Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody want to give a shot at what they think the Region rankings look like right now? Lots happened in the last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
      Does anybody want to give a shot at what they think the Region rankings look like right now? Lots happened in the last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Fairmont
      Iup
      West Liberty
      Shippensburg
      Kutztown
      Wheeling Jesuit
      ESU
      Virginia state

Comment

All IUP focus on Edinboro ... only game that matters right now.

LOL ... let's not jinx anything (and remember the end of last season).

We just saw two MEC power teams lose to teams well below .500 last night.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          All IUP focus on Edinboro ... only game that matters right now.

LOL ... let's not jinx anything (and remember the end of last season).

We just saw two MEC power teams lose to teams well below .500 last night.
          After seeing edinboro lose to seton hill I give iup a zero percent chance of losing. Mason would have to score 75. To many injuries. Tough year for edinboro men.

Comment

Edinboro played a fantastic game in Indiana last month. A lot of close games are just when IUP is off but that was genuinely a tight, very good game. But, I'd agree. If Anderson isn't back it could be a run-away tomorrow. I have no idea on his status but noticed he hasn't played the past several games. He's a nice player. That's a big-time loss for them. Without him taking some pressure of Mason they get a lot easier to defend. It's a shame. They had a nice roster at the beginning of the year ... just got blasted with the injury bug. Mason's a pretty special player. They have decent bigs, too. But, with that small of a rotation any foul trouble spells doom.

Comment

The Heritage Conference Championship is tonight at the KCAC. The boys' game is Saltsburg vs. Ligonier Valley.

Just a (strong) guess, but Bravado Joe may have an interest (or two) in this game.

I'd also be willing to bet this game has a bigger gate than any IUP game so far this season (2,350).

Comment

The ladies are up 37-28 at the half over Boro. They had lead up to 17 but Edinboro had a nice run to close half.

It will be a tight one.

Comment

Women

IUP 79
                  Boro 61
                  Final

Comment

Nice unselfish basketball.

Comment

That got tight there at the end for those only seeing the final score. Boro got it down to 5 points. Smith and Appleby hit two major treys. Big time shots.

Maura D'Anna exploded for 17 points off the bench on 8-9 shooting.

You're right ... very good performance.

Comment

Men

IUP 43
                        Boro 36
                        HALF

Comment

Final

IUP 91
                          Edinboro 76

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            That got tight there at the end for those only seeing the final score. Boro got it down to 5 points. Smith and Appleby hit two major treys. Big time shots.

Maura D'Anna exploded for 17 points off the bench on 8-9 shooting.

You're right ... very good performance.
                            How would a three way tie for second be determined. Iup is 2-0 against mercyhurst and 1-1 with boro. If Mercyhurst goes 1-1 with boro, would iup get the two seed. Or would Mercyhurst get the 4 and edinboro get the 2 because of a win against cal. I'm just not sure I'm interpreting the tie breaker correctly.

Comment

http://static.psacsports.org/customp...%20-%20Men.pdf

See 3.1.1. For three-way ties, the tie for the highest seed among the 3 or more teams will be done first, then revert to the start of the tiebreaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                                http://static.psacsports.org/customp...%20-%20Men.pdf

See 3.1.1. For three-way ties, the tie for the highest seed among the 3 or more teams will be done first, then revert to the start of the tiebreaker.
                                That still doesn't answer the question. Does the 2-0 team get the 2 seed from the head to head tie breaker? You could interpret it two ways by saying the 0-2 team is eliminated by the tie breaker. Therefore, record against cal breaks the next tie. Which could make iup cal game very important.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X