Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well deserved pre season recognition for dalton and will. However, opponents had better not ignore patrick robinson III, who now has a year of experience. If one looks just at points per minute played, the top three were:
    patrick: 0.752
    will: 0.716
    dalton: 0.687

patrick shot over 50% From three until tailing off late in the season, finishing at 44.5%.

all three players can also finish at the rim.

Comment

• FYI
      interesting article on dante spadifora committing to west lib...

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202010070018

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
        FYI
        interesting article on dante spadifora committing to west lib...

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202010070018
        Great to hear! Hahahahaha...There appears to be a distance between "good shape" and WLU shape!! I bet big $ that he wasn't the first potential recruit to come in and halfway through his first practice think "Holly fu*k!!! I'm going to DIE!!!"...And then spend 5 minutes with his head burried in a court side trash can!! Heck, probably most of the players on the roster thought and did the same at their first practice! Difference between a player who plays at WLU and those that decide to go elsewere...WLU player is insulted that HE couldn't keep up and works harder, person who goes elsewhere finds it insulting that WLU put HIM through such a hard tryout.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Great to hear! Hahahahaha...There appears to be a distance between "good shape" and WLU shape!! I bet big $ that he wasn't the first potential recruit to come in and halfway through his first practice think "Holly fu*k!!! I'm going to DIE!!!"...And then spend 5 minutes with his head burried in a court side trash can!! Heck, probably most of the players on the roster thought and did the same at their first practice! Difference between a player who plays at WLU and those that decide to go elsewere...WLU player is insulted that HE couldn't keep up and works harder, person who goes elsewhere finds it insulting that WLU put HIM through such a hard tryout.

Comment

• Just an observation...I think WLU's small by DII standards roster size contributes to the condition of every player. When you are on a DII that has 20+ "players" on the team, you get plenty of rest between your turn in the lay-up line. The intensity of WLU's practices has been well documented...not many chances to catch your breath when you are going full court 5 on 5 with 12 or 13 players!!

As they say, steel sharpens steel!

Comment

Just an observation...I think WLU's small by DII standards roster size contributes to the condition of every player. When you are on a DII that has 20+ "players" on the team, you get plenty of rest between your turn in the lay-up line. The intensity of WLU's practices has been well documented...not many chances to catch your breath when you are going full court 5 on 5 with 12 or 13 players!!

As they say, steel sharpens steel!
              I've noticed that in a lot of other leagues ... giant rosters. The PSAC teams have never really done it. I get the reasoning ... more enrollment dollars.

Comment

• FYI
                Great podcast interview with ben howlett starting at about minute 9.
                host said wlu versus lincoln memorial was tge best game no one ever saw. Wlu lost 103-102 with seger scoring 44!

https://anchor.fm/chris-cott/episode...Howlett-elq9n4

Comment

• FYI
                  according to huntington paper, west liberty has a new commit. See recruiting roundup section.
                  6-3 SG Austin Webb south point OH . 22 ppg as a jr.

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/spor...56a60f0bc.html

Comment

• More info on Austin Webb of south point OH who signed loi yesterday.
                    1. valedictorian of his class
                    2. interest from marshall and many d2 schools
                    3. gym rat (common trait for wlu players)
                    4. leads by example

https://m.irontontribune.com/2020/11...-west-liberty/

Comment

• FYI all 3 recruits have signed LOI
                      Aiden Satterfield 6-6 charleston Catholic smooth scorer and captain all state A team as a Jr. Serious Interest from d1 schools
                      Austin Webb 6-3 22 South point oh. Interest from d1 schools and mec schools. Style and build similar to yoakum
                      Dante Spadafora - 6-0 point guard 3 time pa all state Coraopolis pa. Only loss was in ot to aliquippa. Warrior mentality and great passer and scorer. Style resembles combo of dyer and Robinson iii. Interest from d1 schools.

Comment

• As the DII Basketball season is kicking off, the NCAA released their first Power 10 for the week. Checking in at #2 is WLU behind NW Missouri. Other notables on the list include Nova Southeastern at #6, IUP at #8 and Fairmont listed among the "Best of the Rest."

Comment

As the DII Basketball season is kicking off, the NCAA released their first Power 10 for the week. Checking in at #2 is WLU behind NW Missouri. Other notables on the list include Nova Southeastern at #6, IUP at #8 and Fairmont listed among the "Best of the Rest."
                          *YAWN*

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

*YAWN*
                            Yep...See the PSAC in 2021-22!!

Comment

Yep...See the PSAC in 2021-22!!
                              I don't see any schedules or guidance from the MEC either...

Comment

• west liberty has best home record in the decade from 2010-2011 of any NCAA team.
                                won 95.0% of games (151-8). Kansas was second at 94.1%.

https://www.timesleaderonline.com/sp...ns-basketball/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X