Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
    He is the protypical player for West Lib - Intelligent, high basketball IQ, can dribble, pass, shoot from 3 and rebound. I have to admit that when I saw him play, I thought about how he could thrive in an up and down, open court, fast moving game like West Lib plays. I could see WLU averaging 110+ pts a game! Of course, he would be an All-American in any style. Great player! Share the wealth guys. Give us your second pick of a big man from overseas that is in the mold of Cobo. LOL
    Yeah ... that's the sad thing. Cobo was brought here to play against WL and never got the chance. That team was built to run with the perfect size mix to do it ... and then ran in to Round 4 with Mercyhurst. They showed what they were built to do down at Fairmont State in December.

It's still too soon. Can't talk about it. LOL. Too fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Yeah ... that's the sad thing. Cobo was brought here to play against WL and never got the chance. That team was built to run with the perfect size mix to do it ... and then ran in to Round 4 with Mercyhurst. They showed what they were built to do down at Fairmont State in December.

I know what you mean about Mercyhurst. They are a very well coached team. If it is any consolation for us, they probably came the closest to taking down NW Missouri State (But I did not watch that game).

Comment

I know what you mean about Mercyhurst. They are a very well coached team. If it is any consolation for us, they probably came the closest to taking down NW Missouri State (But I did not watch that game).
        IUP split with them, 2-2, but obviously lost the one that mattered the most. I still think if they played 10 games it would have been 5 to 5.

What can you do. On to the next one.

Comment

I'd have to think they offer a version of the test in Spanish? He's a very intelligent guy.
          Oh I have no doubt he's smart. Double major in two relatively difficult majors proves that amply. According to the interweb which would NEVER be wrong, SAT and ACT are only given in English. But I would imagine that colleges have some wiggle room for admitting international students.

Comment

We were in the regional finals waiting!!! Joe just ducked us by losing in the semis!!

Comment

Here's the "unicorn" WLU is looking for! 7 foot guard who can shoot the 3, run the court, drive the lane and play the post!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTcsolAC6Do

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                Here's the "unicorn" WLU is looking for! 7 foot guard who can shoot the 3, run the court, drive the lane and play the post!!!

You just need LeBron. I think he's only 6'8" however.

Comment

Comment

You just need LeBron. I think he's only 6'8" however.
                    Sites list him variously as 6'11" and 7'. Like I said, if it's on the interweb, it HAS to be true!!!

Comment

verbalcommits.com has him with an offer from Southern Wesleyan, who went 2-26 last year.Played King last year. They are a private Christian University in the Conference Carolinas league and located in Central, SC.
                      So I would assume that he will be leaving.
                      I don't know of anything "official". Maybe check his twitter?
                      It only takes one offer. I don't see the market being to big for Greely. Think it will come down to taking the SW offer or come back to WLU. I don't think many players would be willing to come back to the school they wanted to leave so he will probably go to SW.

Comment

It only takes one offer. I don't see the market being to big for Greely. Think it will come down to taking the SW offer or come back to WLU. I don't think many players would be willing to come back to the school they wanted to leave so he will probably go to SW.

According to someone who knows him, he's had several programs contact him. The drawback is he would more then likely have to sit out an year since this is a second transfer. So what happens, it's anyone's guess

Comment

Originally posted by Wvguy View Post
                          According to someone who knows him, he's had several programs contact him. The drawback is he would more then likely have to sit out an year since this is a second transfer. So what happens, it's anyone's guess
                          Going to another DII or D3, sitting out a year wouldn't really hurt him from a number of years he could play standpoint. IF he goes DII/D3 he's used 6 of his 10 semesters of eligibility meaning he has 4 left. If he sat out next year, he would return the following year still with 4 semesters of eligibility which he would use in in 20-21 and 21-22. IF he tried to go back to D1, he's already used 3 of his 5 years, sitting out a year would be his 4th meaning he would have one year left which would be 20-21.

Did your friend give any insight to why Greely is intent on leaving?

Comment

Ben could always look to the football team for a big man. Wake Forest's football profile states TE Thomas Cole was a two time All-Valley and McDonald's All-American basketball select coming out of Wellsburg HS. Yea, he's "only" 6'5" but he's listed at 245 pounds!! Hey, Dan Monteroso pulled the two sport star athlete thing off sooooo, maybe Cole could as well!!

I also note that incoming OL Francisco Pedrozo's profile on the Eastern Michigan football site mentions he played basketball at St Thomas Aquinas HS. At 6'7", 310 pounds he would certainly represent an immovable object in the paint!!!
                            Last edited by boatcapt; 04-10-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Ben could always look to the football team for a big man. Wake Forest's football profile states TE Thomas Cole was a two time All-Valley and McDonald's All-American basketball select coming out of Wellsburg HS. Yea, he's "only" 6'5" but he's listed at 245 pounds!! Hey, Dan Monteroso pulled the two sport star athlete thing off sooooo, maybe Cole could as well!!
                              Duquesne had a freshman transfer today. He's from Ohio. He's listed at 6'11", 300 pounds.

Comment

Duquesne had a freshman transfer today. He's from Ohio. He's listed at 6'11", 300 pounds.
                                You're not running the floor with that guy!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X