opponents.

Postscript: You can follow me on twitter via @d2kferg, where I post my thoughts on the game and other newsworthy tidbits
      Posting comments is disabled.

Categories

Collapse

article_tags

Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• CIAA Week 5 / Crossover Week #2
      by Kris Ferguson
      The big news to come out this week came off the field. The rumors of the CIAA potentially moving the football championship are heating up.( and if you point to a member school stadium,...
      09-29-2016, 09:30 PM
    • Welcome to D2fooball.com
      by JR Chaney
      To visit the forums please click the forum button in the menu above. Stay tuned here for some great features coming up!
      06-17-2011, 10:40 AM
    Working...
    X