Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Slippery Rock is a dark horse. It will be standard ... they won't come out of the gate hot but will be a strong team by JAN.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
      On the top 4 in the Atlantic...
      Next in line....Fairmont? West Chester? Kutztown? CIAA rep?
      Further down the line but possibly capable of screwing up someone's season...CALU.

Comment

I picked Cal to finish 2nd in West. My reputation among the 4 people who read this basketball thread is on the line.

Reynolds teams ... when he has the right players ... are very dangerous late in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          I picked Cal to finish 2nd in West. My reputation among the 4 people who read this basketball thread is on the line.

Reynolds teams ... when he has the right players ... are very dangerous late in the season.
          Actually there are quite a few IUP fans who do read this----which leads me to my next rant. These people follow the program and go to the games and they read our musings/diatribes/rantings/analysis and then they can't even be bothered to participate in the discussion and promotion of the sport that they obviously must be very devoted to. Makes you kind of mad and fed up all at once to be honest. Personally, I've been posting about IUP sports since like late 2002/early 2003. Believe me I will not be doing it much longer as I am on my last leg of it. Thank Goodness for you IUPBigIndians and certainly a few others who make an effort to offer up some participation. You guys are winners in my book. I realize that other folks do a lot to support IUP sports in other ways. But I can tell rather easily who reads our little forum rather easily from the looks that I have gotten over the years. Would it really be that difficult to log on here and share your own thoughts and thus promoting the IUP product that much more?

I realize that I do not do nearly as much on this forum as I once did in years gone past---but at least I did make an effort to keep an iron in the fire to show some school spirit. I talked awhile back about how IUP has lost A LOT of great supporters over the past couple of years. This would be a great chance for some of you to get involved and do more for your school. And don't just log in for a few posts to promote your own end---but do it because you care and are interested in the present, the past and the future of IUP sports and the institution at large!

-

Comment

Cal to finish second is very bold!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
              Actually there are quite a few IUP fans who do read this----which leads me to my next rant. These people follow the program and go to the games and they read our musings/diatribes/rantings/analysis and then they can't even be bothered to participate in the discussion and promotion of the sport that they obviously must be very devoted to. Makes you kind of mad and fed up all at once to be honest. Personally, I've been posting about IUP sports since like late 2002/early 2003. Believe me I will not be doing it much longer as I am on my last leg of it. Thank Goodness for you IUPBigIndians and certainly a few others who make an effort to offer up some participation. You guys are winners in my book. I realize that other folks do a lot to support IUP sports in other ways. But I can tell rather easily who reads our little forum rather easily from the looks that I have gotten over the years. Would it really be that difficult to log on here and share your own thoughts and thus promoting the IUP product that much more?

I realize that I do not do nearly as much on this forum as I once did in years gone past---but at least I did make an effort to keep an iron in the fire to show some school spirit. I talked awhile back about how IUP has lost A LOT of great supporters over the past couple of years. This would be a great chance for some of you to get involved and do more for your school. And don't just log in for a few posts to promote your own end---but do it because you care and are interested in the present, the past and the future of IUP sports and the institution at large!

-
              Keep the posts coming!!! Keep up the fight like the rest of us! I've been doing this since this site started. It's a great way to keep the enthusiasm about D2 sports!!!

Comment

Rumor is IUP Crimson Hawks is out looking for a Lil Uzi Vert CD today !

Comment

Slippery Rock is a dark horse. It will be standard ... they won't come out of the gate hot but will be a strong team by JAN.
                  I haven't been able to confirm this, but I heard from the wife of a former SRU BB coach, that SRU has 6 guys on the roster that are 6-9 or bigger. As usual Kevin is waiting as long as he can to post his roster. Probably still brokering a deal or two.

It's always a crapshoot if his players come together but his team's that have good chemistry are tough to beat. Other ones have infighting and attitude problems and never add up to the sum of the parts.

Comment

The court system is slow.

Comment

http://iupathletics.com/news/2017/9/...americans.aspx

Comment

Street and Smith's Preseason Poll and Accolades:

IUP picked No. 3 behind Northwest Missouri State and Queens (NC). Ferris State is No. 9.

First Team All-American: Dan Monteroso (West Liberty) and Dustin Sleva (Shippensburg)

Honorable Mention: Will Vorhees (ND), Dante Lombardi and Cobo Diaz

Notable individual snubs: Wheeling Jesuit's Pat Moseh and Hayward Highsmith
                        Notable team snubs: Wheeling Jesuit and Ship -- neither in preseason Top 10. That's bad.

Comment

The men's team photo hit the web site today ... Willem is a big boy.

Slippery Rock is still the lone West team not to post a roster yet.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            Cal to finish second is very bold!!!
                            Last year with basically a pick-up squad, late hire of new coach in a very strong conference and region, the VULCANS came within 1 1/2 games of making the PSAC tourney. Lost to IUP 65-78 and 72-77. Lost to GANNON 88-93 OT and 67-74. I think better times are coming.

Comment

You could see it as the year went on last season. They were much better in mid-Jan and FEB. The new coach was a good hire. He needed a year to change the system. They will resemble an MEC team more and more with each class he signs -- obviously that's his background. The MEC plays such a different style -- up-tempo, athletic bigs, etc. IUP is built like an MEC team ... which is why they've mostly dominated the PSAC West the past decade.

He's a very good X's and O's guy. Tony Richardson is a big key but he needs to be in way better shape. He's a cast-off of the Bill Brown era in style but was just so winded playing that system last year that he was very ineffective by halftime. By default, McBride had to leave him out there because there was just nobody else. That will be different this year.

Now, how good will the second place team in the West be on a Regional level ... we'll see. The West was completely awful last year. It can't be any worse this season.

Gannon is a big question mark. They have a couple nice players left and will, as its norm, grind out some wins. Mercyhurst had its down year. Gary Manchel is a very good coach. I don't expect them to be down two straight seasons. Boro will be a one-man show again. UPJ will get some wins. Seton Hill could be the sleeper with Bogden coming back after missing last season. Clarion will be a JUCO team. Rock and Cal will battle for second. I'm taking Cal because McBride will have a more disciplined team.

Not that it matters, but the IUP/Cal game up here last year wasn't close. IUP was up by 25 or so with 3-4 minutes left and emptied the bench. Cal hit a bunch of treys to make it look better. Now, the one down there was a close game and was actually in doubt in the final minutes. Reference the above ... they got much better as the year went along.

Comment

You could see it as the year went on last season. They were much better in mid-Jan and FEB. The new coach was a good hire. He needed a year to change the system. They will resemble an MEC team more and more with each class he signs -- obviously that's his background. The MEC plays such a different style -- up-tempo, athletic bigs, etc. IUP is built like an MEC team ... which is why they've mostly dominated the PSAC West the past decade.

He's a very good X's and O's guy. Tony Richardson is a big key but he needs to be in way better shape. He's a cast-off of the Bill Brown era in style but was just so winded playing that system last year that he was very ineffective by halftime. By default, McBride had to leave him out there because there was just nobody else. That will be different this year.

Now, how good will the second place team in the West be on a Regional level ... we'll see. The West was completely awful last year. It can't be any worse this season.

Gannon is a big question mark. They have a couple nice players left and will, as its norm, grind out some wins. Mercyhurst had its down year. Gary Manchel is a very good coach. I don't expect them to be down two straight seasons. Boro will be a one-man show again. UPJ will get some wins. Seton Hill could be the sleeper with Bogden coming back after missing last season. Clarion will be a JUCO team. Rock and Cal will battle for second. I'm taking Cal because McBride will have a more disciplined team.

Not that it matters, but the IUP/Cal game up here last year wasn't close. IUP was up by 25 or so with 3-4 minutes left and emptied the bench. Cal hit a bunch of treys to make it look better. Now, the one down there was a close game and was actually in doubt in the final minutes. Reference the above ... they got much better as the year went along.
                                The key player for me is going to be RAMON CREIGHTON. Before he was hurt, he was averaging 17.1 ppg and really becoming the lead player MCBRIDE was looking for. If someone has to get hurt it likely is better it happen early to allow a lot of reconditioning time. Can't wait to see how the newbies fit into the scheme along with CREIGHTON and RICHARDSON.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X