Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iup basketball

Let's give the IUP gals some credit here for a nice 2-0 bounce back weekend after everyone was ready to disband the program last week. Appleby, Smith, and Wolosik sound like all-conference types. Robinson continues to inch her way to solid starter status. Frosh posts D'Anna and Griggs making good progress. Who knows maybe this does turn into a good team yet. Let's all keep an open mind and give them a chance.

Home-opener on tap for Wednesday morning at 11AM at the KCAC as the third edition of Education Day will be held.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      What is up with these PSAC East schools having no video feeds? Year after year. WCU does but .... time to get modern.
      East Stroudsburg, Millersville, Kutztown and Shippensburg had video feeds in the past, as did Lock Haven. It could be a lack of resources (ie. either funding or staffing) that's causing the lack of feeds in the East this year.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

So, this morning the IUP women beat Bowie, 82-43. Yes, the same Bowie team it lost to about 10 days ago, 49-45.

Tom's 0-2 start has become 3-2. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          So, this morning the IUP women beat Bowie, 82-43. Yes, the same Bowie team it lost to about 10 days ago, 49-45.

Tom's 0-2 start has become 3-2. Interesting.
          IUP women played very good this morning. A young team putting it together a little more each time they go out. There is potential here. They shot the lights out today, but you won't always do that. And they lost the rebound game -3.

Smith, Appleby, and Wolosik (I don't even know the first names) are as advertised= good ball players. Very quality trio.

Denman very workman-like and proficient with the ball. Much better player than the stat sheet would tell you.

If there was one new player I was excited to see it was D'Anna. Sizeable post who flashed some ability. 7-7 from the floor for 14 points.

Frosh Kerr and transfer Hollen both delivered a nice stat line. Kendall doled out five assists.

Keep an eye on this team. They are an evolving work in progress. There is hope for them to jell into a good unit. They are very obviously well-drilled.

-
          Last edited by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS; 11-23-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
            IUP women played very good this morning. A young team putting it together a little more each time they go out. There is potential here. They shot the lights out today, but you won't always do that. And they lost the rebound game -3.

Smith, Appleby, and Wolosik (I don't even know the first names) are as advertised= good ball players. Very quality trio.

Denman very workman-like and proficient with the ball. Much better player than the stat sheet would tell you.

If there was one new player I was excited to see it was D'Anna. Sizeable post who flashed some ability. 7-7 from the floor for 14 points.

Frosh Kerr and transfer Hollen both delivered a nice stat line. Kendall doled out five assists.

Keep an eye on this team. They are an evolving work in progress. There is hope for them to jell into a good unit. They are very obviously well-drilled.

-
            Will be keeping a close eye on them. The C'HAWKS have almost 2 months to prepare for a visit from MIKI G and the VULCANS. Looking forward to it.

Comment

WOW

Comment

Thriller at KCAC. IUP won.

Comment

IUP men -9 rebound margin.

Only 520 attendance. Kind of surprising. The IUP gals drew 680 the other morning, granted much of that were the little alligators who got free tix in school.

-

Comment

The end of that game was such a blur.

You had to be there. It was a rowdy 520 for the last 10 minutes. I'll give it that much.

IUP was down 4 with 27 seconds left. Real short version is down 2 with 14 left Dante hit a deep three. AB fired off a three, missed and their coach finally blew his stack and got a technical.

He should have got about five. I'm actually surprised one of his own players hasn't floored him already.

Comment

• Re: Iup basketball

AB was really up for the game. They crushed IUP on the boards. I suspect they clobber a much slower UPJ tomorrow.

IUP had stretches where the rim seemed 1" wide. Nothing would fall. It wasn't a good showing but wins are wins. They looked like they had a little turkey hangover most of the night.

Final was 75-70. IUP 9 point swing in final 27 seconds.

Joe had to use some really different lineup combos tonight. AB was much more athletic and faster tonight.

I know their record stinks but they played well. IUP did not but found a way.

I'd say last year's team would likely be 3-3 at this point instead of 6-0. It was ugly tonight but take the win and move on.

Tomorrow should be much easier. Cottrell is still banged up. He played 18-19 minutes tonight but you can see he's not near even probably 75 percent.

I've seen Lord knows how many IUP basketball games. I'm not sure I've ever see a more dramatic ending.

Classic case of letting a big dog have hope and hang around.

Comment

Final

IUP 76
                        Sciences 50

Comment

Danielak seems to be a very consistent scorer night in night out. Always double figures it seems.

IUP 2-0 for the weekend. Mission accomplished.

Comment

IUP men and women hosting Ship Saturday. Ship men led by the honorable Chris Fite come in with a 5-0 record and the Red Raider lasses bring a 5-1 slate to town. Should be a good measuring stick weekend for both IUP teams.

Comment

I don't recall a men's weekend at the KCAC with two bigger games.

Shippensburg (5-0) and No. 9 Kutztown (6-0) ... I know we hear a lot about "it's only November/December" ... well, how'd that theory work out last year.

Both of these teams, in particular, aren't going away and will be viewed as (hopefully) big wins come selection time.

Some notes on Ship:

* 5-0
                              * Tomorrow at KCAC will be first road game
                              * Led by 6'8" forward Dustin Sleva (20.8 ppg & 12.2 rebounds per game) & guard Antonio Kellam (16.2 ppg)
                              * Opened season with two Penn State branches
                              * Next three games were all blowouts -- 20 points over Rock, 32 over Edinboro and 18 over Wilmington
                              * Defensively, the Red Raiders smothered Edinboro star Jaymon Mason ... holding to just 6 points
                              * Obviously the Fite connection makes them very aware of Joe's philosophies on both ends
                              * Came on very strong at end of last year
                              * A recruit I really wanted IUP to get, Daylon Carter, isn't playing much (6 mpg)
                              * Most points allowed (73) against Boro -- very impressive defensive numbers to this point
                              * Certainly a case can be made they haven't played a good team yet

Comment

https://www.indianagazette.com/news/...hups,25447514/

Good article

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X