Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

125-73 over Concord last night. Old fashion school yard beat down. I know, it's Concord and they aren't very good but MAN. Interesting minutes/scoring from the Toppers. Only Gross and Dennis topped 20 minutes and three of the top four scores came off the bench. The three were Meini with 19, Smith with 16 and Clay with 14...That's a good sign. If we can get consistent double digit scoring from these three off the bench, paired with season average scoring by starting 5, that puts us right at 100 PPG which would be hard to beat most nights.

Comment

LOL ... 52 point spread. Wow. That's more than some teams score in a whole PSAC game.

What do you think on the big one Thursday night?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        LOL ... 52 point spread. Wow. That's more than some teams score in a whole PSAC game.

What do you think on the big one Thursday night?
        I think it's a great way for WL to go into that game. WJ struggled the past two games vs concord and UVA-Wise--maybe looking ahead, but two games? Should be a good matchup, but you have to favor WL in this one...WJ lost two really good seniors Seifert and Fritts from last year, and WL lost Seger...

I'll say 98-90 WL.....

Comment

What a game...

It's tied at 86 between #4 WLU and #6 WJU in double OT with 2:39 left

Comment

Hit a foul shot and this was over an hour ago. WJ is 17-31 at line. Awful. Killed them. Incredible game to watch. Congrats to WL. Well played.
            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-19-2017, 08:53 PM.

Comment

West Lib wins 96-90 in double OT.

Great game and great atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
                I think it's a great way for WL to go into that game. WJ struggled the past two games vs concord and UVA-Wise--maybe looking ahead, but two games? Should be a good matchup, but you have to favor WL in this one...WJ lost two really good seniors Seifert and Fritts from last year, and WL lost Seger...

I'll say 98-90 WL.....
                Man you're terrible at predictions...lol.

Comment

Worth mentioning ... WL ladies with the big upset tonight. Fairmont just slipped by Shepherd. Very tight game.

Comment

JUst got home from the game, wow I think that was the first OT at home since I've been here 2014 at least what I saw in person. Sucks that I have class in the morning but what a great game and game plan to win it

Comment

Watched the last 4 min of regulation and both OT's...even in that short time, there were many ebbs and flows...WJ was 54% from the line...That was horrid...WL was 74%...big difference. Grossenbacher's 3 in 1st ot, was huge to tie it...

Monteroso is a stud...Like what Griffin is giving them. Clay plays with an edge. Hoehn had big hoops...I still want Dennis to finish and get to the rack...but he's great....And I'm growing weary of Brady Arnold...look at his stats...he takes good shots, but shoots a poor percentage. he is almost always shooting under 50, 45 %. Could have won that game last night in regulation..open 3 from corner and then charges... BUt he hustles and contributes in other ways...

Smith only 3 mins? weird...maybe a match up thing..

Hilltoppers beware: Upset alert for tomorrow. (I hope I'm not as accurate as I was in predicting the final score of WJ game!) Seems as though WL never plays their best game at ND OH. Weird gym, fans on top of you, they escaped last year with a lucky win...could be the proverbial trap game...

Comment

Meini didn't play either but was dressed I think smith is still burdened by his injury when he was in he looked really slow defending we are definitely missing depth

Comment

Is there money in the budget and a seamstress somewhere in the Wheeling area to fix Dennis's jersey around the shoulders so he won't have to mess with it the entire game?

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
                            Watched the last 4 min of regulation and both OT's...even in that short time, there were many ebbs and flows...WJ was 54% from the line...That was horrid...WL was 74%...big difference. Grossenbacher's 3 in 1st ot, was huge to tie it...

Monteroso is a stud...Like what Griffin is giving them. Clay plays with an edge. Hoehn had big hoops...I still want Dennis to finish and get to the rack...but he's great....And I'm growing weary of Brady Arnold...look at his stats...he takes good shots, but shoots a poor percentage. he is almost always shooting under 50, 45 %. Could have won that game last night in regulation..open 3 from corner and then charges... BUt he hustles and contributes in other ways...

Smith only 3 mins? weird...maybe a match up thing..

Hilltoppers beware: Upset alert for tomorrow. (I hope I'm not as accurate as I was in predicting the final score of WJ game!) Seems as though WL never plays their best game at ND OH. Weird gym, fans on top of you, they escaped last year with a lucky win...could be the proverbial trap game...
                            "Growing wearing" of a kid that gives his all. SMH. Maybe you need to watch the entire game and evaluate the stats a little closer. It's a team game and he's a HUGE part of this team. Love what he brings each and every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
                              Is there money in the budget and a seamstress somewhere in the Wheeling area to fix Dennis's jersey around the shoulders so he won't have to mess with it the entire game?
                              I love this! He is FOREVER tucking the tank part in or under his under shirt...not exactly sure what he does...but it's annoying... Nice sarcasm....Laughed out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by DownLow55 View Post
                                "Growing wearing" of a kid that gives his all. SMH. Maybe you need to watch the entire game and evaluate the stats a little closer. It's a team game and he's a HUGE part of this team. Love what he brings each and every night.
                                I looked at the stats...and they aren't that bad, really. I guess in watching games, he gets GREAT looks (dennis setting him up, lots of defensive att'n on others-hoehn, monteroso), that I expect him to be more consistent..his stats from Field and 3 are inconsistent at best....So growing weary is wrong term, but expect him to make a big shot or shots more consistently, yes... He's a junior and I expect more...that's all...not hating, just saying.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X