Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

U of Sciences gave Kutztown all it could handle tonight. Looks like that won't be the easy we game we thought next Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      U of Sciences gave Kutztown all it could handle tonight. Looks like that won't be the easy we game we thought next Friday night.
      OR Maybe Kutztown isn't as good as advertised. hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        OR Maybe Kutztown isn't as good as advertised. hmmmmm
        Control Anthony Lee and control Kutztown.

Comment

Control Anthony Lee and control Kutztown.
          That's what I figured. IUP and Joe have the horses to do that. Let's get through Westminster and Sciences first. Westminster could be a good game to get Chucky and Marko rolling!!! Marko got a good taste yesterday with Willem in foul trouble but we need more from Chucky!!!

Comment

That's what I figured. IUP and Joe have the horses to do that. Let's get through Westminster and Sciences first. Westminster could be a good game to get Chucky and Marko rolling!!! Marko got a good taste yesterday with Willem in foul trouble but we need more from Chucky!!!
            Not sure what to make of Humphries so far ... haven't seen too much of him. He's right in that weird size for D2 ... kind of too small to play underneath and probably not up to the guard level to make the switch. That said you can't take much out of seeing a guy play 4-5 mpg. We all know Joe historically likes to break these new guys in at a snails pace.

I will say from observing both him and Marko it is very apparent they aren't just 'playing' yet. They are 'thinking' way too much.

I wish you could have seen Marko drain that three last night. Talk about form ... guy looked like Larry Bird. Guys around me where all like 'WTF' ... I've seen him shoot two foul shots and a deep trey ... he hasn't touched the rim yet. All net. When that gets cut loose ... look out. Have fun defending a 6'10" guy nailing treys while Cobo is underneath and Malik is slicing and dicing.

Comment

What a waste!!! I could only get the stat tracker. The radio feed was "blacked out."

Comment

Not sure what to make of Humphries so far ... haven't seen too much of him. He's right in that weird size for D2 ... kind of too small to play underneath and probably not up to the guard level to make the switch. That said you can't take much out of seeing a guy play 4-5 mpg. We all know Joe historically likes to break these new guys in at a snails pace.

I will say from observing both him and Marko it is very apparent they aren't just 'playing' yet. They are 'thinking' way too much.

I wish you could have seen Marko drain that three last night. Talk about form ... guy looked like Larry Bird. Guys around me where all like 'WTF' ... I've seen him shoot two foul shots and a deep trey ... he hasn't touched the rim yet. All net. When that gets cut loose ... look out. Have fun defending a 6'10" guy nailing treys while Cobo is underneath and Malik is slicing and dicing.
                Scouting Marko I knew he could shoot. He shoots during warm ups also and looks good. I said to my girl friend on Saturday that I can't wait to see that kid start bombing it from outside. We got a sample yesterday!

Comment

KJ Rhodes of IMG Academy has committed to IUP.

Comment

KJ Rhodes of IMG Academy has committed to IUP.
                    Wow ... thought he signed with Arizona State?

Comment

Wow ... thought he signed with Arizona State?

Comment

From memory I believe he is a Pittsburgh local (Montour High School, maybe). I thought once he decided to do the post-grad year at IMG he was gone from our radar. He is a big SG -- around 6'5" to 6'6".

That's an awesome land. Playing a year at IMG is essentially playing with college kids. He'll be a full year removed from high school -- when they go from skinny dorks to more physically developed, etc.

That's two down for next year's class.

Comment

From memory I believe he is a Pittsburgh local (Montour High School, maybe). I thought once he decided to do the post-grad year at IMG he was gone from our radar. He is a big SG -- around 6'5" to 6'6".

That's an awesome land. Playing a year at IMG is essentially playing with college kids. He'll be a full year removed from high school -- when they go from skinny dorks to more physically developed, etc.

That's two down for next year's class.
                          You nailed it on all accounts. The kid should step in and give big minutes right away as the three I would think.

Comment

You nailed it on all accounts. The kid should step in and give big minutes right away as the three I would think.
                            I guess I missed one for next year's class ... the infamous Dom Keyes. Per several in the know, he is re-joining the program.

Comment

I guess I missed one for next year's class ... the infamous Dom Keyes. Per several in the know, he is re-joining the program.
                              Great point! IUP will need to add the bigs too. Ullrich, Keyes, Porterfield (needs to bulk up).

Comment

Great point! IUP will need to add the bigs too. Ullrich, Keyes, Porterfield (needs to bulk up).
                                Chucky will be in there, too. They'll also need a transfer big.

Strange day ... no football or basketball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X