Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check our the impressive basketball analysis from Alum! Next you'll trot out a plum like - "The key to winning is scoring more points than the other team!"

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Check our the impressive basketball analysis from Alum! Next you'll trot out a plum like - "The key to winning is scoring more points than the other team!"
      Nope, don't have to. You complain about the refs but everything they called was legit! Quit crying... plain and simple!!! You lost to WVSU player number 7,8,9,10 and 11. Is this why you are so bitter??? Your top 5 couldn't beat their bottom of the bench!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Nope, don't have to. You complain about the refs but everything they called was legit! Quit crying... plain and simple!!! You lost to WVSU player number 7,8,9,10 and 11. Is this why you are so bitter??? Your top 5 couldn't beat their bottom of the bench!!!
        You're funny!! Your hatred and envy of WLU come through in every one of your posts.

Looks like IUP is going to host regionals again this year. Maybe you should focus your insight on getting your team past its first game...and when you ultimately lose before the regional finals, focus on getting more than the score board operators and ball boys to attend!!!

Till the...You stay classy Indiana!!

Comment

• If Joe hosts the regional minus losing his top player for the season in Game 4 -- and another starter for 3 weeks mid-season -- ... that in iteslf is quite the accomplishment.

They did pretty well at the Regional last year at the gate ... 2,000 for the West Chester game and 1,700 for Mercyhurst. Those are good numbers for anybody over Spring Break. The timing just sucks.

No host school is going to draw crap on Tuesday night if the home team isn't playing. As we all know first-hand Mercyhurst just had a great run in March. IUP beat them up twice last year ... lost the one that mattered most.

Bringing in a whole fan base over a one-on-one argument isn't exactly classy, either. Just sayin'

Comment

• Boswell Bombshell:

Apparently, Howlett announced during the post-game presser that the reason Boswell didn't play today is because he has hung up his basketball shoes for good. He's allegedly done--starting today.

Edit to add: early odds on Boswell turning up in the Angelo Dome next year?
            Last edited by Scrub; 02-09-2020, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
              Boswell Bombshell:

Apparently, Howlett announced during the post-game presser that the reason Boswell didn't play today is because he has hung up his basketball shoes for good. He's allegedly done--starting today.

Edit to add: early odds on Boswell turning up in the Angelo Dome next year?
              I'd say pretty good odds. I think you'll be better off with McKinney starting to be honest. Boswell didn't look real great this year in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'd say pretty good odds. I think you'll be better off with McKinney starting to be honest. Boswell didn't look real great this year in my opinion.
                Totally agree. Boswell just never looked totally in sync in the WLU system. And now that McKinney & Robinson are pretty well "indoctrinated" into the WLU system, they should be fine down the stretch. It also helps that Moore returned from his high ankle sprain this week as well.

Comment

Agreed. Can't fault Boswell for his effort. Guy left it all on the floor every night. Even so, sitting out last year seemed to have affected his game. Just didn't seem like the same player that scored almost 1,000 points in 2 years at Jesuit. Just hope he stays in school and finishes his degree. Good kid.
                  Have to agree with you about Malik. Superior athleticism and length with the ability to finish at the rim. Excellent on-ball defender. Big part of last night's win against Charleston.

Comment

IUP does tend to pick up WLU's cast offs!!

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

IUP does tend to pick up WLU's cast offs!!
                      Dyer ... all day.

Boswell ... no thanks.

Come on .. you have a Seton Hill cast-off. LOL.

Comment

• I get what you mean, IUPbig. Boswell doesn't necessarily profile as the kind of player that either an IUP or WLU would usually target.

But as TimberTopper said above, you can't question the kid's heart and effort. He gave 100% effort in every minute he played this year. But he just never seemed to sync up with what WLU was doing. I remember him being a 3-point assassin at Wheeling, and that aspect of his game never materialized at WLU. He's certainly fearless attacking the rim, but we can get that from McKInney & Robinson as well.

And if Seton Hill wants to send along any other McKinney's we'll accept them with open arms!

I'd look for Boswell to suit up as a Vulcan next year. Here's hoping his transition to Cal follows the Pegram model rather than the Mo Burns model!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                            I get what you mean, IUPbig. Boswell doesn't necessarily profile as the kind of player that either an IUP or WLU would usually target.

But as TimberTopper said above, you can't question the kid's heart and effort. He gave 100% effort in every minute he played this year. But he just never seemed to sync up with what WLU was doing. I remember him being a 3-point assassin at Wheeling, and that aspect of his game never materialized at WLU. He's certainly fearless attacking the rim, but we can get that from McKInney & Robinson as well.

And if Seton Hill wants to send along any other McKinney's we'll accept them with open arms!

I'd look for Boswell to suit up as a Vulcan next year. Here's hoping his transition to Cal follows the Pegram model rather than the Mo Burns model!
                            Don't get me wrong I'd take him ... but it wouldn't be in a role he'd like. Next year he'd probably be the 8th or 9th man and I doubt he'd want that as a senior. Joe also won't take a one-year guy unless he's going to be a Day 1 starter.

Not every player is going to fit in to the WL system. When he thrived as a sophmore he was in an offense more like a PSAC system. Teams had to pay so much attention to Highsmith and Moseh that he was able to really play that sniper role well.

All logic points to a reunion with Sancomb. I don't think he'd start there next year, either, but he'd get solid minutes. Danny is real close to being a real good team. The West is going to be incredible next year.

Not going to comment on Mo Burns. But I'll say there's a reason it didn't work for her at IUP. My guess would be the same reason is surfacing at Cal.

Comment

• Wow--interesting numbers, Ditrybird. Thanks for doing the legwork. You're right that it seemed he always came up big in the biggest moments at Wheeling which probably gave off a kind of mystique to his game.

And you're right that the minutes played was likely affecting his production at WLU a bit.

IUPbig's point about the presence of Highsmith and Moseh can't be understated either. Defenses had to pay so much attention to those guys that Boswell had a lot of room to work (perhaps especially at big moments when coaches would game plan for Highsmith and Moseh). All of that likely gave the impression of a bigger impact than the numbers completely bear out.

Interesting stuff

Comment

• I wish him well. Very nice young man.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X