Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'm curious who the PSAC will target when Mercyhurst allegedly joins the Big 10.

My guess is they'd make a big push with Frostburg State. They'd go in the East and perhaps Ship comes back to the West.

Because, you known, we need 97 teams in the league.
    Wasn't the annual Shepherd v. Ship "rivalry" game the major motivator for Shep joining the PSAC? Now 3 years later, that annual game may be gone??

Never discussed when people talk about who the PSAC is going to poach next is Lincoln (PA). Why is that??

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      Wasn't the annual Shepherd v. Ship "rivalry" game the major motivator for Shep joining the PSAC? Now 3 years later, that annual game may be gone??

Never discussed when people talk about who the PSAC is going to poach next is Lincoln (PA). Why is that??
      No idea. I actually prefer we get rid of teams ... not add them. But, the powers at be seem to want a mega conference.

If they would have to bump an East team to the West, it would likely either be Lock Haven or Shippensburg. Recall, both used to be in the West not all that long ago.

Comment

No idea. I actually prefer we get rid of teams ... not add them. But, the powers at be seem to want a mega conference.

If they would have to bump an East team to the West, it would likely either be Lock Haven or Shippensburg. Recall, both used to be in the West not all that long ago.
        Still no update from the NCAA about weather the two "new" PASSHE universities will be permitted to field FIVE DII football teams or two! So you still may get your wish. Lose Hurst to the BIG 10 (snicker, snicker), lose LHU, Boro, and Clarion from an athletic standpoint and figure out how to shed Gannon and the PSAC would be a more managable 13 teams (all sports) with 12 for football.

Comment

• Imho great decision by will yoakum to attend nova se. He was at wlu for 5 years. He gets a change in scenery while being able to step right into the style. With Sylla in the portal, there is an opening in the starting lineup.

Comment

• Looks like you got a new guard.

Comment

• Nice pickup https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/s...7R9m6k9NLqPSZg

Comment

Looks like you got a new guard.
                Yep...because, apparently, you can NEVER have too many guards!!!! As it stands now, we have 8 guards and 2 forwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Yep...because, apparently, you can NEVER have too many guards!!!! As it stands now, we have 8 guards and 2 forwards.
                  Technically, Boat, there are NO guards and NO forwards on the roster. That's why they call it positionless basketball. [shrug]

Comment

• IMHO, the wlu roster is hard to categorize in terms of traditional position names, as they play positionless basketball. Looking at their skills, the whole roster could be considered guards, just in varying sizes.

Comment

• Alek West is a very versatile player. High IQ player. Always under control.
                      - At 6-4 he ran the offense at odu
                      - Great vision to find open man, very unselfish
                      - Great mechanics on his shot. Only takes good shots
                      - Had 2 triple doubles and 3 more double doubles
                      - Aggressive rebounder

Watched replay of ODU versus Salem at ODU.
                      I think he will blossom in the up tempo wlu style. Great fit.
                      BTW, He played against wlu two years ago when wlu won by 40+ points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Technically, Boat, there are NO guards and NO forwards on the roster. That's why they call it positionless basketball. [shrug]
                        Then why put the positions on the roster. I mean, it's a conscious choice to ID players by position. If they truely are "positionless," then don't label them at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I agree. We even saw Viktor, Ben and Bryce bring the ball down the court on occasion and start the offense. Enjoyed watching them do spin moves at speed around defenders in the open court. Very guard-like moves.

Comment

• Looks like Luke Denbow De-committed last night.

Comment

• On a somewhat unrelated note:

Does personal lntegrity seem to be declining?
                              Not only is your word no longer your bond, but your signature on a contract means nothing.

Used to preach to my kids: your money, your job, your health, even your relationships, are not totally under your control. You could lose them tomorrow, through no fault of your own.
                              However, your character and integrity are completely under your control. You alone make the decision to sully your character and integrity. And once you sully it, it is very hard to restore.

Weak excuses and justifications often accompany breaking your word, as rationalization is the mind's defense mechanisn to maintain sanity or avoid condemnation when violating one's deeply held beliefs and conscience.

What I find ironic is that in today's social media world, your character and integrity (or lack thereof) are now visible to all!
                              Prospective employers commonly search all of your social media history looking for character flaws.
                              Yet despite this, lack of integrity seens to growing (except in cultures where dishonoring your ancestors is taboo).

As a parent, i am most thankful that my kids never chose that path.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                                On a somewhat unrelated note:

Does personal lntegrity seem to be declining?
                                Not only is your word no longer your bond, but your signature on a contract means nothing.

Used to preach to my kids: your money, your job, your health, even your relationships, are not totally under your control. You could lose them tomorrow, through no fault of your own.
                                However, your character and integrity are completely under your control. You alone make the decision to sully your character and integrity. And once you sully it, it is very hard to restore.

Weak excuses and justifications often accompany breaking your word, as rationalization is the mind's defense mechanisn to maintain sanity or avoid condemnation when violating one's deeply held beliefs and conscience.

What I find ironic is that in today's social media world, your character and integrity (or lack thereof) are now visible to all!
                                Prospective employers commonly search all of your social media history looking for character flaws.
                                Yet despite this, lack of integrity seens to growing (except in cultures where dishonoring your ancestors is taboo).

As a parent, i am most thankful that my kids never chose that path.

This is the extent of my social media. I quit the rest years ago. I couldn't take it anymore. It's beyond a cesspool.

It starts so early now, too. Kids in Jr. High are all over it. The stuff that gets posted from that age group is mind-blowing. And, of course, the kids are more technologically advanced than their parents in most cases, so they are experts at hiding things.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X