Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Not sure what the reference to Butler being an Academic All American has to do with it.
    West Liberty is the Harvard of West Virginia- don't forget that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

D1 is moving up, though, when your paycheck triples (or more).

If I was Gannon I'd look at Lamberti. He's not going to play Robin to Ben's Batman forever.
      Howlett made 97,000 in 2022. I'm sure he has incentives built in that increase that some, but regardless. He's 37 probably (by my math). That's extremely young. Nobody that age, with the success he's already had, is staying at this level forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Howlett made 97,000 in 2022. I'm sure he has incentives built in that increase that some, but regardless. He's 37 probably (by my math). That's extremely young. Nobody that age, with the success he's already had, is staying at this level forever.
        If that's accurate they need to pony up. He should be making way more.

Comment

• I know it is very premature, but could St. Crutch be building a competitor to NWMSU and become a frequent member of the Elite 8?
          His style, coupled with 19m folks in FL and their beautiful campus has all the ingredients. In a recent interview, he said last year's success allowed him into recruits' living rooms that were not available before.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If that's accurate they need to pony up. He should be making way more.
            https://openpayrolls.com/ben-f-howlett-131927568

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
              I know it is very premature, but could St. Crutch be building a competitor to NWMSU and become a frequent member of the Elite 8?
              His style, coupled with 19m folks in FL and their beautiful campus has all the ingredients. In a recent interview, he said last year's success allowed him into recruits' living rooms that were not available before.
              How old is he?

Comment

• I know fans are disappointed with the outcome and with some players losing their composure.

As I reflect on the season, it is an amazing coaching accomplishment to reach the elite 8, much less the finals.
                many elite 8 teams have experienced senior laden squads.

Last season wlu lost:
                - 8 players including 4 starters
                - leading scorer 20 ppg to d1 charleston who became 6th man of year in d1 conference
                - MEC tourney mvp and all american level player and 18.5 ppg in 20-21 before being injured in 21-22 pre season in yoakum.
                - another 20+ ppg in moore, kovacevic, watson, etc.

Wlu added:
                -7 new players
                - a 1 yr transfer in cannady who played a different slow style.
                - a redshirt freshman seeing his first action after being injured through much of his redshirt year .

Given the style is a completely different way to play the game, it is very hard to effectively contribute in one year.

Congrats to the coaching staff!

Comment

• Congratulations Nova Southeastern, going 36-0 and winning the D2 Championship. Very impressive!

Comment

I know fans are disappointed with the outcome and with some players losing their composure.

As I reflect on the season, it is an amazing coaching accomplishment to reach the elite 8, much less the finals.

Last season wlu lost:
                    - leading scorer 20 ppg to d1 charleston who became 6th man of year in d1 conference
                    - MEC tourney mvp and all american level player and 18.5 ppg in 20-21 before being injured in 21-22 pre season in yoakum.

Wlu added:
                    -7 new players
                    - a redshirt freshman seeing his first action after being injured through much of his redshirt year .

Given the style is a completely different way to play the game, it is very hard to effectively contribute in one year.

You’re right, Ben. Great work!

Comment

• Butler to the portal as expected. Unfortunate

Comment

I know fans are disappointed with the outcome and with some players losing their composure.

Last season wlu lost:

Wlu added:
                        -7 new players

When you bleed your top players to graduation AND transfer, you can only keep up for so long. This year, thus far we are losing our top player to transfer AND two other starters to graduation and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of others follow. Eventually, you run out of experienced body's.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

When you bleed your top players to graduation AND transfer, you can only keep up for so long. This year, thus far we are losing our top player to transfer AND two other starters to graduation and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of others follow. Eventually, you run out of experienced body's.
                          Montague will have his masters in may, so he may move on.
                          Pankey and Daugustino are legit top 30 ohio players (all positions). However, it is a big ask for them to play major minutes.

Veterans have to step up.

Comment

Montague will have his masters in may, so he may move on.
                            Pankey and Daugustino are legit top 30 ohio players (all positions). However, it is a big ask for them to play major minutes.

Veterans have to step up.
                            That's part of the problem. Used to be that the veterans that we looked to to step up were juniors/seniors. The constant drain of players is pushing that veteran definition to sophomores and even redshirt freshmen.

Comment

• I’m not real high on the big high school kid we took. Didn’t have a great year after transferring and probably 4th or 5th best player on the team

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
                                I’m not real high on the big high school kid we took. Didn’t have a great year after transferring and probably 4th or 5th best player on the team
                                It might be that he is playing for a great coach but perhaps the wrong system. He is 6-7 and deadly from three. If he has not stopped growing, look out!
                                I think he has Juwan Staten and Truck Bryant as trainers. WLU will assess when he arrives and redshirt him if needed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X