• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

lol ...

One thing for sure ... he's the most celebrated incoming freshman in the history of this message board. Give him credit .. he's had staying power on here, too.

If he does sign at IUP ... it's going to be for a role and he should thrive in that role. He won't be looked upon to be 'the man' or anything. Not this coming year, anyway. The following year (his senior year) he'd play a much bigger part.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Being that your holy figure signed him ... have to assume such posts came from WV. Way too small for D1. Don't see many 6'6" post players in the ACC. You were all over his kool-aid on here until he went to Florida.
    I wasn't "all over his cool aid" (?) when he was sifned to play for WLU. I cautioned that he was to be a freshman and sometimes freshmen perform like, well, freshmen. They can do inexplicable things and be very up and down. I didn't agree with the anointing of him as the next savior of WLU basketball before he had bounced a basketball at the ARSC. His performance at Polk and Harcum say that maybe he was a bit over hyped but he does have ability and may finally thrive in a program that realizes his greatness.

I think he does serve as a cautionary tale about cool aid...a glass is nice on a hot day but if you down the whole pitcher you may end up with brain freeze!!

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

Originally posted by Layton View Post
    Interesting, wonder why
    Thought the same thing, Layton... entering his senior year, tons of playing time ahead of him...

Pure guess work--but I predict he heads back home to Australia and plays in their semi-pro / pro leagues...may have already gotten a degree? No one knows, but to transfer to a 3rd school for one season, leaving WL...weird...

Any one know anything?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

We'll see where he signs. All IUP did was make an offer.

There is a heavy rumor Fairmont State also offered him as with two other top PSAC East programs.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Being that your holy figure signed him ... have to assume such posts came from WV. Way too small for D1. Don't see many 6'6" post players in the ACC. You were all over his kool-aid on here until he went to Florida.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-27-2018, 05:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
    Just saw on Twitter that the Atlantic Region Basketball Legend Chucky Humphries rec'd an offer from IUP!!! Man, he gets around!
    Hahahaha! I read on this forum that he was a sure thing All American who was going to set the DII world on fire! Either that or was a sure thing to get a D1 offer from the likes of Duke or Michigan or Villanova!!

At least...that's what I heard!!

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Griffin transferring out per VC.
    Interesting, wonder why

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

Just saw on Twitter that the Atlantic Region Basketball Legend Chucky Humphries rec'd an offer from IUP!!! Man, he gets around!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by NathanVC View Post
    Per request, we had to take it down but wanted to leave a message here to confirm it's legit.

Once it hits this site ... it's made the D2 big time. Lol. Might as well leave it up now.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Sympathy for Lock Haven ... Brake is a nice player but Amir Hinton is the transfer prize of the year in D2. He has two years eligibility remaining. It wouldn't shock me if he goes 'up' but there's likely a giant bidding war going on for his services. He was a monster on a bad team. Surround him with some talent and look out.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    They have just offered Lock Haven transfer Tarojae Brake....according to Verbal Commits which is accurate and confirms this stuff before putting it out there.
    I hope that he has played in an open gym and has stepped up to the conditioning that is required. Some guys cant handle it. Great shooter and scorer. Reminds me of slightly bigger Jordan Watson in terms of style as a SG.

Leave a comment:

• NathanVC
    replied

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    They have just offered Lock Haven transfer Tarojae Brake....according to Verbal Commits which is accurate and confirms this stuff before putting it out there.
    Per request, we had to take it down but wanted to leave a message here to confirm it's legit.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

I think d2 allows the equivalent of 10 full scholarships which can be distributed among more than 10 players. I think wlu has two openings left. Not sure if that number includes any transfers. Given that wlu had 2 academic all Americans I would suspect some would qualify for academic aid also (like d3).

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Griffin transferring out per VC.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-26-2018, 01:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JDonAB92
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X