Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Looks like IUP vs. Bowie State, Round III for the Region title Monday evening. IUP won the first two meetings early in the season.

I wonder if Bowie picked up a lot of second semester transfers since then? Anyone?

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
      Looks like IUP vs. Bowie State, Round III for the Region title Monday evening. IUP won the first two meetings early in the season.

I wonder if Bowie picked up a lot of second semester transfers since then? Anyone?

-
      Doesn't appear to be the case.

-

Comment

No ... Bowie just has a history of big March runs.

Comment

What happened to Edinboro? I lost interest in following the live stats when they were up 36-22 in second. How did they lose?

What an opportunity for IUP to advance to the Elite 8. And what an opportunity to screw it up. They are terrific, but the "bad IUP" team shows up far too often ... against Millersville, at Mercyhurst, first half at Gannon. Put this one away for the PSAC.

Comment

Not sure I follow ...

They are about to take on a team whom just beat No. 1 Va Union on its home court and then beat an incredible Edinboro team.

Like I always say .. once that bracket is set ... the records don't mean a thing.

IUP is 2-0. Bowie is 2-0.

Comment

Fair point. I don't think that I've seen a team on the women's side as terrific as IUP have he ability to play so far down to their level of competition. My brain has trouble processing the fact that they actually lost to Mercyhurst. And then comes the loss at home against an extremely mediocre Millersville team. Still can't comprehend that as good as they are, they are capable of those performances.

Comment

The one thing I've always admired about Bowie State .... they are the Fresno State of D2. Play anybody .. anywhere.

If the Bowie men would play the phony non-conference schedule like so many others they'd routinely have a way different record.

Year after year ... Bowie makes noise when the lights get bright. It's impressive.

Men's, this year, Bowie had the best SOS in the Atlantic.

Tom beat then twice. Doesn't matter much now. Next game has pretty high stakes.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  The one thing I've always admired about Bowie State .... they are the Fresno State of D2. Play anybody .. anywhere.

If the Bowie men would play the phony non-conference schedule like so many others they'd routinely have a way different record.

Year after year ... Bowie makes noise when the lights get bright. It's impressive.

Men's, this year, Bowie had the best SOS in the Atlantic.

Tom beat then twice. Doesn't matter much now. Next game has pretty high stakes.
                  This just follows the theory that playing a tougher schedule can sometimes pay off. Well, in some cases, at least...
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Comment

The host school went out on Day 1 and it's 7 hours one way from Indiana. Not a good combo.

Comment

The host school went out on Day 1 and it's 7 hours one way from Indiana. Not a good combo.
                        Small but loud iup group behind The radio guys though they said a lot of wbb alums were there

Comment

IUP beat Bowie twice this year ... once by 16 and then by 7 points. Irrelevent now but they should be pretty familiar with them.

No mistaking ... Bowie just knocked two heavyweights out of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                            Small but loud iup group behind The radio guys though they said a lot of wbb alums were there
                            I believe that recent IUP WBB alums like Marita Mathe, Ashley Stoner, and Sarah Pastorek are all in Virginia. I think the broadcast said that Mathe was there.

-

Comment

Indiana High School star guard Carlos Carter is signing with Wheeling Jesuit.

Very interesting. From what I'm told, IUP did not offer.

Comment

Indiana High School star guard Carlos Carter is signing with Wheeling Jesuit.

Very interesting. From what I'm told, IUP did not offer.
                                Never saw the kid, would he have been good enough to play here/blend in?

I know years ago that Jaymon Mason was brought to IUP for a work out and Lombardi turned his nose up at him.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X