Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Did anybody pop in to the men's 'public' scrimmage prior to the football game this past Saturday?
    Didn't know they had one. Was it intrasquad?

Comment

The ladies play Notre Dame tonight in South Bend.

Comment

Iup women down 60-22 at halftime

Comment

Final 108-40.

Megan Smith didn't play. Not that ... you know. Just saying.

Comment

A couple bombshells in the Gazette today.

Dante and Cobo are both pretty banged up it sounds like.

Cobo has tendinitis in his right knee and it said he's practiced about two hours so far this year -- but looked very strong in the scrimmage. Joe said Cobo may only play in games this year and not practice.

Dante has a 'slight tear' in the meniscus in his right knee but will forgo surgery. The article stated he will count on rehab and lots of ice to get him through the season.

* Joe also said Cobo, Danielak and Brandwijk will start. Assume the other two are Dante and Glover. Big lineup. That brings Hutton and Malik off the bench.

* Jalen Vaughns has been identified as the 8th man but that may change as he settles in

* Sounds as if Foster and Keyes 'may' redshirt. I assume the 'may' part of Keyes is how Cobo holds up.

* Joe called this weekend the two toughest teams IUP has ever stared off with in its basketball history

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              A couple bombshells in the Gazette today.

Dante and Cobo are both pretty banged up it sounds like.

Cobo has tendinitis in his right knee and it said he's practiced about two hours so far this year -- but looked very strong in the scrimmage. Joe said Cobo may only play in games this year and not practice.

Dante has a 'slight tear' in the meniscus in his right knee but will forgo surgery. The article stated he will count on rehab and lots of ice to get him through the season.

* Joe also said Cobo, Danielak and Brandwijk will start. Assume the other two are Dante and Glover. Big lineup. That brings Hutton and Malik off the bench.

* Jalen Vaughns has been identified as the 8th man but that may change as he settles in

* Sounds as if Foster and Keyes 'may' redshirt. I assume the 'may' part of Keyes is how Cobo holds up.

* Joe called this weekend the two toughest teams IUP has ever stared off with in its basketball history
              Having only stretched my meniscus, I cannot conceive of running, jumping or doing ANY of the extreme stops, starts and turns required to play BB effectively at this level. Good luck to him, but I hope his drive to play doesn't end his outstanding career.

Comment

The downside of these national tournaments ... there's like 8 people in that big arena right now for the Ferris State game.

Comment

Probably the worst first half of the Joe era. They weren't ready for this game.

Comment

Never will understand the amount of wide open treys IUP gives up ...

Comment

Yikes! The defense looks terrible and the offense can't put the ball in the hoop. They've actually had some good looks on offense but defense... chickens with their heads cut off.

Comment

Well .... that's one way to start a season.

I'd say it can't get much worse but they play Ferris tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          Well .... that's one way to start a season.

I'd say it can't get much worse but they play Ferris tomorrow.

I think you said it earlier. They weren't ready to play that game. Evident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

20 TOs, 18% from three and completely lost on defense .... result pretty obvious.

Hopefully a different team shows up tomorrow.

Comment

IUP will be much better tomorrow. Will they win, I don't know but the first game is almost always the worst. Defensively they were horrid but offensively they just couldn't put the ball in the hoop with decent looks. Tomorrow will be better.

Comment

Some interesting quotes from Broadway Joe in the Gazette today.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X