X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Simple terms:

1) PRESS and wear SRU out!
    2) Get a defensive rebound, kick out and run!
    3) ATTACK the rim! Don't settle for 3's!
    4) Make free throws!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
      Simple terms:

1) PRESS and wear SRU out!
      2) Get a defensive rebound, kick out and run!
      3) ATTACK the rim! Don't settle for 3's!
      4) Make free throws!

Two games they've lost ... they were down 13 (SRU) and 10 (Mercyhurst) at the half.

Here's an oddity for some of you saber metric types: IUP is struggling mightily in the first half of home games this year -- oddly at the end of the court where they warm up. I'd guess their KCAC FG percentage differential between the two ends of the court is huge. In particular, I'd bet they are shooting nearly 30 percent better from deep at the other end.

Take it a step further, when the teams flip-flop for the second half, it's almost always the visiting team that goes cold down at that end (horseshoe end).

It has to be a sight line thing. I know many coaches over the years have commented it's hard for teams to prepare to play there due to the wide open nature of it compared to the average PSAC gym (with a wall behind the basket). Odd it seems to also be bothering the home team. Of course, they mainly practice at MFH.

Sample size from this year:

IUP shot:

Virginia State 37.5 FG% in first half and 50% in second half
      Bowie State 44% in first half and 55% in second half
      Le Moyne 32% in first half and 52% in second half
      Mercyhurst 42% in first half and 54% in second half

Perhaps not coincidentally every one of those four teams shot a tremendously higher percentage in the first half and then saw their percentage take a dive after halftime.

Like I said ... just an observation but it appears to have some merit.

Comment

Trivia! When is the last time Slippery Rock won a game in Indiana?

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
          Trivia! When is the last time Slippery Rock won a game in Indiana?
          Before you were born.

LOL ... just kidding. But, seriously, 29 years ago.

They were oh so close so many times under Kevin Reynolds. But, he had a streak of at least 7 games getting T'd up in Indiana. Some of them were deadly. Mathis and Marcel's senior year ... Reynolds' T cost SRU the game.

Starting in the mid-90s through the start of the KR era, they were routinely wipe-outs ... 25-35 point blowouts on a pretty routine basis. It's why it is still kind of weird for the older posters on here to consider SRU a rival in basketball.
          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-06-2019, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Trick question (kind of)!

March 8, 2013...The Rock beat East Stroudsburg in the PSAC semifinals in the KCAC, setting up a great game the next night against IUP. (This was, I believe, the first rendition of IUPatty's and no one knew how to celebrate yet. So the IUP fans came in in a drunken stupor for the Saturday night championship game decked out in green. Slippery Rock brought at least one fan bus and were very loud. It was a great atmosphere and IUP stormed the floor afterward, even if most in attendance were wearing Slippery Rock green.)

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
              Trick question (kind of)!

March 8, 2013...The Rock beat East Stroudsburg in the PSAC semifinals in the KCAC, setting up a great game the next night against IUP. (This was, I believe, the first rendition of IUPatty's and no one knew how to celebrate yet. So the IUP fans came in in a drunken stupor for the Saturday night championship game decked out in green. Slippery Rock brought at least one fan bus and were very loud. It was a great atmosphere and IUP stormed the floor afterward, even if most in attendance were wearing Slippery Rock green.)
              You got me. Good one.

That's a funny story.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Before you were born.

LOL ... just kidding. But, seriously, 29 years ago.

They were oh so close so many times under Kevin Reynolds. But, he had a streak of at least 7 games getting T'd up in Indiana. Some of them were deadly. Mathis and Marcel's senior year ... Reynolds' T cost SRU the game.

Starting in the mid-90s through the start of the KR era, they were routinely wipe-outs ... 25-35 point blowouts on a pretty routine basis. It's why it is still kind of weird for the older posters on here to consider SRU a rival in basketball.

Comment

• Comment

Bearer is back

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                      Bearer is back
                      Huge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                        Bearer is back
                        Someone ring the Sutton Hall bell...IUP *might* go nine deep.

Comment

• Iup basketball

Horrible call against Willem. Till threw an elbow. This ref has been a problem in the past. Likes to make the game about him. Two fouls early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X