That move was unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• Re: Iup basketball

Duke is going to kill them Tuesday

Comment

Two dust-ups .... like it. Not backing down.

Comment

Whatever the final ends up being ... this was a game with 6 mins left.

Comment

• Comment

Calipari pressed the final minute.

Lol ... didn't want that close score on board.

Comment

• Comment

1) Willem/Cobo looked fantastic.
                    2) Dante looked good other than some bad three point looks.
                    3) Malik is impressive.
                    4) Armoni will be a large part of this once he's more comfortable.
                    5) Marko looked lost.
                    6) Greg Bearer... what? why? where the heck was he hiding? He can shoot and he's very serviceable off the bench.
                    7) Didn't get enough look at Chuckie to see what he can do. He looked athletic as heck on the one drive to the hoop.
                    8) The Dante hook is kind of the point the game got away.

This team is very talented and gritty. A lot of potential! They made Kentucky and their fans very nervous for awhile. Taking the #2 team in the country for a 34 minute run is huge for recruiting purposes too. I liked what I saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                      1) Willem/Cobo looked fantastic.
                      2) Dante looked good other than some bad three point looks.
                      3) Malik is impressive.
                      4) Armoni will be a large part of this once he's more comfortable.
                      5) Marko looked lost.
                      6) Greg Bearer... what? why? where the heck was he hiding? He can shoot and he's very serviceable off the bench.
                      7) Didn't get enough look at Chuckie to see what he can do. He looked athletic as heck on the one drive to the hoop.
                      8) The Dante hook is kind of the point the game got away.

This team is very talented and gritty. A lot of potential! They made Kentucky and their fans very nervous for awhile. Taking the #2 team in the country for a 34 minute run is huge for recruiting purposes too. I liked what I saw.

Comment

That was Marko and Armoni's first live game in two years. I'd call it being in Rupp and welcome back moment.

Marko had some nice boards. In D2 games he'll be able to take them straight up and dunk. Last night he was getting swatted by monsters.

His minutes and role will keep increasing as the weeks go on.

I'd guess the same with Chuckie Humphries. That was a tough match-up for him. The 6'5" forward can work in D2. Not against UK.

I watched the playback last night. When they got within 8 with about 7 minutes to go ... those back-to-back empty possessions killed them.

The toughness really stood out to me ... and that is something that has been missing. I don't mean Ayron Hutton running his mouth the past two years but they played with an actual pressense last night.

Calipari had a great press conference after the game.

I posted the other day about Willem. He delivered last night. He can really thrive this year being the 'forgotten' guy on the floor. With the attention Cobo requires Willem can really be sneaky good.

They won't see anybody the size of Reid again this year.

Comment

Great quotes from Joe and Calipari toward the end of article:

https://www.nkytribune.com/2018/11/c...ion-encounter/

Comment

The field trip to Kentucky is over. Things are about to get real.

This opening weekend and the following week (Bowie State) presents a daunting start. All three (Concord, Virginia State and Bowie) are at the KCAC.

What are you guys thinking here ... 3-0, 2-1, 1-2, 0-3, ...

A little advanced scouting:

Concord hasn't played an official exhibition. IUP will have a tremendous size advantage in this game -- for whatever that's worth. That's not uncommon against MEC teams and Concord is built to play fast. Obviously everybody knows about the Tommy Bolte show. It's imperative Malik Miller stays out of foul trouble in this game. Concord will use Bolte to drive the hole all night -- and he's tremendous at it. Once that is flowing he will kick out to open shooters. They will launch the treys all night. This is going to be a very entertaining game.

Virginia State has played two exhibitions -- defeating Randolph-Macon (75-67) and losing to Norfolk State (77-70). Former Cal player Howze didn't appear in either box score. Their other former Vulcan (Richardson) played about 6 minutes (combined). As expected, VSU ran a pretty deep bench in both games.

Bowie State has played one exhibition -- losing to Providence, 83-55. It was close at the half but the Friars had a huge final 20 minutes. Essentially, every IUP vs Bowie State game ends up being a thriller so I'd expect the normal outcome.

Comment

Ethan Porterfield (6'8", 210 lbs) -- 2019 power forward from Sharon (PA) High School -- has committed to IUP.

He averaged 18 ppg and 9 rpg last year as a junior (team captain).

He fits the mold of the 'modern' IUP big man ... nice shot from the outside and runs the floor very well.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                The field trip to Kentucky is over. Things are about to get real.

This opening weekend and the following week (Bowie State) presents a daunting start. All three (Concord, Virginia State and Bowie) are at the KCAC.

What are you guys thinking here ... 3-0, 2-1, 1-2, 0-3, ...

A little advanced scouting:

Concord hasn't played an official exhibition. IUP will have a tremendous size advantage in this game -- for whatever that's worth. That's not uncommon against MEC teams and Concord is built to play fast. Obviously everybody knows about the Tommy Bolte show. It's imperative Malik Miller stays out of foul trouble in this game. Concord will use Bolte to drive the hole all night -- and he's tremendous at it. Once that is flowing he will kick out to open shooters. They will launch the treys all night. This is going to be a very entertaining game.

Virginia State has played two exhibitions -- defeating Randolph-Macon (75-67) and losing to Norfolk State (77-70). Former Cal player Howze didn't appear in either box score. Their other former Vulcan (Richardson) played about 6 minutes (combined). As expected, VSU ran a pretty deep bench in both games.

Bowie State has played one exhibition -- losing to Providence, 83-55. It was close at the half but the Friars had a huge final 20 minutes. Essentially, every IUP vs Bowie State game ends up being a thriller so I'd expect the normal outcome.
                                After seeing the Kentucky game, I think IUP being 3-0 to start isn't far fetched. IUP will need more from the bench this weekend is the only thing that could trouble them. I think the bench will be better with not having to go through 7 foot sequoia's.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X