Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I can't recall many going 'up'. Can you?
    George and Weezy Jefferson. They were movin' on up!

Do you think Cobo could play at D-I? Very good ball player for IUP but I'm not sure if the vast majority of D-II players would even be a blip on most D-I coaches transfer radar to be honest.

-

Comment

North Carolina ... no.

Duquesne ... yes.

And, likely, many in between.

There aren't many ... Sleva, Cobo, Bonifant, Norfleet ... they could have all played up. I also think by his junior and senior seasons DeVante Chance could have played up. Anthony Glover, as a senior, could have played at any NEC-level program. Micah Till would find a D1 hoops home tonight if he wanted to do so.

The jump to the Top 25 is extreme but the rest ... the leap from elite D2 to D1 isn't as big as many think.

Amir Hinton will go straight from Lock Haven to a Power 5 program.

As for Cobo ... If he went on the market as a grad transfer right now ... at 6'9" with his ball skills ... he'd have D1 coaches salivating over him by 6pm tonight.

Comment

• Comment

In the Gazette this morning so now official ... Carlos Carter of IHS is signing with Wheeling Jesuit.

Comment

Tom McConnell has quietly become arguably the most successful coach in IUP WBB history in his first five years on the job.

Several of the best regular seasons in program history.

A conference championship.

A regional championship.

An appearance in the Final Four.

Not sure if the man has gotten his due credit for all of these accomplishments. I think that he deserves a raise!

-

Comment

I've been kicking this idea down the road for several years now----but wouldn't it be cool to have the IUP men's team adopt the Atlanta Hawks Dominique Wilkins-era uniforms? I guess you would want to go with more IUP colors. But it would be such an awesome look in my own opinion.

-

Comment

If they are the team everybody hates ... might as well embellish the villain role. They could bust out the Indiana Hoosier-type striped warm-up pants.

In all honesty I could care less what they wear. I'm just tired of seeing more players in street clothes than uniforms. That needs to end this off-season.

Comment

Fair enough. But those retro-Hawks unis were pretty awesome. They would look great in them!

-

Comment

Gotta say ... Charles Humphries 'decision' announcement video on Twitter was pretty sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                      I've been kicking this idea down the road for several years now----but wouldn't it be cool to have the IUP men's team adopt the Atlanta Hawks Dominique Wilkins-era uniforms? I guess you would want to go with more IUP colors. But it would be such an awesome look in my own opinion.

-
                      ...I'd be all in on the eighties chic Hawks look but only if with the shorty shorts like we used to wear in that decade--with knee-high white socks. My kids think old hoops photos of me in that era are hilarious. Another generation needs to suffer.

OLM

Comment

Originally posted by oakleafmold View Post
                        ...I'd be all in on the eighties chic Hawks look but only if with the shorty shorts like we used to wear in that decade--with knee-high white socks. My kids think old hoops photos of me in that era are hilarious. Another generation needs to suffer.

OLM

Comment

Gotta say ... Charles Humphries 'decision' announcement video on Twitter was pretty sweet.
                          What's the shelf life of Kool-Aid?
                          I have several unused cases from two years ago I could send to IUP from the hilltop! LOL :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                            What's the shelf life of Kool-Aid?
                            I have several unused cases from two years ago I could send to IUP from the hilltop! LOL :-)
                            If they are Berry Blue send them ASAP!

-

Comment

The guard IUP was after from IMG Academy has signed with Bobby Hurley and Arizona State.

Comment

The guard IUP was after from IMG Academy has signed with Bobby Hurley and Arizona State.
                                Interesting, I watched film on the kid and he didn't look anywhere near D1 level. I was even questioning D2 level.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X