X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Kind of like the Cal QB a few years ago that was caught shoplifting. Quached until after the season. Wouldnt want it made public while there were still games to win!!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Wouldn't be the first time.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    So, he put a Snickers bar in his pocket ... likely in a drunken stupor after the Mercyhurst loss.

Pay the bill. It's not going any further and will get dropped in the courts. Take a look at some of IUP's biggest donors. I'll leave it at that.

Tony C. has to pull some weight. This crap should never hit the local media.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

So, he put a Snickers bar in his pocket ... likely in a drunken stupor after the Mercyhurst loss.

Pay the bill. It's not going any further and will get dropped in the courts. Take a look at some of IUP's biggest donors. I'll leave it at that.

Tony C. has to pull some weight. This crap should never hit the local media.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    No disrespect to you at all, Eye of the Hawk, but I really feel that is inappropriate to put that on here. I think that it's best to just stay out of the coaches and players personal lives. I understand why you would post it but a young man just made a mistake. Not felony worthy and no one's life was endangered. Apologize for my comments. You have always been a good dude. Just don't think that should be on here, that's all. I just don't feel comfortable with that type of discourse. Maybe I'm in the minority here on the matter.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Need context. What is the date on the newspaper?
    Some things don't need posted. Just sayin'

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
    Seventh Street Sheetz strikes again. (I just looked it up on Google Maps and it's actually listed as 768 Wayne Ave. Maybe it changed mailing addresses when it got rebuilt.)
    F-ing idiot. The 'friends of the program' would buy these clowns whatever they need.

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied

Seventh Street Sheetz strikes again. (I just looked it up on Google Maps and it's actually listed as 768 Wayne Ave. Maybe it changed mailing addresses when it got rebuilt.)

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Need context. What is the date on the newspaper?

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

No disrespect to you at all, Eye of the Hawk, but I really feel that is inappropriate to put that on here. I think that it's best to just stay out of the coaches and players personal lives. I understand why you would post it but a young man just made a mistake. Not felony worthy and no one's life was endangered. Apologize for my comments. You have always been a good dude. Just don't think that should be on here, that's all. I just don't feel comfortable with that type of discourse. Maybe I'm in the minority here on the matter.

-

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 03-21-2019, 06:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Yeah ... it was ... lively in there last night. It actually felt like a college basketball game.

My post the other day mentioned the crowd being too spread out inside the KCAC. Last night was the opposite. You saw the Mercyhurst students right on the floor (and not buried in the corner). That was a huge change.

I told myself all day I didn't want to go but ended up going. Glad I did.

I'll say this for whatever it's worth: Best atmosphere at IUP this whole year, by far, was the win over Shippensburg in the Field House. Not. Even. Close.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

The big gate this year for Seton Hill was IUP Employee Night at the KCAC -- any employee of the university got in free (with stacks of free tickets being handed out for their family members as well). Ironically, that was the biggest -- yet second worst -- crowd of the year. It was so dull in there that night. It wasn't a basketball crowd -- put it that way. The NCAA loss to Mercyhurst was probably the worst -- although they had nothing to cheer about. But, as Chuck said, just the actual turnout was tremendously disappointing.

It's a good yearly topic for us to yap about when the season ends but nothing is going to change. The fear is ... 60 percent of that regular crowd is getting older by the day.

The league isn't done any favors, either, by the PASSHE holiday break lasting for an eternity. Add to it IUP also hosts that yearly weekend tournament over Thanksgiving break. Two more games to throw away attendance-wise.

IUP has an extremely loyal core group. They could play at 2 a.m. and they'd get the same 1,100 fans. Problem is the arena seats upward of 4,000.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    But like me and IUPBigIndians always laugh about----what was the actual PAID attendance for those games. LOL. Students would inflate the numbers some but so would churches and community organizations passing out scores of free tickets. Yes, this sort of thing does happen.

And like I said----the $12 to get in the door for the tourney event actually wasn't that bad considering usual pricing for the KCAC. You're correct---lots of games and not to mention quality teams.

My point is simply that the KCAC has alienated countless numbers of folks from around the area. Remember that one time we figured it out on this forum that for a family of four to attend a regular season game at the KCAC could cost in excess of $100+. Most local yocals are not interested in that.

-

The big gate this year for Seton Hill was IUP Employee Night at the KCAC -- any employee of the university got in free (with stacks of free tickets being handed out for their family members as well). Ironically, that was the biggest -- yet second worst -- crowd of the year. It was so dull in there that night. It wasn't a basketball crowd -- put it that way. The NCAA loss to Mercyhurst was probably the worst -- although they had nothing to cheer about. But, as Chuck said, just the actual turnout was tremendously disappointing.

It's a good yearly topic for us to yap about when the season ends but nothing is going to change. The fear is ... 60 percent of that regular crowd is getting older by the day.

The league isn't done any favors, either, by the PASSHE holiday break lasting for an eternity. Add to it IUP also hosts that yearly weekend tournament over Thanksgiving break. Two more games to throw away attendance-wise.

IUP has an extremely loyal core group. They could play at 2 a.m. and they'd get the same 1,100 fans. Problem is the arena seats upward of 4,000.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X