Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

I am watching Gannon vs. IUP. Gannon is fighting, but seem to be outmatched vs. IUP. IUP press has been ineffective late in the first half. Incredible double pump three to finish before halftime!

Comment

Originally posted by PSAC76 View Post
      I am watching Gannon vs. IUP. Gannon is fighting, but seem to be outmatched vs. IUP. IUP press has been ineffective late in the first half. Incredible double pump three to finish before halftime!
      He got hacked and no call. Still went in.

Comment

GU playing hard.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          He got hacked and no call. Still went in.
          They will not call a double pump at the buzzer like that. Offensive player seemed to have initiated the contact

Comment

Todd Fetsko almost ruined my under!!!

Comment

The bench emptying cost the over !!! IUP was up 30 when pine emptied.

Comment

Thoughts:

1) Dante's shot looked atrocious tonight.
                2) I like Chucky, just sucks that he's not quite a guard and not quite a forward. His role is a gray area.
                3) Marco earning minutes!
                4) Armoni looked like a freshman at times tonight. Glad it happened in this setting.
                5) I loved the varied press looks tonight. Gannon had no answer!!! That's the most important observation tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  The bench emptying cost the over !!! IUP was up 30 when pine emptied.

That last 2-3 minutes... The reason I never have and never will put a cent on a sporting event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                    Thoughts:

2) I like Chucky, just sucks that he's not quite a guard and not quite a forward. His role is a gray area.
                    4) Armoni looked like a freshman at times tonight. Glad it happened in this setting.
                    5) I loved the varied press looks tonight. Gannon had no answer!!! That's the most important observation tonight!

Malik was the X Factor ... went off for 26 points.

Looked like JR was intent on smothering Dante. Bearer hit two big treys in the first half.

IUP shot 12 of 25 from trey land and 53 percent from the field.

Marko and Chucky are making big cases for more minutes. Unfortunately for Chucky ... Cobo is ahead of him.

It's not possible JR has any voice after a game ends.

GU plays hard and physical. No doubt. There's just no offense there. I actually thought he subs way too much. No rythem for the players.

Comment

• Iup basketball

Thoughts:

Comment

IUP women 32
                        Gannon 21

Gannon women with 17 turn overs... yikes!

That is amazing ... Gannon was shooting over 50% from the field AND outrebounded the Hawks 16-8 at the break. But a 17-4 turnover margin will result in a double-digit deficit regardless of how well you do in any other categories!

Comment

Looked like JR was intent on smothering Dante. Bearer hit two big treys in the first half.

Marko and Chucky are making big cases for more minutes. Unfortunately for Chucky ... Cobo is ahead of him.

GU plays hard and physical. No doubt. There's just no offense there. I actually thought he subs way too much. No rythem for the players.
                          This is why I was certain that Gannon couldn't keep the game close. This team can't score and won't hold a great offense like IUP down for the better part of the game. It seems like the entire game that Reils is searching for a lineup that works and changes every few minutes. Lather, Rinse, Repeat!

Comment

Any other year Reilly would go 7 deep at most. This year is the first I've seen him sub this much. He knows they are offensively challenged and he's got to be searching for a hot hand.

Comment

Any other year Reilly would go 7 deep at most. This year is the first I've seen him sub this much. He knows they are offensively challenged and he's got to be searching for a hot hand.

IUPAlum / Golden89:

In keeping this topic going (specifically to Gannon) ... Did you notice the number of times last night Gannon's players could drive the lane but then almost froze up, stopped, and kicked it back out? It's almost like they are afraid to shoot the ball. Granted, you run in to some real big boys under the IUP basket, but they did this all night -- in particular off the press.

Fernando Salsamendi gives GU a legit outside presence. But, after watching him closely last night, he's kind of an odd fit in the GU team. He's deadly as a straight-up 'set' shooter. But, he's by no means a 'Reilly' defender. He was hot early last night and oddly the ball quit coming his way. I think IUP adjusted on to him pretty quickly but I'd have still kept getting him shots. When he came out of the game at about the 8-minute mark of the first half, the Gannon offense took a nose-dive. IUP had to pay him just enough attention that it was opening other lanes, etc. Once he was off the floor GU's only offense was put-backs.

IUP's press was very effective. That's the longest Joe's ever ran it in one game. While it did create a handful of turnovers, it did a tremendous job of eating the shot clock and forcing Gannon in to sets it seemed very uncomfortable running. I think it also slowly took the 'pep' out of Gannon a little bit on the defensive end. They started the game full of Red Bull on defense. I'd say IUP then pressed the final 75 percent of the game and it wore them down just enough. Chucky is a beast in the middle of the press. He's quick, long and fast. I thought they could have called Gannon with at least two time violations for not crossing in time.

It's my opinion GU could still make a nice little run in West play. But, somebody has to emerge as the go-to scorer. I'm not saying they need to light up the scoreboards ... but if they can score 67-70 they'll win a lot of games down the stretch. With 9 losses already their NCAA hopes are long gone but they can still be a tough out and play spoiler. There's no doubt they play full speed.

Comment

IUPAlum / Golden89:

It's my opinion GU could still make a nice little run in West play. But, somebody has to emerge as the go-to scorer. I'm not saying they need to light up the scoreboards ... but if they can score 67-70 they'll win a lot of games down the stretch. With 9 losses already their NCAA hopes are long gone but they can still be a tough out and play spoiler. There's no doubt they play full speed.
                                Agree that GU could be a tough out if they can score 65 points per game. But it actually has to happen. Some believe that this scorer could be Frank Webb, who sat out the last two games with an injury. I thought that he was more day-to-day, but it must be more serious than expected.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X