Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what the "major announcement" Grenier is going to make about WLU today (10:00?)? Any big issues (positive or negative) that have been brewing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post

We blew the game, who cares. Relax
      Always relaxed with COACH JESS in charge.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
        Anyone know what the "major announcement" Grenier is going to make about WLU today (10:00?)? Any big issues (positive or negative) that have been brewing?
        Please post if it's worthwhile. I can't find a connection to the announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
          Anyone know what the "major announcement" Grenier is going to make about WLU today (10:00?)? Any big issues (positive or negative) that have been brewing?
          Maybe your favorite football coach has resigned ?

Comment

• President announced his retirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
              President announced his retirement.
              OK how does that sit with TOPPER fans ? Has he been a friend or foe of athletics?

Comment

• If I recall, Greiner had a questionable history with regard to athletic support particularly when compared to Capehart. He has been supportive of athletics generally and a number of new programs and facility improvements have taken place under his tenure (starting M&W Soccer, major football stadium renovation, new soccer and track venues, practice dome, etc) but on the negative side of the ledger he let the AD hiring linger for WAY to long before hiring internal and he has accepted sustained failure to become acceptable in the football program. All in all it sum it up as could have been worse...but could have been much better.

Comment

• Comment

• General Observations on Mansfield Game in Raleigh NC

Comment

General Observations on Mansfield Game in Raleigh NC
                      If this general, I'm guessing specific is probably short story ish !!! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

If this general, I'm guessing specific is probably short story ish !!! LOL
                        LOL.

General is not a synonym for brief.
                        general observations are typically accurate but not always. I should have warned folks it was long or broken it up into team comments, game notes and individual comments in separate posts.

But your point is well taken. I had forgotten that complete understanding of any issue or complex social problem can be achieved in 140 characters or less, which matches the attention span of a lot of folks today. LOL. Just kidding...

at least I gave u a scouting report on Mansfield! LOL
                        Last edited by Columbuseer; 11-14-2019, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• We're grateful to Columbus for his insights (he apparently went to Raleigh last week, I'm assuming). We're itching to get a look at our 2019 Toppers. There was no live feed (that I could find) provided by Shaw, and the student TV crew was dispatched to Buckhannon for the football game as opposed to making the trip to Raleigh last weekend. So, absent the ability to get a look, we're relying on Columbus's recaps here. But yes, Cal69, I suspect the recaps will get shorter once we all have access to the ability to actually watch the games. ; )

Comment

LOL.

General is not a synonym for brief.
                            They term general alluded to the entire Wl team as opposed to specific individuals.

But your point is well taken. I had forgotten that complete understanding of any issue or complex social problem can be achieved in 140 characters or less, which matches the attention span of a lot of folks today. LOL. Just kidding...
                            Hey, I can make it all the way to 280 characters...most days....if I had my nap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                              We're grateful to Columbus for his insights (he apparently went to Raleigh last week, I'm assuming). We're itching to get a look at our 2019 Toppers. There was no live feed (that I could find) provided by Shaw, and the student TV crew was dispatched to Buckhannon for the football game as opposed to making the trip to Raleigh last weekend. So, absent the ability to get a look, we're relying on Columbus's recaps here. But yes, Cal69, I suspect the recaps will get shorter once we all have access to the ability to actually watch the games. ; )
                              You probably know this but replay is on Shaw athletic web site. Historic gym with windows with concrete wall 3 ft behind end line. Guys would shield their eyes from sun at times. I enjoyed it.

think you are going to really like this team. Robinson is an incredible athlete with high basketball iq.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Hey, I can make it all the way to 280 characters...most days....if I had my nap.
                                Haha. Good one.
                                Twitter doubled the length to 280 to allow more room for ending the tweet with an ad hominem argument. LOL.
                                (football boards are notorious for this LOL)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X