Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CalU Basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Mansfield got back Jeremiah Worthem yesterday for the first time all year. That guy is a monster under the basket.

Recall Mansfield beat Duquesne with Worthem last year. Then he got hurt and missed the whole season.

They are going to be for real this year if he stays healthy.
    He's a good player but holy jeez is this his fifth college stop? He played at RMU a few years ago.

Comment

He's looking for the right fit ... lol.

He's a grown man now. If he plays a full season Mansfield is going to be a wild card in the East. They have a couple real good guard and some giants underneath.

Comment

A couple of nice wins this week vs SALEM and BLOOMSBG. Acid test tomorrow vs 5-0 ESU who are averaging 107.6 and giving up 80.6. Needless to say this looks like a track meet with the winner whoever gets to 120 first. Being streamed on stretch @ 3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
          A couple of nice wins this week vs SALEM and BLOOMSBG. Acid test tomorrow vs 5-0 ESU who are averaging 107.6 and giving up 80.6. Needless to say this looks like a track meet with the winner whoever gets to 120 first. Being streamed on stretch @ 3pm.
          Pretty much as expected it was a sprint and the VULCANS couldn't quite make up the WARRIORS quick start losing 97-108. 11 down in the 1st half, even in the 2nd didn't get it done. FTs turned out to be the difference, as ESU went 20-25 to CALU 7-12. 3s might have made the difference if they had shot more than 22 versus 34 for ESU.1 game a week through the end of December and then the real test in conference play. Hope for the best.
          Last edited by CALUPA69; 12-03-2017, 05:03 PM. Reason: missing info

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
            Pretty much as expected it was a sprint and the VULCANS couldn't quite make up the WARRIORS quick start losing 97-108. 11 down in the 1st half, even in the 2nd didn't get it done. FTs turned out to be the difference, as ESU went 20-25 to CALU 7-12. 3s might have made the difference if they had shot more than 22 versus 34 for ESU.1 game a week through the end of December and then the real test in conference play. Hope for the best.
            The Warrior Men are deeper than last year's team, and I wouldn't be surprised if Cal and ESU played in the PSAC Final in March...

Comment

As of now the EAST is far superior to the West this year on the men's side.

Shippensburg hasn't looked too hot yet but it's early. You still have to beat Dustin Sleva in a big game -- not easy to do.

The West is wide open. It's a long season. A lot changes.

Comment

The Vulcan men stunk-up Heigas Field House today. I hate to say it, but they looked like a BB team.

Comment

Worst game of the year only because it was at the ANGELODOME and that should count for something...evidently not.. Bad in every aspect so no need to recite the stats. Just as some games, even losses, have shown how far the VULCANS have come in two years, this stinker definitely shows how far COACH MCBRIDE'S team has to go. GANNON next up on Wednesday.

Comment

I counted about 40 in the stands with what the broadcast showed. That place looks cavernous with empty stands. Tough to get anyone to show this time of year even if there were nice weather.

Comment

I was going to guess 60 max.

It's way too big. Gigantic, actually. Even if 3,000 were there it would still be half empty. It's like the Pitt at Heinz issue.

It's a beautiful arena ... D1 caliber. I do like how Cal doesn't do reserved seating.

I never 'got' how big that place was until seeing it in person. It looks significantly larger than the KCAC when you're inside.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        I was going to guess 60 max.

It's way too big. Gigantic, actually. Even if 3,000 were there it would still be half empty. It's like the Pitt at Heinz issue.

It's a beautiful arena ... D1 caliber. I do like how Cal doesn't do reserved seating.

I never 'got' how big that place was until seeing it in person. It looks significantly larger than the KCAC when you're inside.
                        Nice facility, necessary for June graduation and possibly useful if they could get a good promoter to schedule events. The now essentially abandoned parking garage makes that difficult.
                        I've always favored HAMER for BB with a much more intimate and louder feel, a true classic bandbox arena.
                        Last edited by CALUPA69; 01-01-2018, 06:49 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Comment

Comment

He'll need some time. He shot well against Edinboro from deep.

I think once he gets his legs back he can be more of the lethal set-shooter type. Cal has much more offensive talent than in the past so they should be able to get him a lot of open shots.

He's got a great shot outside. Saturday is going to be a tough trip for you guys up to Slippery Rock. That is a tough team ... nasty on boards and super physical.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X