Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iup basketball

Danielak is pretty unique. He's got a big shot from outside. He's a strong 6'7". Not easy to push around. He's a matchup problem due to the deep shot and he has some muscle inside.

He'll be a solid double digit guy all year. His minutes where down tonight due to picking up those 3 fouls somewhat early. Ticky-tack fouls but nonethess he had to sit. He's a very intelligent player.

He was rotating with Cottrell. I'd assume the plan was he'd go 30+ tonight but when he got the fouls Huff got those minutes.

Comment

Any word on Cottrell? What's his condition?

What's your take on Hutton?

Comment

Cottrell's ankle will be under lock and key. I don't think much will leak on that injury status. I don't think it is overly serious.

Hutton has been the utility man so far. He's played several positions including some four tonight. He fits in so far. This team may have a different high scorer every game.

He hasn't had much offensive output yet but that could be a result of being the 'fill in' man. He's a nice piece. Good defender. Nice size guard at 6'3" ... Obviously small underneath but he's got some Tevin Hanner in him.

I see him as kind of a Manny Yarde type player so far but it's only three games. He's quick. Plays smart.

I can't get a vibe yet on what his defined role will be yet. He's not going to be like a Norfleet but honestly the team is flowing much better with 8 equal parts.

Comment

I see commencing on November 25 the IUP men have an incredible stand of eight consecutive home games. Talk about a cornucopia of basketball!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Cottrell's ankle will be under lock and key. I don't think much will leak on that injury status. I don't think it is overly serious.

Hutton has been the utility man so far. He's played several positions including some four tonight. He fits in so far. This team may have a different high scorer every game.

He hasn't had much offensive output yet but that could be a result of being the 'fill in' man. He's a nice piece. Good defender. Nice size guard at 6'3" ... Obviously small underneath but he's got some Tevin Hanner in him.

I see him as kind of a Manny Yarde type player so far but it's only three games. He's quick. Plays smart.

I can't get a vibe yet on what his defined role will be yet. He's not going to be like a Norfleet but honestly the team is flowing much better with 8 equal parts.
            Of the new guys, I thought Hutton looked like the most mature. Huff and Miller haven't quite settled in yet I didn't think. In particular Bowie made Miller look like the freshman he is - but to his credit I thought he kept fighting - he has alot of potential. This is going to be an interesting team this year. Cobo has improved alot

Comment

Cobo is a monster. There are very few 6'9" guys in D2 who can do what he does. Dramatic improvement. He bulked up a good bit since last year. All honesty he's a D1 player. Those two threes he hit last night were huge. I'd love to find out the story how Joe found him from the Canary Islands. Joe said he just kind of slipped through the cracks.

I don't know that Huff was really in the plans for this season prior to CJ leaving in camp. I'd assume he was a redshirt candidate. He is now. Granted, when Cottrell returns his minutes will take a major hit (similar to the opener, I'd assume). The Gazette today said Cottrell may return this weekend for the road-trip.

I thought Miller was alright last night. Freshmen have freshmen moments. We sure saw that a year ago. Bowie is a pretty aggressive bunch. That press is pretty intense. Like I mentioned last night ... no idea why they just don't roll with it all night. Bowie is going to have a good season. I'll give them credit ... they will play anybody anywhere. It's become a nice yearly rivalry with IUP. Always good games. You saw .. that game last night was a lot tighter than that final score.

Comment

Was Cobo listed at 6-9 last year? I don't recall that. He does look like a monster this year.

Comment

Random observations through 3 games:

1. Bill Otto hasn't done the announcing yet

2. The last song before tip-off is now Dream On. It was In the Air Tonight for as long as I can remember. Nice upgrade in my opinion.

Nothing against the new guy ... but Otto is pretty tough to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    Random observations through 3 games:

1. Bill Otto hasn't done the announcing yet

2. The last song before tip-off is now Dream On. It was In the Air Tonight for as long as I can remember. Nice upgrade in my opinion.

Nothing against the new guy ... but Otto is pretty tough to beat.
                    Retired and moved to Conneaut Lake IIRC. Not sure if he is still doing any games.

Comment

35-27 IUP at half. No Cottrell.

Lock Haven ended half on 7-0 run.

Comment

IUP 73
                        LH 59

Cobo 22 pts, 14 boards, 5 assists.

Comment

Tough to get a read on a game you couldn't hear or watch but seems to me that IUP was a little flat today.

Comment

Win is a win and move along.

4-0 ...

Comment

What is up with these PSAC East schools having no video feeds? Year after year. WCU does but .... time to get modern.

Comment

Final

IUP 63
                                Bloom 61

Malik hit the game winner with about 10 seconds.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X