Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Goodness, I see that singer Judy Collins is coming to the KCAC. I wasn't even aware that she was still alive.

But at least these golden oldies are better than these contemporary acts they book like that Little Uzi Bert guy or whatever he called himself.

-

Comment

Lol ...

Lil Uzi sold out the KCAC ... then showed up 3 hours late and probably baked out of his mind.

That was a big stink ... half the place left and as word spread he was actually going to show up everybody came back. The KCAC treats concerts like airport security. Once you leave you don't get back in ... no exceptions. I heard it was a near riot students were so ticked off.

I will admit the Beach Boys concert was fantastic. I'd go see them again in a heartbeat. They have two originals on tour but the 'ringers' are fantastic singers.

And, unlike your boy Uzi, they showed up on time !!

Comment

IUP vs. Slippery Rock will be a White Out Night.

Should be a great game, hope to see a decent IUP contingent in attendance.

http://www.rockathletics.com/news/20...t-indiana.aspx

Comment

whoops, sorry

Comment

That's sweet. The Rock is going to make it a special night for IUP.

Nothing better than silencing Morrow.

Comment

I'll crack up if SRU gets caught looking ahead and loses at Cal this Saturday. Classic trap game with Joe looming.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Lol ...

Lil Uzi sold out the KCAC ... then showed up 3 hours late and probably baked out of his mind.

That was a big stink ... half the place left and as word spread he was actually going to show up everybody came back. The KCAC treats concerts like airport security. Once you leave you don't get back in ... no exceptions. I heard it was a near riot students were so ticked off.

I will admit the Beach Boys concert was fantastic. I'd go see them again in a heartbeat. They have two originals on tour but the 'ringers' are fantastic singers.

And, unlike your boy Uzi, they showed up on time !!
                The Beach Boys concert back in November was indeed fantastic. I'm with you, I'd be there again as well. The crazy thing is that I actually had some trepidation about buying the $40+ ticket and attending as I figured that even if 76-year old Mike Love and 75-year old Bruce Johnston physically showed up they would probably have hardly any actual participation. And I also wondered who was going to be able to pull off the Brian and Carl Wilson falsetto parts. How very wrong I was on both counts. Mike and Bruce would put just about anybody to shame with their performance. I don't know how they can do all of that at their age. They were both incredible. I never saw anyone command a concert hall like Mike did. He was truly fabulous. And when I heard that Jeffery Foskett was there, I knew we were in for a night of some magical music. Brian and Carl could not do those parts any better than Jeff. He was good enough to have actually been a Beach Boy back in the day. He's pretty well known in surf rock circles.

The best part was that I was able to take my 11-year old niece to the concert and give her a chance to hear something great. She must have liked it as she bought a $30 Beach Boys t-shirt on the way out. Yikes!

I'm currently reading Dean Torrence's memoir on Jan and Dean.

Comment

The video posted showing the Virginia State after-game brawl ... that could have easily been the IUP/SRU game at the KCAC earlier this year. Luckily several SRU players grabbed their teammate as he was headed toward Row 1.

That's a dicey subject in basketball. The distance from court to heckler ... you're talking less than 3'. Once the first guy goes ... then it gets messy as you see in that video.

It's an interesting element at the KCAC.

The night of the SRU game, the staff let said heckler have free rain for a long time. The SRU bench finally complained and then security came over to 'calm' him down. Near the end of the game it started again and almost ended badly. Luckily some cooler heads prevailed among the other SRU players on the floor. They stopped him instead of following him.

Most places aren't equipped to handle those brawls. You'll see a handful of student 'security' guards on hand. Some places have hired security guards or even hired police on hand. But, when you start talking about guys of this size and strength ... not easy to restrain them if they go off the deep end.

Fans have the right to cheer and talk some smack. I do think there's a fine line, however.

My guess is that VA State incident didn't just happen at the conclusion of the game randomly. It almost assuredly started during the game and then escalated afterward. It's probably a preventable situation if the event staff is actually paying attention.

Go back to the IUP/Gannon football brawl this year. That handshake line NEVER should have happened. When that final horn went the event staff, security and police should have been at midfield between the teams. Ray Charles saw that fight coming. Once it starts ... good luck breaking it up quickly.

Comment

Today's trifecta:

Rock gets upset in the Mon Valley

UPJ wins in the 'Mill

IUP beats Mercyhurst

That would be a pretty good Saturday.

Comment

Today's trifecta:

Rock gets upset in the Mon Valley

UPJ wins in the 'Mill

IUP beats Mercyhurst

That would be a pretty good Saturday.
                      I can wait to check out all the action live!!! GO IUP!!!

Comment

Make some noise

Comment

I'll be the guy harrassing all the Hurst players. They may want to fight me! hahaha

Comment

Of the big four East teams ... I think Kutztown is fourth. They played a weak non-conference and have the bad loss to Cal. That said they will be in the mix for one of the last spots.

Hopefully Ship takes care of business today and gives them Loss No. 4.

Comment

I expect a good one today. The MAC has been a house of horrors for Bravado over the years.

There are no style wins in there .... just get the W and get back on 79 South. Get home early and celebrate a win.

Comment

I expect a good one today. The MAC has been a house of horrors for Bravado over the years.

There are no style wins in there .... just get the W and get back on 79 South. Get home early and celebrate a win.
                                Correct, that gym is a dump and I'm going to harrass the Hurst players on their home court!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X