X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Originally posted by Layton View Post
    Also Evan French out for the year probably a knee injury

I saw that on Twitter about French...I had him tabbed as a potential surprise player this year...Unfort injuries happen... Anyone heading to tonight or tomorrow's games? I think the West Chester game could be a good one...

Comment

West Chester had a fantastic class and a lot return. They will have the manpower to play with WLU. The cohesiveness may be another story.

I don't see a blowout but likely a competitive game. They will be a team that gets better as it goes. They brought in several transfers used to being 'the man'. It will be interesting to see how they mesh.

Damien Blair is an exceptional, no-nonsense coach. They have shooters and added some dynamite bigs.

Ryan Skorvanko's debut is pretty anticipated. He's a player.

This would be a great game to see live. They are a phenomenonal rebounding team.

This is certainly the game of the weekend.

Comment

I'll be at the game tonight I'll post my thoughts after

Comment

They'll drop 50 on poor Cheyney tonight.

Comment

Monteroso Hoehn Dennis Gross and meineger starting 5

Comment

65-28 halftime I'm sure I don't have to say who's in the lead this team has some serious hustle
              Last edited by Layton; 11-11-2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Looks like Dyer and Bolon may be red shirting, surprised bolon is with French out

Comment

Whoever had WL -80 you're in the money 135-55 final

Comment

Stats here https://twitter.com/wluhoops/status/797235505956065280

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
                      I saw that on Twitter about French...I had him tabbed as a potential surprise player this year...Unfort injuries happen... Anyone heading to tonight or tomorrow's games? I think the West Chester game could be a good one...
                      I went to both games. Dennis is unguardable and a great disruptor on defense.
                      Monterosa is incredible. Rejects shots slashes for dunks hits 3s. Total package with d1 strength. He was practicing with both football and ball. Will play wr at 1 pm and start at 7 pm game. There is no rust.
                      Wlu defines the word synergy where team is greater than sum of individual players. Zac k moves better less fouls hit a good looking 3. Meininger is Hester like rebounder. Zac g great 3s inside game and Keene Cockburn rejector along with Monterosa. Brady soaring above taller players. There is very little difference in production among 10 players. Clay is really good. Smart does not make mistakes and makes shots after contact. Griffin is good too. Practice must be a shootout! Their defense is like a swarm of killer bees they just don't stop coming at you. Notre dame beat west Chester 96-87 with good 3 pt shooting and playing fast. I like 10 and #12 for west Chester. They could be better later in the year. But the athletes at wlu are at a different level. Wlu has quick quick hands.
                      Smith has a beautiful 3 shot and was making incredible shots on drives after contact. He was scoring at will.
                      Last edited by Columbuseer; 11-12-2016, 05:58 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I was surprised about Bolon. But there are simply not enough minutes to go around. A rs year might clear out the log jam with hoehn graduating. What is amazing is how seamlessly people move between point guard and shooting guard. Brady at pt guard with Dennis at shooting guard. Hoehn at pt guard
                        etc.
                        Last edited by Columbuseer; 11-12-2016, 05:54 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
                          Looks like Dyer and Bolon may be red shirting, surprised bolon is with French out
                          I think you'll get a better idea tomorrow night when the Toppers face West Chester.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I went to the game tonight and let me first say that I know Cheyney is in a difficult situation but WLib made them look like a mid D3 squad. Dennis is a D1 guard that can go off for 25 plus a night if called upon, Hoehn can go for 30 on any night, Zac is going to cause mismatch problems all night for the opposing teams big man as long as he stays out of foul trouble. Clay Guillozet is better than advertised, Brady Arnold got better. My last observation is that this kid from Marist (Griffin), is waaaay better than I thought, this kid looks the part of a not so great D1 player coming down to a great D2 program and fits in perfect. Sorry West Chester and the possibly of West Liberty getting a test that we want to see, this just ain't going to happen....I would take a West Lib line of -25 against WC tomorrow right now and feel confident.

Comment

Griffin reminds me of a Lamberti Indy mix player that can dunk, maybe it's just the Aussie thing with Indy but he's that type of player I was impressed with him didn't expect him to be that good. Smith looked a tad slow maybe just from injury but shot well. I tell you what we might lack size but I haven't seen a WL team hustle and play defense this well in the 3 years I've been here. Monteroso was a nice surprise too. Will be interesting to see if they can play this hard every game and not get too worn out the hustle was insane

Comment

New to the message board and new to West Liberty...looking forward to the match up tonite after last nights beat down on Cheyney. ..

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X