Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Couple of players the Toppers are aledged to be "looking at/made offers to:"

SF Ryan Stowers, 6'5", 170, Quaker Valley HS PA
    PG DJ Dial, 5'9", 160, Brush HS OH

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      Couple of players the Toppers are aledged to be "looking at/made offers to:"

SF Ryan Stowers, 6'5", 170, Quaker Valley HS PA
      PG DJ Dial, 5'9", 160, Brush HS OH
      Suggest it is in our best interest not to post about any rumored players until official even if the rumor is not true.
      Last edited by Columbuseer; 04-14-2019, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
        Suggest it is in our best interest not to post about any rumored players until official even if the rumor is not true.
        This information comes from the player/"news media." It's not secret or privileged information. Anyone seeking such information can simply do a Google or Twitter search and find it in about 5 seconds.

Comment

It wasn't long ago D2 basketball recruiting news was nearly impossible to find -- unless you had a legit source inside the athletic department.

I can recall years not knowing a thing until the roster posted in the early fall.

The 'Twitter World' has changed all that pretty quickly.

The kid from Quaker Valley has been linked to several programs from what I've heard. At one point Fairmont was involved.

Comment

Wonder if this is a result of Lamberti's efforts in West Pa...He's from West Pa, and maybe was lead recruiter for Bryce Butler, from Latrobe and commit for Fall 2019...and now Stowers From Quaker Valley, another West PA guy...

ANd maybe just coincidence...

Comment

The world of twitter and other social media has made it easier to find info. Just 15 years ago, good luck finding anything.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
                Wonder if this is a result of Lamberti's efforts in West Pa...He's from West Pa, and maybe was lead recruiter for Bryce Butler, from Latrobe and commit for Fall 2019...and now Stowers From Quaker Valley, another West PA guy...

ANd maybe just coincidence...

I don't know ... West Liberty basically is in Western Pa. I wouldn't think too much of it.

Comment

This information comes from the player/"news media." It's not secret or privileged information. Anyone seeking such information can simply do a Google or Twitter search and find it in about 5 seconds.
                  That is all true except the 5 second part. However websites like this one consolidate and somewhat vet the information ( famous example of a consolidation website is drudgereport) which dramatically reduces the effort considerably to get valuable and reasonably reliable information. Believe it or not there are programs that are too lazy or incompetent to evaluate players themselves so if they hear that a premier school (such as an iup) has offered someone they will offer them without any previous contact and try to poach the player at the 11th hour after a coach has spent long hours recruiting them. In some cases they have succeeded.

This was just an FYI. Obviously People are free to make their own decisions about what to post.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    I don't know ... West Liberty basically is in Western Pa. I wouldn't think too much of it.
                    It is but WLU has never really recruited there for basketball. Maybe a stray cat or dog ends up on the hilltop but not a lot. From a recruiting standpoint, WLU has been more "Eastern Ohio" than "Western PA."

Comment

It is but WLU has never really recruited there for basketball. Maybe a stray cat or dog ends up on the hilltop but not a lot. From a recruiting standpoint, WLU has been more "Eastern Ohio" than "Western PA."
                      That's what I was thinking boat...They typically mine Ohio for their players...and over the last 10 years or so, really only had Lamberti from West Pa...and maybe Jordan Fee... (although would have had Nick Smith, had Crutch not gone to Nova)

Comment

Valid but they are now recruiting against Crutch there. I think his class has two high school recruits from Ohio and he landed a transfer yesterday from Ohio.

Comment

Valid but they are now recruiting against Crutch there. I think his class has two high school recruits from Ohio and he landed a transfer yesterday from Ohio.

Comment

This is Crutch's second class...I note that last year he brought in one Freshman from Ohio.

To IUP Extra...Nick Smith is from Pittsburgh PA not Ohio!

Comment

If i'm not mistaken, that Matt Weir was recruited by crutch out of HS, and like alot of low D1 / high D2 tweeners, he opted for the bright lights of low D1, and now he's coming back to D2...

Good Move is applauded...

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
                                If i'm not mistaken, that Matt Weir was recruited by crutch out of HS, and like alot of low D1 / high D2 tweeners, he opted for the bright lights of low D1, and now he's coming back to D2...

Good Move is applauded...
                                Looks like Ft Wayne was his only D1 offer among several DII's in Ohio and WV. I don't blame him for taking a D1 offer...also don't blame him for realizing after two years that most of the college coaches that recruited him got it right in evaluating him as a DII player!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X