Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Rock coach tossed ... double technical. Police began walking towards court.
    Holy! What happened? Quick Draw Bobby McGraw actually is a former policeman.

IUP women romp 95-72. Tom Terrific doing good as is his team! 31 for Megan Smith. 10 in a row now. Rollin', rollin', rollin'!

I did want to say that my niece who is a fourth grade hoops player and her team got to attend an IUP WBB game back in December and got to meet the team while touring the locker room. She said that everybody was really great to them. Nice to hear good things are happening!

Comment

This year TBA .. but next fall Tom will have best team in America.

Comment

This year TBA .. but next fall Tom will have best team in America.
        I'll first have to see how they do with some of these divisional heavies before I ever drink any more of that kool-aid. It's been pretty much a program trademark since they won their last PSAC title in 2009 to have a good team----only to be handed their blank by a good team in the PSAC West. This team is indeed a great story---but they do have a lot to prove in these upcoming games against Boro, Cal, Mercy and a few others.

Comment

Lol ... maybe I got a bit excited. Joking aside... this team is nasty.

They will be a tough out. And .... all back next year.

Comment

Lol ... maybe I got a bit excited. Joking aside... this team is nasty.

They will be a tough out. And .... all back next year.
            I certainly wasn't trying to discount you---I've just been there too many times in the past bunch of years with the IUP women. I want to know that they can be the toughest kids on their own block (PSAC West) before I even imagine them doing anything else.

They have Mercy, Boro and Cal coming up. Let's see what they can do against these teams.

Comment

Any win in Morrow is a big one. Many past IUP teams didn't do what this one did tonight. #talonsup

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Any win in Morrow is a big one. Many past IUP teams didn't do what this one did tonight. #talonsup

Last couple years IUP has found ways to lose the snooze fest, grind it out type of basketball games against average opponents. I don't know how good SRU is. I still don't know how good IUP is. But winning a road game up there in a place that some past really good teams couldn't do, that's a good step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A big one for the IUP ladies tonight ...

IUP (8-0, 10-2) at Mercyhurst (8-0, 13-1). Tom has won 10 straight -- all in blowout fashion -- but the competition level takes a huge leap forward tonight.

The men will be in for another West slugfest. Joe is 4-4 in his last 8 against the Lakers. Mercyhurst is a shocking 6-6 thus far -- losers of 3 of its past 4 outings. Included in the two recent defeats were last-second setbacks against Clarion and Slippery Rock. Regardless, this never seems to be an easy trip up there. Certainly expecting an IUP win but maybe not by a big margin. Manchal always comes up with some good recipes versus Joe.

It was very nice to see Danielak come back to life on the offensive end up at Slippery Rock. Who knows ... getting out of the KCAC for a bit may have been what he needed. It was very apparent they are a much different team when he's hitting shots ... much harder to defend. Cobo grabbed 16 boards up there.
                  Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-09-2017, 10:11 AM.

Comment

IUP women won, 64-54. Lauren Wolosik scores 17 points.

Assuming they beat Millersville ... this sets up a big one Saturday versus Edinboro at the KCAC.

Comment

IUP 37
                      Mercy 34

Half

Comment

Indeed a very big win for the IUP gals!

Tough decision for Sat. nite---watch Falcons/Seahawks or watch the Lady Hawks.

Usually the NFL always wins out but beat Cal and Boro and my priorities could change. Who knows.

On a side note----I saw the new Star Wars movie "Rogue One" today and I would recommend it highly to anyone thinking about seeing it. Great film! I would put it right up there with the original Star Wars and Return of the Jedi for the best films of the franchise. It was that good.

Comment

IUP 80
                          Mercyhurst 69

Final

The Lakers put up a fight, hitting 8 of 12 treys, but another real nice road win for the Crimson Hawks (13-2).
                          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-09-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Gary Manchel should be fired!!! How is your team down 10-12 points with around 1:15 left and you don't have your team pressing? Fouling? SOMETHING to try to get your team to close the gap. Instead he kept letting IUP dribble out clock and the finally had them foul down 10 with 12 seconds left??? TO LATE!!! Mercyhurst has far to much talent to be losing this much.

On another note, I was excited by Hutton's play on the offensive end today. The kid has offensive skills and he finally showed it tonight. Malik had a nice showing in the second half shutting down the Depaul transfer. Driz gets better and better every game. His offensive skill set is so much better now than previous years. I still like Daunte off the ball, the kid can shoot!

Comment

You can only take so much away from listening rather than watching but several people have told me that Lakers' team should have way more wins than it does so far.

It seemed like other than Glover's barrage there in the second half it was a real tight game. Mercyhurst always goes nuts from trey land on IUP.

Joe's radio interview after the game was interesting.

Cobo had another huge stat line ... in the range of 11 pts, 15 boards and 5 assists.

Danielak showed up at the Rock and Hutton tonight. Those two are so, so important to this team down the stretch. They don't need to rip it up but just making teams aware they can opens up so many other things.

Win at SRU and Mercy back to back games ... those are games records get tossed. Take the wins and get out of Dodge. Huge wins.

Comment

What did Joe say in his interview? I raced home to watch the football game and forgot to tune in to Joe's interview.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X