Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    What does the Flock of Joe thing about this Bearer and Armoni rotation?

I'm not sure how much longer Armoni can play limited minutes. Bearer is a great addition. Don't get me wrong. But, Armoni may be pretty special.

Comment

What does the Flock of Joe thing about this Bearer and Armoni rotation?

I'm not sure how much longer Armoni can play limited minutes. Bearer is a great addition. Don't get me wrong. But, Armoni may be pretty special.
      The rotation is fine. Bearer is putting up some solid minutes and saving Armoni's legs. It's a long season boys!!! You need depth!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        The rotation is fine. Bearer is putting up some solid minutes and saving Armoni's legs. It's a long season boys!!! You need depth!!!
        I've grown comfortable with 6 guys .... playing 8-9 is making me nervous. Lol.

Armoni is 19 ... he could probably play a doubleheader. (Must be nice)

Comment

I've grown comfortable with 6 guys .... playing 8-9 is making me nervous. Lol.

Armoni is 19 ... he could probably play a doubleheader. (Must be nice)
          The PSAC is a grind, depth is needed no matter what the age. I'm more worried about Marko and Chucky when they are in the line up than Bearer.

Comment

The PSAC is a grind, depth is needed no matter what the age. I'm more worried about Marko and Chucky when they are in the line up than Bearer.
            I think Chuck nailed it. Bearer eventually becomes the jack of all trades, super utility guard.

I was actually seeing Armoni as a way to get Dante off the court some. He can't do this 38.5 mpg stuff again all year. Although, he just did this weekend.

When Dante is having one of those games like he did against VSU .... hard as it may be Joe has to sit him for a bit. Refocus and take a breath. It also gives them a different look on D. VSU was popping treys on Dante most of the game. Other years he had no choice but to ride him out on those nights. He doesn't need to run him ragged for 40 minutes now. His productivity goes way down.

Bearer is a nice luxury they haven't had for a couple years.

Comment

What a shame it is that there is no video for tonights game. ugh!!!

Comment

What a shame it is that there is no video for tonights game. ugh!!!
                Keep checking. Sometimes they don't add the link until later in the day.

The ladies are home tonight, too, so I'd be shocked if there isn't.

Comment

What's Bowie have this year?

Comment

Bowie started 0-2 with loses to Charleston (89-75) and Glenville State (118-111).

Looks like a standard Bowie team. Athletic. Big.

They are playing a 7-man rotation -- different high-scorers in each game. Six of the seven guys averaging in double figures.

Glenville jumped all over them with a hot-shooting first half (up 15 at half). Bowie made a big run and the game was within 3 points with 30 seconds to play.

I wouldn't read too much in to the 0-2 record. They are always tough -- and a thorn to IUP for whatever reason. They have very quick guards -- which tend to speed up Dante.

Joe is 5-2 career against them -- including two straight wins.

Lot of new faces debuted this past weekend so I'd expect to see some improvement tonight as that was their first game action together.

Darrell Brooks is a very good coach. Don't expect anything easy tonight. He's won in the KCAC before (2015-16) -- a game I'll never forget. IUP was up 23 in the first half and lost the game.

Comment

The Penn perspective: https://www.thepenn.org/sports/men-s...78f2db038.html

Cobo says anyone can score 20 with this team. He's not wrong.

Comment

• No feed tonight. Bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Final

IUP 78
                          Bowie 65

Not a work of art but a nice win.

The ladies laid it on Bloom pretty good.

Comment

Final

IUP 78
                            Bowie 65

Not a work of art but a nice win.

The ladies laid it on Bloom pretty good.
                            What a waste!!! I could only get the stat tracker. The radio feed was "blacked out."

Comment

I'd chalk this up to a hangover performance but they were good enough. Got blasted on the boards -- the offensive boards in particular.

Every time Bowie got close IUP was hitting some clutch treys. Bearer had a huge one in the second half and Marko hit one, too.

Marko is getting closer. Can't make a layup but has a beautiful shot. Joe's going to cut him loose some. He's not a banger. He can be a floor spreader, however.

It was one of those games where you could plow somebody linebacker style with no call but breathe on somebody and whistles blew.

I say it yearly: Blows my mind why Bowie doesn't press all 40 minutes. Every run they had came during their press. They also hit the glass hard.

Nice win on a so-so night. They won't all be works of art.

Cobo went for 25 and 13.
                              Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-14-2018, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                I'd chalk this up to a hangover performance but they were good enough. Got blasted on the boards -- the offensive boards in particular.

Every time Bowie got close IUP was hitting some clutch treys. Bearer had a huge one in the second half and Marko hit one, too.

Marko is getting closer. Can't make a layup but has a beautiful shot. Joe's going to cut him loose some. He's not a banger. He can be a floor spreader, however.

It was one of those games where you could plow somebody linebacker style with no call but breathe on somebody and whistles blew.

I say it yearly: Blows my mind why Bowie doesn't press all 40 minutes. Every run they had came during their press. They also hit the glass hard.

Nice win on a so-so night. They won't all be works of art.

Cobo went for 25 and 13.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X