Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed. I've been saying that Butler reminds me a lot of a "Seger Jr." If he reaches half the heights Bonifant did, he'll be a special player. And if he develops all the way to the heights Bonifant did, then look out!

Comment

• I agree with everyone about Bryce. He is a really complete player in all phases. He is fearless in taking charges. Not just a 3 point shooter, he has great footwork with his back to the basket. He is a warrior on the glass. Can play every position.

He likely won't match Seger in shooting, as he has the best 3pt % in d2 ( and d1 I think) history at about 52%. But Bryce may exceed him in other areas.

Areas for improvement:
      • Improve ft %
      • Develop the jump stop on drives and the 8 ft. Jumper to avoid the charge. Patrick has recently added this to his rim runs and it is nearly unstoppable and an automatic two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Agreed. I've been saying that Butler reminds me a lot of a "Seger Jr." If he reaches half the heights Bonifant did, he'll be a special player. And if he develops all the way to the heights Bonifant did, then look out!
        I thought of a more gifted Hester

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post

I thought of a more gifted Hester
          Except that Hester played with his back to the basket much more frequently. Butler is just as likely to run the point as to come at you from the wing. Butler wishes he could rebound like Hester.

I know Hester pursued a nice, stable career in dentistry, but given that guy's ability to read angles off a backboard, he must have been a physics wiz--maybe could have been an engineer. I never saw a smallish "big" guy rebound with such ability as Hester. Night in and night out he out-rebounded opponents who had 3-5 inches on him. He got every one of those boards with his head and his "want-to." Magnificent to watch.

Comment

Except that Hester played with his back to the basket much more frequently. Butler is just as likely to run the point as to come at you from the wing. Butler wishes he could rebound like Hester.

I know Hester pursued a nice, stable career in dentistry, but given that guy's ability to read angles off a backboard, he must have been a physics wiz--maybe could have been an engineer. I never saw a smallish "big" guy rebound with such ability as Hester. Night in and night out he out-rebounded opponents who had 3-5 inches on him. He got every one of those boards with his head and his "want-to." Magnificent to watch.
            Great points about Hester and rebounding. Some have said that 90% of rebounds are taken below the rim, which makes anticipation, position, and effort more important than height.

Comment

I based that on them looking alike lol

Comment

• Comment

• He looks really good too, sigh

Comment

• No video tonight apparently. Feeling your pain, IUP fans.

Comment

• Video is up now. (Not sure I want to look, though--based on the early score)

Comment

• Wow what a gutsy win. Another game where we were cold and they were hitting everything. I have no idea what that was at the end but that would have been a terrible way to lose

Comment

• WLU 86 WVSU 84. What the he11 was Kovacevic thinking on the last play? Gets the ball on the inbound with 2 sec to play and throws a lazy cross court pass to no one. WVSU "steals" it at half court and gets the off balance 1/2 court 3 pt try that sails just wide at the buzzer!

34% from 3 range...jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                            WLU 86 WVSU 84. What the he11 was Kovacevic thinking on the last play? Gets the ball on the inbound with 2 sec to play and throws a lazy cross court pass to no one. WVSU "steals" it at half court and gets the off balance 1/2 court 3 pt try that sails just wide at the buzzer!

34% from 3 range...jeez.
                            That was incredibly stupid

Comment

• In general, that WVSU team is just too talented to be 5-5. This is why I always say they must be prone to mental lapses. There's no excuse for a team like that to lose winnable games. Every time they play the Hilltoppers--and they're dialed in with their focus--they give WLU a dogfight. If they could find it in them to play with that kind of focus night in and night out, they have the talent to be at the top of the league. A puzzling bunch, those Yellowjackets.

Comment

• The mental toughness of this team us amazing!

Some observations:
                                • seeing emergence of bryce as a dominant, complete player. Warrior on the boards.
                                • Zach is becoming much more than a shooter. Growing rapidly as a defender and is willing to fight for rebounds and loose balls.
                                • Wlu can play half court shutdown defense even without generating turnovers
                                • Ben sarson is growing rapidly. Non stop turbo motor, as when he rebounded missed foul shot and scored late.
                                • Wvsu took some "me" possessions in the second half with little ball movement that cost them dearly..
                                • Younger ref(s?) had a bad night. Missed goal tending on bryce shot, wrong walk call on patrick, foul on zach underneath when he did not touch him. Technical on malik after the player grabbed his neck on the ground like it was the ball. I did not see malik hit the player on replay so i am puzzled.
                                • Wlu committed only 1 turnover in second half.
                                • Some brilliant coaching moves in last 2 minutes.
                                1. Zone defense stole a possession.
                                2. Everyone knew abrams was going to take the shot when down by three. Cmont tried to deny him the in bound pass. As he crossed half court on the right sideline, heavily guarded by cmont, pat sprinted over to double team him, disrupting his rhythm for a potential three and forcing him to a rim run where he was met by one of our bigs who forced a wild shot without fouling. We got the rebound.
                                Last edited by Columbuseer; 12-14-2021, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X