Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

I see Malik as the star in waiting. My personal opinion is red-shirt all freshmen unless they are of the very rare variety or you have no choice.

Malik has that size and speed that's pretty rare for a D2 guard. He's got a little chippiness to him, too, that didn't start to show until late last year. A year in now I'd expect to see him be the defensive stopper this year amongst the guards. True freshmen play very timid and think too much. Think back to Dante and even Cobo. That should be behind him now. Once he cuts loose he's going to be a big-time player.

His feisty demeanor off the bench sparked that comeback in the PSAC game against Ship.

Hutton is the wildcard. His minutes went to the tank as the season wore on last year. He can play ... just didn't have much of a role. He's a good defender.

I'd still prefer Glover at PG and Dante at SG.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 09-09-2017, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Who's in your starting five for the IUP men?

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
        Who's in your starting five for the IUP men?
        I honestly think it will be a match up thing. Dante, Glover and Cobo then the other two I think will depend on the team they are playing.

Comment

Nice problem to have ...

Comment

It was in this afternoon's local edition that former IUP WBB player Marita Mathe has been named as a college assistant coach. And just because I can't recall the name of the school does not mean that I am lying. I believe it is in Virginia. I thought she had a fat job with some insurance company or something. Best of luck to her and great to hear that she is getting back in the game.

-

Comment

Along that front the women's roster posted.

Tom's got a loaded hand ... it may be a roster good enough to win the last game of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Along that front the women's roster posted.

Tom's got a loaded hand ... it may be a roster good enough to win the last game of the season.
                Looks like pretty much the same rooster as last season with the addition of Oduho. I believe that Courtney Storm is no longer on the rooster.

It would be really cool if the IUP gals could host the PSAC and Atlantic Region come next March at the KCAC. That would be very exciting for the community.

-

Comment

It was in this afternoon's local edition that former IUP WBB player Marita Mathe has been named as a college assistant coach. And just because I can't recall the name of the school does not mean that I am lying. I believe it is in Virginia. I thought she had a fat job with some insurance company or something. Best of luck to her and great to hear that she is getting back in the game.

-
                  That is great to have her back in the game! She did attend that coaching convention her senior year at the D1 final four. I remember watching her play and was always impressed with her PG position. I read in an article on the colleges website that she is still currently employed with that insurance company plus this college coaching gig. Good for her.

Comment

Both the IUP and Fairmont State web sites are now showing the game in Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by bball15 View Post
                      That is great to have her back in the game! She did attend that coaching convention her senior year at the D1 final four. I remember watching her play and was always impressed with her PG position. I read in an article on the colleges website that she is still currently employed with that insurance company plus this college coaching gig. Good for her.
                      Do you remember the name of the school she is coaching at? I'm drawing a blank on it----was it something like Falling Water?? But I don't think that is a school.

Comment

Do you remember the name of the school she is coaching at? I'm drawing a blank on it----was it something like Falling Water?? But I don't think that is a school.
                        It is called Bridgewater college. http://www.bridgewatereagles.com/sports/wbkb/index

Comment

Originally posted by bball15 View Post
                          It is called Bridgewater college. http://www.bridgewatereagles.com/sports/wbkb/index
                          Thanks for the info. Certainly I recognize Brittany Batts of Gannon WBB fame.

I wonder how many former IUP gals players are currently in coaching? I would have to think on that one.

-

Comment

Preview of the finalized roster in the Gazette today. Dom Keyes is a redshirt candidate, the non con schedule is brutal which we knew already and some other pretty interesting nuggets. Street & Smith's has them pegged at #3 in their preseason poll. Joe's not hiding the fact that he expects this team to be very good. Should be exciting. The Small College Classic will be here before we know it.

Comment

That's surprising about Keyes. I'll be shocked if it happens.

When you dive in to that non-conference schedule ... it's for real.

Findlay: 25-7 last year and whole core returns

Ferris: 28-5 last year and traditional power

Urbana: blah

VA State: 22-6 last year ... ultra athletic ... certainly an upgrade over our typical tournament invitees

(at) Bowie: Defending CIAA champion ... always a tough game

The Sciences: cupcake

Fairmont State: Played in NC last year ... new coach and lost a lot of studs ... has a lot returning. Wherever the game actually is ... won't be easy.

Crossover:

(at) West Chester: Damien Blair has won last two versus Joe
                              ESU: Always tough
                              Bloom: TBA ... Christian Mortellite makes it rain when he plays IUP
                              Lock Haven: Joe says they have best player in the PSAC
                              (at) Cheyney:
                              (at) Mansfield: Played IUP tough last year for 35 minutes

Comment

Joe is a pretty strict adherer to the 8 man rotation and in the article he even makes mention of the "eight guys who will play" so I'd say it's likely Keyes is the odd man out. Who among us thought Danielak was going to sit a year when that signing became known?

That schedule is just....wow. Makes the one they played Norfleet's senior year look like a cakewalk.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X