Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Numbers within the numbers...Shooting first half 41% (50% from 3), second half 33% (10% from 3).

Clearly something is wrong with this team and it needs a HUGE wake-up call. I'd start by changing my starting five to:

Rasile
    Hyles
    Powell
    Conley
    Watson
    You want to bench Dalton Bolon? I don't think many All-American senior players would take kindly to coming off the pine.

Comment

Perhaps the MEC isn't as weak as some say it is??
      OR Your team isn't as good as you've been yacking about!

Comment

• Looks like they were tired of getting their butts kicked

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You want to bench Dalton Bolon? I don't think many All-American senior players would take kindly to coming off the pine.
          Well, he probably wouldn't take kindly to being benched. But maybe that is what's necessary. If he doesn't like it, he can show he deserves to be in the starting 5 by performing like an All-American senior when he is on the court!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

OR Your team isn't as good as you've been yacking about!
            Could be. But one thing for certain, they are going to finish with a better record than IUP!

Comment

Well, he probably wouldn't take kindly to being benched. But maybe that is what's necessary. If he doesn't like it, he can show he deserves to be in the starting 5 by performing like an All-American senior when he is on the court!
              Didn't he have like 29 pts and 11 boards in one of the losses?

Again, I haven't watched so perhaps the stats are misleading. But, that's a big stat line. Is he having leadership issues?

Comment

• OK...WLU drums undefeated no more Glenville by 32 points 117-85. TON's of ball movement and not a lot of dribble drive play by the Toppers. Overall team 3 pt shooting was a little low (38.7%) but our "Big 3" were 9 for 16 (56.2%) from 3. As a team we shot 53.2% from the field which is more than acceptable.

Ben Sarson had a nifty little game albeit in garbage time scoring 8 points. Like to see a little more of him during the competative part of games.
                Last edited by boatcapt; 02-01-2021, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Didn't he have like 29 pts and 11 boards in one of the losses?

Again, I haven't watched so perhaps the stats are misleading. But, that's a big stat line. Is he having leadership issues?
                  I wouldn't call it a leadership issue. But I do think he was guilty of forcing things a bit during the rough patch (i.e., trying to put the team on his back instead of trusting the system). Can't fault a kid for having the heart of a lion. But they looked a heck of a lot better tonight when actually sharing the ball.

Comment

• Glenville has a unique roster experiment going on ... basically all guards. Biggest guy on team is 6'4".

Unfortunately for them they aren't going to win a guard p!ssing match with WL ... as you saw tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I wouldn't call it a leadership issue. But I do think he was guilty of forcing things a bit during the rough patch (i.e., trying to put the team on his back instead of trusting the system). Can't fault a kid for having the heart of a lion. But they looked a heck of a lot better tonight when actually sharing the ball.
                      Yea...It wasn't lack of effort...It was actually trying to do too much. He wasn't letting the game come to him and play within the system. Tonights game was the Dalton of the last few seasons...getting his teammates involved in the game, making that extra pass when another player had a better shot, tons of energy and shooting well when it was his time.

Comment

Glenville has a unique roster experiment going on ... basically all guards. Biggest guy on team is 6'4".

Unfortunately for them they aren't going to win a guard p!ssing match with WL ... as you saw tonight.
                        WLU has trotted out such teams in the past and done quite well. I recall one year were our biggest player was 6'5".

Comment

Could be. But one thing for certain, they are going to finish with a better record than IUP!
                          One thing is for sure, they have 3 more losses than IUP!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

One thing is for sure, they have 3 more losses than IUP!
                            WLU .625...IUP .000

Comment

• FYI west lib team national d2 stat ranking, (through Feb 2 unless otherwise noted)

# 1
                              Scoring 102.6

Total Rebounds Per Game 46
                              Offensive rebounds per game 16.62
                              Free Throw % 81.57%

Steals per Game 10.2

Scoring margin 20
                              Turnovers forced per game 19.25
                              Assists per game 18.5

Rebound Margin 9

Defensive Rebounds per game 29.38
                              Turnover margin 4.9

Assist to turnover ratio 1.29
                              Blocked shots per game 3.8

3 pt FG defense 29.6%

Comment

WLU .625...IUP .000
                                You win 6 games out of every 10... That blows in college basketball!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X