Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

I've been saying it all year with the IUP men, they don't play good enough defense and turn the ball over way to much.

I finally got a chance to listen to coach Lombardi's post game interview and low and behold, he said the same things I've been saying. They lack length this year so that is hurting them a little bit but positioning has been brutal! They better get a good week of practice in or Fairmont St. will destroy them.

Comment

Worst defensive team in the Joe era ... not counting his first team.

They should beat these teams by 35 points. If that bone head from Mansfield didn't get the technical late .....

If tonight's team shows up next Monday ... Fairmont will blow them outta the KCAC.

Comment

I don't totally agree they lack length. They have some big boys. Cobo is 6'9", Danielak is 6'7" and Cottrell is 6'8". They don't have an enforcer.

They got butchered in post points tonight. This group also fouls and fouls and fouls and fouls and fouls.

They are 10-1. They find ways. But this crap has to be cleaned up.
        Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-10-2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Let us not forget Tom's Catholic School team won its 6th straight today. Tom won big today.

Comment

Fairmont jumped to No. 2 in this week's poll. To my knowledge, they will be the highest ranked team to ever visit the KCAC.

Joe got 9 days to prepare. Fairmont is playing twice this week -- including Saturday. IUP is idle all week (finals) leading up to the Monday night (Dec 19) showdown. I'm not sure either has an advantage. One could be rusty. One could be a bit tired. If anything IUP will have them pretty well scouted.

This is a pretty interesting game full of several high-profile individual match-ups.

It's a tough date. Hopefully the town shows up strong. The students will be long gone.

Credit to both teams for taking the game. There are clearly much easier non-conference opponents.

IUP doesn't lose at home often. Joe wins big games. It should be quite a show.

Comment

• I'm beyond upset that there isn't a way to watch this game from Columbus. Beyond upset. Yeah, I know.. I can listen to the radio broadcast, but it isn't the 50s anymore. Give me a stream to watch the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beats me ... I have no idea why they stopped the streams this year.

In the past, you couldn't watch during the winter break but this year they appear to have cut them all together.

Make the trip out ... there will be PLENTY of good seats unfortunately available.

I hear you, though. The radio isn't the same and the live stats ... you miss the story line.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Beats me ... I have no idea why they stopped the streams this year.

In the past, you couldn't watch during the winter break but this year they appear to have cut them all together.

Make the trip out ... there will be PLENTY of good seats unfortunately available.

I hear you, though. The radio isn't the same and the live stats ... you miss the story line.
                  To boost attendance IUP employees are getting in free on Monday - and the free tickets are transferable, so you can give the free ticket to a neighbor. So it may not be too bad - still it won't be great.

I tend to prefer the radio over the video feeds though, particularly some of the bad feeds in the PSAC, CUTV is good, the IUP feed used to be on par with CUTV, but has gone down hill. Others, well would rather hear Jack benedict. The availability of the feeds is likely a budget issue - we are having a bit of a crisis around here with budgets

Comment

That's a start. I'd like to see them drop the (way over-priced) prices for this game down to a couple dollars or even free admission for all elementary and high school students. Being a school night likely won't help the cause but the cheaper prices for this game couldn't hurt. The more people through the door means more concessions, beer, etc. You may even draw some of the coveted 'average fans' ... who, you never know, may actually come back again down the road and be converted to 'real fans'.

Getting up to 2,000 would be a great turnout based on the circumstances. It's certainly more than possible.

As I recall IUP's visit down to Fairmont last year had similar (date) circumstances and was played in front of an empty gym.

The game itself ... should be awfully interesting.

Comment

Interesting little note ... Chuck Harris, who was an assistant at IUP last year under Joe, is now an assistant at Mercyhurst.

That's kind of odd considering Mercyhurst is (perhaps) IUP's biggest rival in basketball.

Comment

IUP loses to Fairmont in OT .... quite a game.

Comment

Fairmont is an incredible team. Very impressed. Very impressive IUP effort to send game to OT after being down 17 in second half.

I'd love to see Round 2. Jason Jolley is just lights out ... one of best players I've seen in D2 in a long time. Pure Ice. He really kept them in it down the stretch when they were on thin ice.

Dante had, my opinion, his best game of the year. IUP had plenty of chances to win tonight ... don't get me wrong. Lots of mental lapses at extremely inopportune times. They had issues with the press and speed of Fairmont at times.

Fairmont won the OT, 16-6 ... it seems OTs are rarely close for some reason.

I would have liked to see IUP press more. Fairmont struggled with it some when they ran it. But, I know Joe didn't want to get in to a speed game with them.

IUP needs somebody else to step up in scoring in clutch moments ... be it Danielak, Hutton ... somebody. Miller saw a lot of time tonight. He played very well and gives them some more speed.

Joe is a tough team to put away. That's three games vs undefeated, highly ranked teams. He's 1-2 ... could be 3-0 or 0-3. All very tight. Getting down so big in these games is another issue altogether.

Very promising defeat ... despite this being IUP and morals don't count for crap. But ... this team is progressing nicely.

Congrats to Fairmont. Great game and effort ... and thanks for making the trip up here. I (kind of) hope to see you guys again later on.
                          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-19-2016, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Fairmont is an incredible team. Very impressed. Very impressive IUP effort to send game to OT after being down 17 in second half.

I'd love to see Round 2. Jason Jolley is just lights out ... one of best players I've seen in D2 in a long time. Pure Ice. He really kept them in it down the stretch.

Dante had, my opinion, his best game of the year. IUP had plenty of chances to win tonight ... don't get me wrong. Lots of mental lapses at extremely inopportune times. They had issues with the press and speed of Fairmont at times.

Fairmont won the OT, 16-6 ... it seems OTs are rarely close for some reason.

I would have liked to see IUP press more. Fairmont struggled with it some when they ran it. But, I know Joe didn't want to get in to a speed game with them.

IUP needs somebody else to step up in scoring ... be it Danielak, Hutton ... somebody. Miller saw a lot of time tonight. He played very well and gives them some more speed.

Joe is a tough team to put away. That's three games vs undefeated, highly ranked teams. He's 1-2 ... could be 3-0 or 0-3. All very tight.

Very promising defeat ... despite this being IUP and morals don't count for crap. But ... this team is progressing nicely.

Congrats to Fairmont. Great game and effort ... and thanks for making the trip up here. I (kind of) hope to see you guys again later on.
                            Are you serious right now??? You want a participation trophy too??? This team isn't progressing. They are making the same darn mistakes every game! 20+ turnovers again tonight. THAT CAN'T HAPPENED!!! They also missed numerous shots around the rim. THAT CAN'T HAPPEN!!!

Is this IUP team good enough to beat anyone, yes I do believe that BUT not till they clean up the garbage turnovers and FINISH around the rim.

The stardard here is to win championships, not get a cudos for sending a game to OT after being down 17. Make the plays they are suppose to make and secure the ball and they win this game! That's the bottom line!

Comment

Dude ... they were so outmatched athletically in that game it was unreal.

Comment

I'm not up for close losses but let's get real clear here. They don't have the talent Fairmont does. Ask anybody who was there. IUP was drastically out manned and still could have won. Fairmont has superior athletes.

The standand is high. I get it. But you just lost in OT to perhaps the best team in the country.

Not many hoops teams run the table. It was an incredible effort against a better team. I know that's hard to swallow at IUP but for now anyway it's the cold truth.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X