Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
    Wlu cannot overlook frostburg. When we played them earlier, their star player had the green light to jack up bad shots. Before their wvsu victory, somebody gave them the wlu version of the vulcan mind meld. They were rapidly passing the ball and giving up good shots for great shots. Went up 20 in 1st half.
    The Powell kid averages some obscene number of points (like, maybe 27 per game or something like that). If someone around him has a career game, they're already halfway to an upset. I agree that they will need to take care of business against Frostburg.

Comment

Wlu cannot overlook frostburg. When we played them earlier, their star player had the green light to jack up bad shots. Before their wvsu victory, somebody gave them the wlu version of the vulcan mind meld. They were rapidly passing the ball and giving up good shots for great shots. Went up 20 in 1st half.
      You're worried about Frostburg? That's like playing against a low class high school team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

The Powell kid averages some obscene number of points (like, maybe 27 per game or something like that). If someone around him has a career game, they're already halfway to an upset. I agree that they will need to take care of business against Frostburg.
        Don't see a powell on fsu roster. Imho best player is #4 edwards averages 19 and 39% from 3 and good dribble drive. I know we beat them by 62 earlier. But against wvsu they were playing wlu ball on offense and were carving up wvsu. Frostburg definitely lost the pre game warmup against wvsu. Announcers said it was the unselfish offense they had been waiting to see.

Wvsu definitely took them lightly. Unselfish, team ball can be a great equalizer.

I know coach Howlett will make changes if he does not see great Effort.

Comment

Don't see a powell on fsu roster. Imho best player is #4 edwards averages 19 and 39% from 3 and good dribble drive. I know we beat them by 62 earlier. But against wvsu they were playing wlu ball on offense and were carving up wvsu. Frostburg definitely lost the pre game warmup against wvsu. Announcers said it was the unselfish offense they had been waiting to see.

Wvsu definitely took them lightly. Unselfish, team ball can be a great equalizer.

I know coach Howlett will make changes if he does not see great Effort.
          My mistake. Powell is the kid from D&E who started the year with a very high scoring average. Looks like he got off to a very hot start but may have regularized lately. We haven't seen him yet. I just remember him making some headlines after a hot start. But we've had to wait so long to see him--we many not see that version of him.
          Last edited by Scrub; 02-17-2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You're worried about Frostburg? That's like playing against a low class high school team.
            When you're sitting on 3 losses in a small-field tourney year, you're worried about every opponent. Notre Dame was about 2 minutes away from making hosting duties in the Regional very uncomfortable for a disappointed collection of ball boys and stat runners.

Comment

My mistake. Powell is the kid from D&E who started the year with a very high scoring average. Looks like he got off to a very hot start but may have regularized lately. We haven't seen him yet.
              Speaking of powell, can't wait to see Luke powell next year. He is injured this year at wlu. Scored 2374 points. He and Zach Rasile were 2 of 8 finalists for mr. ohio basketball.

Comment

When you're sitting on 3 losses in a small-field tourney year, you're worried about every opponent. Notre Dame was about 2 minutes away from making hosting duties in the Regional very uncomfortable for a disappointed collection of ball boys and stat runners.
                So true. Another concern is balance of GMAC. Hillsdale and Findlay have had close games. Cedarville has beaten them both. Risk is hillsdale and findlay lose inTourney and gmac gets 3 teams.

Comment

So true. Another concern is balance of GMAC. Hillsdale and Findlay have had close games. Cedarville has beaten them both. Risk is hillsdale and findlay lose inTourney and gmac gets 3 teams.
                  Walsh and Kentucky Wesleyan are also tough outs. MEC fans just have to hope that Hillsdale takes care of business.

Comment

Wow... now some sense being spoken. I wonder why a team like IUP didn't opt in with only being able to get cup cakes on the schedule? hmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Wow... now some sense being spoken. I wonder why a team like IUP didn't opt in with only being able to get cup cakes on the schedule? hmmm

Comment

• They'll be back next year. All of them. Enjoy this year.

Seriously, worrying about Frostburg is like IUP worrying about Clarion.

They can have a player who gets 40 ppg. Who cares. Who gets the other 70 they'd need?

Frostburg football showed they can at least be a workout. Frostburg basketball is horrendous.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They'll be back next year. All of them. Enjoy this year.

Seriously, worrying about Frostburg is like IUP worrying about Clarion...
                          Good news for IUP. They could have had a three-peat in 2020, 2021 and 2022. But I'm sure they will be happy with just one national championship in 2022 (I know WLU would! LOL).

Can anyone seriously challenge them in PSAC next year?

I know, it seems silly to worry about Frostburg. It is just that I watched some of the WVSU game and they looked like a different team than the one we beat by 62 points. On paper they should have lost by 20-30 points to WVSU.
                          Of course, I hope you are correct.

Comment

Good news for IUP. They could have had a three-peat in 2020, 2021 and 2022. But I'm sure they will be happy with just one national championship in 2022 (I know WLU would! LOL).

Can anyone seriously challenge them in PSAC next year?

I know, it seems silly to worry about Frostburg. It is just that I watched some of the WVSU game and they looked like a different team than the one we beat by 62 points. On paper they should have lost by 20-30 points to WVSU.
                            Of course, I hope you are correct.
                            Yes. Mercyhurst will be loaded again next year. The Lakers may win the last game of the season this year.

To quote the famous Billy Beane ... If you don't win the last game of the season .... nobody gives a sh!t

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yes. Mercyhurst will be loaded again next year. The Lakers may win the last game of the season this year.

To quote the famous Billy Beane ... If you don't win the last game of the season .... nobody gives a sh!t
                              Love the Moneyball quote.

Yes, Hurst can win the last game. Only thing hurting them right now is not playing games regularly. Tough to get in sync and jelling that way!

Comment

• 2021 WLU Freshman Dante Spadafora Sighting #3

Dante gets the ball in transition and dribbles at a sprint down the court. At about the 3-point line in the middle of the court, he does a no-look behind-the-back bounce pass to a teammate in the corner for an open three. That bounce pass was at least 30 feet and was on the money, despite the fact Dante was still moving forward toward his goal at high speed.

It was amazing; for many players, that type of pass is frequently errant, for it lands too far in front of the teammate because the ball is moving forward at the same speed and direction as the dribbler when it is released and they don't account for that aspect of Newton's Law of Motion. So they wind up leading the receiver of the pass too much and the ball goes out of bounds. Quite a common occurrence against WLU press.

Purportedly, some writers in Pittsburgh are saying the OLSH is the best team in the WPIAL regardless of classification.

Dante is the perfect fit for the WLU style. He is going to thrive there.
                                Last edited by Columbuseer; 02-18-2021, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X