Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Joe doesn’t speed this game up the IUP is dead.

Comment

• I did not watch today. What did I miss? Lol

Comment

• Speechless

Win is a win
        But ...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Speechless

Win is a win
          But ...
          Would love to get your analysis as I was only able to watch the 2nd half. Really looked like officiating helped IUP. Interestingly, it got so rough the head coach got a technical and they had to kick some Clarion students out.

I’m not sure what is going on with this team, but I’d prefer a more dominant performance going into the PSAC Tournament than what I’m seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post

Would love to get your analysis as I was only able to watch the 2nd half. Really looked like officiating helped IUP. Interestingly, it got so rough the head coach got a technical and they had to kick some Clarion students out.

I’m not sure what is going on with this team, but I’d prefer a more dominant performance going into the PSAC Tournament than what I’m seeing now.
            I'll need a day (and several beers) before attempting to analyze that whole spectacle.

Clarion did play insane for 30 minutes. Hats off.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Clarion played their best half of basketball. Hopefully they go back to being Clarion.
              Sounds as if you had about as "dominant" a performance as Ship did today. At least you didn't have to go OT like the Raiders did against Mansfield. This team is going to give Coach Fite and older fans such as me a collective heart attack before the season is over.

Comment

• There's two main discussions following this game:

A) They were dead in the water and down 14 in the second half against a 3-21 team
                - IUP looked as interested in warmups as a kid does with a math tutor

- IUP's trademark far too often under Joe is to play to the level of competition

- The offense is a trainwreck with no identity. They have morphed in to equal parts hot dog playground team, vanilla plays, horrendous shooting.
                B) They stayed composed and made a remarkable comeback (likely saving their top speed)

- When they ditch streetball, good things happen.

- Joe called off that worthless press

- Clarion finally cooled off

Both of these topics are pretty loaded.

But, we had fan ejections, technicals, a near brawl, ... Never a dull moment in Tippin. Clarion's bigs would have all been fouled out at halftime if that game was anywhere but Tippin.

Comment

• Frustrating to watch, yes. That said, championship quality teams find ways to win games like that and that’s what IUP did. A lot of great teams also play to the level of their competition. I think I make that complaint about every team I follow. Well, maybe except the Pirates because you hope their opponents play down to their level.

I think IUP has had enough of the regular season. They’ll get themselves up for the better teams (UPJ the other night), but sleepwalk through the others. They want to play for trophies at this point. That’s no excuse for unfocused play, but they are young adults and will sometimes approach things in young adult ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                    Frustrating to watch, yes. That said, championship quality teams find ways to win games like that and that’s what IUP did. A lot of great teams also play to the level of their competition. I think I make that complaint about every team I follow. Well, maybe except the Pirates because you hope their opponents play down to their level.

I think IUP has had enough of the regular season. They’ll get themselves up for the better teams (UPJ the other night), but sleepwalk through the others. They want to play for trophies at this point. That’s no excuse for unfocused play, but they are young adults and will sometimes approach things in young adult ways.
                    Bigger question may be how is Clarion 3-21?

They did that today without their 7-footer and without Jarmon.

Maybe they were on 25 Red Bulls but they played well.

Comment

Bigger question may be how is Clarion 3-21?

They did that today without their 7-footer and without Jarmon.

Maybe they were on 25 Red Bulls but they played well.
                      I think today was more about IUP than Clarion. If Clarion would have come in at 16-8, IUP would have played far better. And geez, there were some really trashy comments coming out of that Clarion crowd. I went back and watched it again and there was some embarrassing stuff there. Way to show your a$$ today Clarion, my goodness.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I think today was more about IUP than Clarion. If Clarion would have come in at 16-8, IUP would have played far better. And geez, there were some really trashy comments coming out of that Clarion crowd. I went back and watched it again and there was some embarrassing stuff there. Way to show your a$$ today Clarion, my goodness.
                        I heard “IUP - SUCKS” and “overrated” but can’t say I heard anything obscene. However, they did kick some students out, so they may have said something I couldn’t hear on the broadcast.

Was there something specific you could make out?

Comment

I heard “IUP - SUCKS” and “overrated” but can’t say I heard anything obscene. However, they did kick some students out, so they may have said something I couldn’t hear on the broadcast.

It was bad. I was there. They were screaming f-bombs all day.

I haven't seen a fan ejection in 30 years. Let alone 8 in one day.

To be fair, IUP travelled very well today. That 'IUP' chant really infuriates home crowds.

But, those ejected, were just scumbags. They should have been tossed during the women's game.
                          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-11-2023, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Well, a lot of heat was just taken off IUP. Thanks go out to Danny Sancomb. The Lakers' Twitter parade didn't last long.

Comment

Well, a lot of heat was just taken off IUP. Thanks go out to Danny Sancomb. The Lakers' Twitter parade didn't last long.
                              Nope, sure didn’t. And that’s why IUP is a great team and Mercyhurst isn’t. They got challenged and couldn’t take care of business. Great teams find a way even in the ugliest of circumstances. Hurst is good, but they aren’t going to win the PSAC and they aren’t getting out of the Regional. They had their one shining moment.

Comment

**** those Clarion students. IUP fans should have taunted them that their school is basically useless. It’s redundant and could be closed tomorrow and nobody would notice or care.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X