Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The Dallis signing went (IUP) Twitter official today.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You mean 2023. Joe will redshirt him. Lol.
    Funny but could be true! Lol

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    You mean 2023. Joe will redshirt him. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

I guess my point is I don't understand why someone would commit to a partial DII scholarship offer the summer before their senior year of high school. Doesn't make sense if you have Division I recruitment, regardless of whether those offers are legitimate and committable. You have almost a whole recruiting cycle remaining until you enroll, especially for high level Division II.

Leave a comment:

• IUPHawks24
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Not necessarily scholarship though. At this stage in the game, sometimes PWO are listed as "offers". There are 13 full scholarships but 15 roster spots. Who knows - its not public knowledge unless someone talks.

But I think family being within driving distance of nearly all games is a big deal and for the most part says he's concerned with things more than just playing D1 basketball. Plus he could potentially play for a championship at IUP - that's not happening at any of those other schools. Bus rides to Slippery Rock or Gannon with mom waiting in the stands are probably a lot better than a bus ride to Holy Cross or Illinois State.
    I guess my point is I don't understand why someone would commit to a partial DII scholarship offer the summer before their senior year of high school. Doesn't make sense if you have Division I recruitment, regardless of whether those offers are legitimate and committable. You have almost a whole recruiting cycle remaining until you enroll, especially for high level Division II.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

Has to be a full ride, no? All the Division I's would be full rides, so can't imagine he made a choice to pay for school. Couple of those offers are strong. Nice get for IUP.
    Not necessarily scholarship though. At this stage in the game, sometimes PWO are listed as "offers". There are 13 full scholarships but 15 roster spots. Who knows - its not public knowledge unless someone talks.

But I think family being within driving distance of nearly all games is a big deal and for the most part says he's concerned with things more than just playing D1 basketball. Plus he could potentially play for a championship at IUP - that's not happening at any of those other schools. Bus rides to Slippery Rock or Gannon with mom waiting in the stands are probably a lot better than a bus ride to Holy Cross or Illinois State.

Leave a comment:

• IUPHawks24
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Of those programs only YSU is within driving distance for family to attend games as often as they'd like plus additional road games at Cal, SRU, Seton Hill, etc. Probably a free ride too just like the others or maybe not. Who knows. He's a great get. Plays on a pretty strong AAU team too.
    Has to be a full ride, no? All the Division I's would be full rides, so can't imagine he made a choice to pay for school. Couple of those offers are strong. Nice get for IUP.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Joe must have laid the charm on Waldo. He picked IUP over Youngstown State, Lehigh and UNC Wilmington. Fairmont State also offered.
    Of those programs only YSU is within driving distance for family to attend games as often as they'd like plus additional road games at Cal, SRU, Seton Hill, etc. Probably a free ride too just like the others or maybe not. Who knows. He's a great get. Plays on a pretty strong AAU team too.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Joe must have laid the charm on Waldo. He picked IUP over Youngstown State, Lehigh and UNC Wilmington. Fairmont State also offered.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    We have a marquee non-conference game scheduled.

Virginia State will visit the KCAC on Saturday, Nov. 27.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    IUP has offered Dolan Waldo (Bethel Park - Class of '22) after his recent visit.

He's a 6'7" (and growing) do-it-all forward who plays with a chip on his shoulders. Not sure if they'll get him ... his stock is rising fast ... possibly a D1 guy by next Fall.

Very rare for Joe to offer somebody this early.
    So the question on signing day will be: "Where's Waldo?"

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP has offered Dolan Waldo (Bethel Park - Class of '22) after his recent visit.

He's a 6'7" (and growing) do-it-all forward who plays with a chip on his shoulders. Not sure if they'll get him ... his stock is rising fast ... possibly a D1 guy by next Fall.

Very rare for Joe to offer somebody this early.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP is again hosting its Tip-Off Tournament this year. Looks like things will get started on Friday night, Nov. 12 and again the next night.

IUP will also host its annual Thanksgiving Tournament on Sat. Nov. 27 and Sun. Nov. 28.

UPJ, as usual, will play in both although obviously not against IUP. The guests for the two tournaments are TBA.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    He looks like a Joe-type guard -- big, quick, good shooter and actually plays defense.

I think Benton is retiring. He just graduated. I still think there will be one more add (transfer).

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    IUP has signed 6'4" PG/SG Dallis Dillard out of the Bronx, NY.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X