Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

He (Keyes) had so many offers ... I hope if that is the case he stays positive. Sitting as a freshman is one thing ... Sitting out as a junior would really be tough.

If anything he gives a real nice insurance policy if somebody would get injured.

That 2015 team ... still bothers me. That's the ultimate 20-20 look back.

Comment

Finally got to read the article ... They must be pretty big on Jalen Vaughns.

Joe knows best, obviously. If Keyes would only get 10-12 minutes a game and he's willing to red-shirt ... sounds like the best path long term.

Comment

Yeah I guess it would depend a lot on just how aware Keyes was of the possibility. Vaughns kinda showed up on the roster out of nowhere. Was he a very late signing or did everybody involved just do a really good job of keeping it under wraps? If it's the former, that would be a tough pill to swallow for an upperclassman.

So if it all plays out this way I guess Danielak is back to the backup center role.

Comment

St. Francis went as far as including Vaughns in its recruit press release so he was definitely signed there coming out of National LOI Day. The word I've heard around town is half the team didn't even know about it until he showed up at a practice. Shortly after, Pittsburgh Basketball Report announced a late signing for St. Francis. Who knows what happened. I saw him down at the gym one night. I can tell you he's not a 'freshman' ... he's a house. I'd put him around 6'5" to 6'6", 220 lbs. Picture a much more athletic version of Daddy Ugbede. However it happened, Joe may have stole a big one there.

Joe mentioned Vaughns would play power forward with Cobo at small forward. Willem obviously replaces Cottrell. I guess you could make a case that Danielak can really play every post position in a hybrid role.

There's your four post players to go along with the four guards -- Dante, Glover, Malik and Hutton.

Anthony White (redshirt used already), Todd Fetsko (redshirt used already), Armoni Foster and Keyes round out the roster.

That's a tough call on Keyes. He can play and he's a tough guy ... gritty. But, ... that's why Joe makes the coin. He gets to make those decisions.

Comment

Anybody thinking about making the trip to Evansville?

That's a great two days of basketball ... four games per day.

Comment

http://www.gannonsports.com/news/201...ing-class.aspx

Comment

I see Daniel Sapp left Cal and is now at Gannon. Decent player.

I just hate to see inter-division transfers. I wish the PSAC would put an end to it happening. At the very least make them sit a year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  I see Daniel Sapp left Cal and is now at Gannon. Decent player.

I just hate to see inter-division transfers. I wish the PSAC would put an end to it happening. At the very least make them sit a year.
                  Most likely he'll end up in Reilly's doghouse by December. The biggest hole was replacing the point guard and small forward (Berger and Dogan)considering both averaged 35 minutes per game and combined for about 25 points per game. Not sure if this roster is improved over last year.

Comment

More shame for IUP's KCAC----did anybody catch anything on the Atlanta Falcons opening of their new stadium. Their owner made it a point to price hotdogs and soda at $2 a piece. Plus, I believe you even get free refills on the soda. Too bad the KCAC doesn't know how to treat their fans the same way.

Shame! Shame! Shame!

-

Comment

Lol. That and the $12 for football General Admission at Miller. Pair it with awful, overpriced concessions.

Yet they wonder why games like yesterday only drew an 'announced' 2,100.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Anybody thinking about making the trip to Evansville?

That's a great two days of basketball ... four games per day.

I've considered. That's a 5-6 hour drive from Columbus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It would be a nice weekend if you're really in to basketball - 8 high-quality games in 4 days. That's tough even for a die-hard but it would be quite entertaining. A lot of really good teams will be starting the season with losses.

Both of IUP's games are going to be very tough. It is an awfully long haul to get out there, though.

Here's an interesting topic: Pick which team goes the furthest this season: Tom, Joe or Tort. That's a tough one.

Comment

It would be a nice weekend if you're really in to basketball - 8 high-quality games in 4 days. That's tough even for a die-hard but it would be quite entertaining. A lot of really good teams will be starting the season with losses.

Both of IUP's games are going to be very tough. It is an awfully long haul to get out there, though.

Here's an interesting topic: Pick which team goes the furthest this season: Tom, Joe or Tort. That's a tough one.
                            Very tough. I see them all making it to the regional finals for their respective sports. Guess if I had to pick one at this point I'll go with Tort with his football team. But Joe has the proven track record and Irish Tom has a tough lineup that could make the Elite Eight if things fall right for them.

-

Comment

Joe's season is a little tough to predict until we see some of the new faces on the court. The Atlantic is going to be brutal this year. Ship and Wheeling Jesuit are going to be very strong. West Liberty will be in the mix. Even Notre Dame and Shepherd are going to be very good. Add to it the schedule they signed up for ... and I don't think you can expect them to get through the non-conference without a loss. Maybe two. The PSAC West will be better (it can't be much worse than last year). What I'm getting at is IUP will likely be going on the road for the regional (as usual). The PSAC Championship will also be in the East this year so it's highly likely a home game for Ship.

My men's preseason Atlantic rankings would probably be:
                              1. Wheeling Jesuit -- Two stars return and several complimentary pieces
                              2. Shippensburg -- Sleva is going to just dominate this year and may be the national player of the year
                              3. IUP -- Perhaps Joe's deepest team (ever?).
                              4. West Liberty -- Dan Monteroso is a real special player along with a solid core and some nice, new toys.

There may not be much difference between 1-4.

So, by virtue of having an easier path, my pick would be Tom. I really believe he has a roster capable of winning a national title this season. The whole roster can play heavy minutes (if that was possible). He has a combination of bigs who can play inside/outside and also some muscle. The guards are loaded and deep.

Football ... I don't see any D2 teams playing with Northwest Missouri State. I think they'd be a very, very strong 1-AA team.

Comment

My men's preseason Atlantic rankings would probably be:
                                1. Wheeling Jesuit -- Two stars return and several complimentary pieces
                                2. Shippensburg -- Sleva is going to just dominate this year and may be the national player of the year
                                3. IUP -- Perhaps Joe's deepest team (ever?).
                                4. West Liberty -- Dan Monteroso is a real special player along with a solid core and some nice, new toys.

There may not be much difference between 1-4.

On the top 4 in the Atlantic...
                                1. Shippensburg. By a hair over IUP. Sleva tipping the balance.
                                2. IUP. Tons of talent returing, and will be hardened by the early season non conf schedule.
                                3. Wheeling Jesuit. Return three stud seniors, but think departing senior Kyle Ritz will be missed...30 min / game, and was glue guy..screens, rebounds, tough defense..shot 56% from floor, 2nd leading rebounder...Preston Boswell will be huge. Mad that WL missed out on him...three more years of that cat.
                                4. West Liberty. Agreed they'll be solid. Add Monteroso to the list of recent 1st team AA from Hilltop. But they did lose a ton...Hoehn. Grossenbacher. Dennis. Guillozet. 4 really good players...But they're deep, and system will help. I think they'll be a better pressing team with Ben at the helm.
                                Next in line....Fairmont? West Chester? Kutztown? CIAA rep?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X