Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I found Coach K's comments after the game. He comments don't appear to align with your views. Very informative press conference. One advantage he mentioned is that their bigs are not used to playing far away from basket against 5-out offsense. NWMSU seems to have players like WL - everyone can handle the ball, shoot, pass, unselfish, etc.

"they are not used to playing 5-out. we don not see it in Power 5.... more common in D2"
    "NWMS is very unselfish...".
    "Thought Duke played very good defense in forcing 21 turnovers. Offense was bad."
    "NWSU very very good and can play with anyone... and beat most of them"
    "I wanted to win"
    https://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke-m...ener/18724979/
    Hahaha!!! As a Maryland fan, I'm quite familiar with Coach K's post game pressers! They can beat the #1 ranked team in the nation by 20 points and you'd SWEAR that the lost by 15!!!!!

Comment

• http://media.wvmetronews.com/media/1...ober292019.mp3

Comment

• Comment

• Cant wait! Ben said he want's to ratchet up the press and he said he has the guards to do it. THAT will be interesting to watch!

Comment

• Daemen may have been getting too much hype. NWMS destroyed them over the weekend. The margin was 20 but it didn't even feel that close.

I didn't expect Daemen to win but after tune-ups against Syracuse and Buffalo, I thought they'd be much more competitive.

Comment

• Well easy 50 point win for the men. The women absolutely blew one against Cal.

Comment

• Good way to start!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
                  Well easy 50 point win for the men. The women absolutely blew one against Cal.
                  Yeah it's beyond me how WLU WBB could lose to a team that's been to the last 5 NCAA tournaments with a record of 137-27 over that time including 5-2 vs the TOPPERS !! Probably just dumb luck or officiating.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Yeah it's beyond me how WLU WBB could lose to a team that's been to the last 5 NCAA tournaments with a record of 137-27 over that time including 5-2 vs the TOPPERS !! Probably just dumb luck or officiating.
                    They are not mutually exclusive. Yes Cal has been to the last five NCAA tourneys...Yes they have a 5-2 record over the Toppers...Yes the Toppers did blow a 10 point lead with 2:26 to play to lose by 1 point.

Comment

• Guess 129 points wasn't enough for WLU. WLU smoked Shaw 132 to 85!!

Comment

Was in control all game until the last two minutes was my point

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post

Was in control all game until the last two minutes was my point
                          Actually it was at the 4:37 pt when things went downhill but what's a couple of minutes. TO, 2 MISSED FT, 1 MISSED FT, MISSED 3PT, MISSED JUMPER, MISSED 3PT, FOUL, MISSED JUMPER, MISSED 3PT, TO, STEAL, TO, AND1 FOUL. But the opponent needs to be able to take advantage of the miscues. My point is that JESS STROM coached teams have for 8+ years been ready and able to take what's given.

Comment

• Looks like Shifflett and Conley are going to Redshirt this season based on the first two games. In a qwerk caused by two straight blow out wins, the second platoon to a man is averaging more minutes than the starting 5

Comment

• General Observations on Tourney at Shaw University Raleigh NC

Comment

Actually it was at the 4:37 pt when things went downhill but what's a couple of minutes. TO, 2 MISSED FT, 1 MISSED FT, MISSED 3PT, MISSED JUMPER, MISSED 3PT, FOUL, MISSED JUMPER, MISSED 3PT, TO, STEAL, TO, AND1 FOUL. But the opponent needs to be able to take advantage of the miscues. My point is that JESS STROM coached teams have for 8+ years been ready and able to take what's given.
                                We blew the game, who cares. Relax

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X