Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
    So since the scrimmage isn't something that counts for either team and wasn't really supposed to be publicized...let's play some impossible trivia! You won't win. (Keep your answers in the form of questions.)

1. These players were in the starting five.
    2. This IUP player had 30 points and 19 rebounds
    3a. How many bench players recorded minutes?
    3b. This player led the reserves in minutes played.
    1. Dante, Malik, Armoni, Cobo, Willem
    2. Cobo
    3a. 3 -- eight-man rotation

And 3b is the impossible part...also, the long-timers might burn the board down when they hear the answer

Comment

1. Dante, Malik, Armoni, Cobo, Willem
      2. Cobo
      3a. 3 -- eight-man rotation

And 3b is the impossible part...also, the long-timers might burn the board down when they hear the answer

What's with the riddles?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        What's with the riddles?
        This board gets a little fiery when walk-ons like Greg Bearer play extended minutes. But, perhaps that was just a one-game thing. We'll find out tonight. Here's hoping it will be competitive through at least two media timeouts.

Comment

This board gets a little fiery when walk-ons like Greg Bearer play extended minutes. But, perhaps that was just a one-game thing. We'll find out tonight. Here's hoping it will be competitive through at least two media timeouts.
          You positive Greg is a walk-on? He's no slouch. I thought he was a scholarship recruit 3 years ago (before taking the last two off). Nice size for a guard.

I know Joe thought very high of him coming out of Kiski Prep.

What was surprising was the starting lineup. Earlier Joe had said he was going with the big lineup. Of course he said that when Keyes was around.

With Ulrich redshirting it's probably risky to play all three bigs at the same time in case of foul trouble.

Comment

You positive Greg is a walk-on? He's no slouch. I thought he was a scholarship recruit 3 years ago (before taking the last two off). Nice size for a guard.

I know Joe thought very high of him coming out of Kiski Prep.

What was surprising was the starting lineup. Earlier Joe had said he was going with the big lineup. Of course he said that when Keyes was around.

With Ulrich redshirting it's probably risky to play all three bigs at the same time in case of foul trouble.
            Why is it risky? A big gets in foul trouble then you go to Humphries or go to the three guard look.

Comment

I was doing some spot reading last night regarding the Bedford County Hall of Fame and came across the name of former IUP player Chuck Collins. Does anyone remember him? He was a standout hoops player from Tussey Mountain High School who graduated in 1982. Perhaps some area fans recall that it was Tussey Mountain who ended a great season for the 1981-82 Saltsburg Trojans in the district playoffs in March of 1982. The Trojans were led by such luminaries as Jeff Fulton (now a heart surgeon), Joe Stevenson, Todd Brosko, Glenn Richards, and Jeff Clawson.

Anyways, Collins was considered a D-I post by some but came to IUP for a few years before transferring to Waynesburg. Later he became a high school basketball coach down in Virginia. Rather sadly and shockingly to me---he passed away in 1997 after a bout with Leukemia. I thought that I would just share that with the board readership and forum members.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                Why is it risky? A big gets in foul trouble then you go to Humphries or go to the three guard look.
                Yeah, that's true. Who knows. Maybe the notion was considered but they've determined Armoni needs to be on the floor more. That would have been a major philosophical change to Joe's system. It could have just been the team they were playing and the match-ups.

In the team photo ... I think Chuckie is standing on a bucket. Just sayin'

Comment

Yeah, that's true. Who knows. Maybe the notion was considered but they've determined Armoni needs to be on the floor more. That would have been a major philosophical change to Joe's system. It could have just been the team they were playing and the match-ups.

In the team photo ... I think Chuckie is standing on a bucket. Just sayin'
                  Maybe with the normal 3 guards they are a lot faster to run the whole floor. I'm not sure the speed of Kri but I do know Willem and Cobo don't light up the radar gun.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                    Maybe with the normal 3 guards they are a lot faster to run the whole floor. I'm not sure the speed of Kri but I do know Willem and Cobo don't light up the radar gun.
                    It's a nice luxury. Nights you play an SRU you can go with the big lineup. Other nights the guard lineup.

IUP starts at 7 p.m. tonight and Pitt kicks off at 7:30 p.m.

Not a bad night.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      It's a nice luxury. Nights you play an SRU you can go with the big lineup. Other nights the guard lineup.

Not a bad night.

Comment

• Comment

The football board was atrocious this year. Between Homer/IUP haters and the IUP "fans" that fed into that BS I just couldn't take it. I really felt surrounded by the immature middle school kids I teach. Frustrating!!! I'm ready for basketball. Far better talk here!

Comment

Not a bad night.

Comment

On StubHub right now, the best available single ticket for Rupp Arena is in the upper deck...for $23.

Comment

Call it 5.5 ... I think IUP Crimson Hawks went rogue on us. Lol.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X