Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PSACwatcher View Post
    No way Crutch retires. He’s got the best gig going.
    …and he’s in Fort Lauderdale.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      …and he’s in Fort Lauderdale.
      He went there to retire in Florida

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I would love for the regional format to change. I understand why, at this level, it won’t. In 2018, IUP, West Liberty, and Mercyhurst all entered the regional field ranked in the top 10, while Fairmont, I think, was inside the Top 15. That’s not even fair if you really think about it.

Would love to see an open seeded tournament.
        It’s what Region 3 fans want for foosball. They don’t like the fact a Region 1 team gets a seat in the Final 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It’s what Region 3 fans want for foosball. They don’t like the fact a Region 1 team gets a seat in the Final 4.
          Joe's probably a legit Final Four team this year. WL was just better (this year). They just happened to be in the same region. Against half-court teams, IUP was perhaps final game worthy. But, that's not how it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Perhaps ... but why on Earth would Butler spend another year in D2? What else is left to do? Time to move on.

Ben, too, for that matter. I'm not buying D1 is afraid of Ben because he's a gimmick system. That's b.s. If he wants a job, it's waiting for him.

This isn't IUP crap. I'm a basketball fan. Both should move up - and have earned it.
            Unfinished business - win the finals
            going d1 is a minefield.
            - d1 coaches lie
            - being on a bad team or subbing will not help his game for Europe
            - wlu emphasis on team play helps get a gig in Europe

I could see a d2 with deep pockets in a talent rich state making a run for Ben.
            d1 is not moving up when iup and wlu could probably beat d1 teams outside the Top 100.

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post

For what? We just played for a natty
              And lost loser!

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post

Didn’t go, knew at 2 am we were losing so I canceled

Also the weather has sucked all day
                Fair weather fan! Loser!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

going d1 is a minefield.
                  - d1 coaches lie

d1 is not moving up when iup and wlu could probably beat d1 teams outside the Top 100.
                  No offense, but I wouldn’t want Ben unless he matures.

As for Butler, I could watch him play all day. He carried the team on more than one occasion in the tournament and created a lot for himself. Maybe he’ll follow in the footsteps of Shawn Dyer and come to IUP to finish his career. Boy wouldn’t that go over well in West Liberty? I mean, he could finish his career just minutes from his hometown. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

No offense, but I wouldn’t want Ben unless he matures.

Maybe he’ll follow in the footsteps of Shawn Dyer and come to IUP to finish his career. Boy wouldn’t that go over well in West Liberty? I mean, he could finish his career just minutes from his hometown. :)
                    Ah, yes. Shawn Dyer, the ultimate selfless team player. Who wouldn't want to play in the exciting IUP offense, where the star has the green light to take difficult shots?

However, in Bryce's case, I would be surprised if he made that choice, given that he is an academic all american.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

No chance. Poach some more and keep rolling.
                      That's twice that a team has poached a WLU player and rode him to the NC game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                        And lost loser!
                        How was the TV reception at IUP? I would imagine that Joe had the game on the big screen in the IUP team room for all the players to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

That's twice that a team has poached a WLU player and rode him to the NC game.
                          For sure they don't make NC game without Will. It is amazing we got there without him.
                          But he had been at wlu for 5 years. Don't blame him for going to play a similar style for his 6th year,

But he probably misses the beach at Peters Run Creek :-)

Comment

going d1 is a minefield.
                            - d1 coaches lie

D1 is moving up, though, when your paycheck triples (or more).

If I was Gannon I'd look at Lamberti. He's not going to play Robin to Ben's Batman forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

How was the TV reception at IUP? I would imagine that Joe had the game on the big screen in the IUP team room for all the players to watch.
                              Wouldn’t know, wasn’t there. I’d bet it was probably the same as on your sinking ****! Fair weather fan!

Comment

Ah, yes. Shawn Dyer, the ultimate selfless team player. Who wouldn't want to play in the exciting IUP offense, where the star has the green light to take difficult shots?

However, in Bryce's case, I would be surprised if he made that choice, given that he is an academic all american.
                                Not sure what the reference to Butler being an Academic All American has to do with it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X