Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

It was posted on Twitter that Malik was severely burned yesterday putting out a fire in his apartment.

Awful. I hope he's doing well and makes a full recovery.

Comment

Per today's Gazette, Malik was released from the hospital. It said he's definately out 2-3 and possibly the season.

Luckily, it sounds like he's doing OK.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        On to the bad news.

I'm hearing, anyway, Malik Miller may be out for awhile. No official word. Tony may shed some more light on it today in the Gazette.

Jalen Vaughns may return soon. He's not wearing a boot or using crutches. That helps but only so much. The guard spot now is only 3 deep. That's a major problem.

I don't know the state of Armoni Foster's shoulder injury from October. I know the plan was he was going to be shut down to preserve the redshirt. If he's able to play do you consider injecting him in to the lineup at this point with 7 regular season games left?

Keyes is obvously there, too, but I can't see adding him at this point.

It's a problem, no doubt.
        What does Bravado do...

You can't start playing a freshman now. He's talented but he's not ready for this stage of the season. IF he's even healthy enough to play. We certainly don't know that either. You can't waste Keyes anymore at this point either.

What Bravado should do, is run with this group of horses. Danielek has to give them more offensively. Hutton has to be a two way player now. Vaughns has to be leaked in a little more when healthy. They are a borderline regional team right now. If they use Keyes they risk the next two years being dominant. If they use Foster, they risk poor inexperienced play. That kid hasn't played in almost a year now unless he played AAU somewhere.

Comment

From a basketball view, yeah, it's a pretty devastating loss. They were really peaking.

Playing with 6 guys is only going to last so long. I think they can survive in the PSAC West. The West teams tend to play slower. But, against the deeper, faster-paced East teams ... forget it.

I agree about not burning the redshirts now ... was just thinking out loud. Pat Narduzzi had to do it this year at Pitt with the QB (and he then beat Miami). I wouldn't totally rule it out, by the way. Keyes has practiced all season. But, he doesn't solve the guard problem. Vaughns returning doesn't, either.

Assuming they play the hand they've now been dealt, Vaughns is now in the rotation. No more babying him. Trial by fire time. They could consider moving Blake to his more natural position as kind of a hybrid small forward/guard.

Gonna have to get creative from here on out.

Comment

From a basketball view, yeah, it's a pretty devastating loss. They were really peaking.

Playing with 6 guys is only going to last so long. I think they can survive in the PSAC West. The West teams tend to play slower. But, against the deeper, faster-paced East teams ... forget it.

I agree about not burning the redshirts now ... was just thinking out loud. Pat Narduzzi had to do it this year at Pitt with the QB (and he then beat Miami). I wouldn't totally rule it out, by the way. Keyes has practiced all season. But, he doesn't solve the guard problem. Vaughns returning doesn't, either.

Assuming they play the hand they've now been dealt, Vaughns is now in the rotation. No more babying him. Trial by fire time. They could consider moving Blake to his more natural position as kind of a hybrid small forward/guard.

Gonna have to get creative from here on out.
            In Bravado we trust!!!

Comment

Per today's Gazette, Malik was released from the hospital. It said he's definately out 2-3 and possibly the season.

Luckily, it sounds like he's doing OK.
              What did I hear-- second degree burns on his hands and arms. Yeah, I would guess gone for the year unless they get really deep into the NCAAs. He will in most likelihood not be able to have the full functioning use of his hands which are so important at this level of competition for quite some time. I hope that I'm wrong, but that sounds very serious. It's a tough break for the young man as well as the team.

I hope that he can make a quick and full recovery! Basketball is only a secondary concern at this point.

-

Comment

In other news... rumor has it that Gannon has a top player not playing Saturday. Could be a big break for IUP.

Comment

Here's a blast from the past that some of you older guys may recall----I just saw that former St. Francis standout Mike Iuzzolino made the NEC Hall of Fame.

He took the Red Flash to the 1991 NCAA Tourney and later played a few years with the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA.

-

Comment

Rumor alert ... Dream On tomorrow night.

Comment

You mean the old HBO series? Are fans supposed to show up for the game looking like Martin Tupper?

How odd.

Comment

Lol ... Tupper could be in the house.

For about 20 years ... back to the Edwards era ... IUP has always played "In the air tonight" right before the game started. Last year they switched to Dream On by Aerosmith.

They switched back to Phil Collins this year. Rumor has it ... being Gannon and all ... Dream On may get the call tomorrow.

More of a superstitious thing than anything ... but the crowd seems to follow it.
                        Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-02-2018, 09:49 PM.

Comment

If I was in charge of spinning the pregame record at the KCAC I would put on Hendrix's "Hey Joe."

Probably guys like Glover and Hutton would want to know who in the Sam Hill Jimi Hendrix is.

-

Comment

Yeah ...

About that age thing ... let my oldest two watch Titanic the other night. They are 7 and 10.

Then i realized Titanic just turned 20 years old.

You think Hendrix is old ... they think Celine Dion is ancient.

Comment

Some Game Day stats:

IUP leads the all-time series with Gannon, 23-22

Bravado is 13-9 against GU

The Hawks have won the past four in the series

Gannon's last win came in the PSAC championship in 2014-15. IUP recovered a week later to win the Atlantic Regional and advance to the National Final. GU was upset by SRU at the Regional preventing the rematch with IUP. Painfully, GU had defeated SRU three times during that season.

Gannon is 5-6 this season on the road

IUP has not lost to a PSAC West team since the infamous upset at Seton Hill nearly two years ago ... a streak approaching 25 games.

I believe, but am not 100 percent certain, Gannon owns the KCAC record for drawing the largest crowd. The famous Silent Night game drew an announced gate north of 3,800. GU won the game.

Comment

Reminder to all you Bravado Joe fans ... the game will be carried live tonight on television.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X