Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    I thought the same. Josh Wise cried the whole game and finally Malik was about to lose it on him. Great job to get him out of there.
    Not a player in the league cries more than Wise. It's why the KCAC crowd t'd off on him.

I liked how he got all apologetic when Malik gave him the glare.

Comment

IUP vs UPJ thoughts:

1) Every game Willem is playing his way out of the line up (my opinion).
      2) Armoni is playing great for not playing 100%. He definitely doesn't look himself.
      3) Chucky is my star of the game. He's earning more minutes and is very athletic.
      4) Marco only a few minutes blows my mind.
      5) Cobo had a great game but doesn't look himself either with the mobility.
      6) Joe loved the D because of all the front court steals but I didn't think it was that good.
      7) God the three ball was brutal the first half.
      8) Did Joe really say Armoni is better as a freshman than Aston Smith? Joe said Armoni is the best freshman he's ever coached. WOW!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
        I've often been criticized on here because I'm too harsh on those students.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
          Admittedly haven't listened to Cal's broadcasters. A lot of the schools have students doing the game. And you get what you pay for with that I guess. You have to start somewhere. I realize that. I've often been criticized on here because I'm too harsh on those students. Be better then. I think your post here accurately describes what I often see. I think these kids don't think anybody is listening. There aren't any "news releases" or breaking news stories in D2 athletics. How exactly does one come up with that story?

I think a lot of them just make stuff up. I've caught the IUP guys doing that.

The other thing is that most of them are just communications media majors. I'm sure very few are tuned into what's going on outside of their own school. The way the guys calling IUP's games talked about Mercyhurst, you would think the Lakers were a four win team. There's too much emphasis from any of the student announcers on the rankings. Football is where it's the worst. As we've all discussed, those polls are normally way off the radar. The students calling these games put way too much stock into them.

I would sacrifice quality in play by play and color ability if I had two students who knew the game and were in tune with D2 athletics. That's all I want. My personal opinion, but I think the two students who do the games for SRU are actually pretty good.
          SRU has the best in the league. That lead guy is very strong.

I actually REALLY enjoyed having no announcer tonight. I much rather liked hearing the crowd, etc. I can't take hearing YACK-I-PO DI-EZ for a whole night.

It was funny how they muted after any controversial call.

Comment

For anyone wondering, there is proof:

(REFS 78 - UPJ 67)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzVO0hKW0AE71mR?format=jpg&name=medium

Comment

• Iup basketball

4) Marco only a few minutes blows my mind

Comment

Amen. Willem in spurts. Big dunks. Spark. Couple blocks.

Chuckie starts for 95 percent of the PSAC right now. He's just got Cobo in front of him. Go with both. UPJ had no chance once Joe went with that Chuckie and Cobo fast lineup. They got rattled on both ends. Willem has become far too easy to scout. He'd be way more effective in spurts. Chuckie just adds a whole different dimension.

What took Joe so long to make the switch tonight ... no idea. Stubbornness, perhaps. The Marko thing is becoming a joke in my opinion. Guy can ball and he's a physical mismatch in D2. Let that dog ride.

Willem is needed and can be very beneficial to the team. But, I think we all agree they'd get way more out of him in 12-14 minutes versus 25 minutes. He was getting smoked tonight. His confidence seems shot. That fire is missing. He has to get pissed off in there.
                Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-13-2019, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Willem is a slow it down type a player. IUP needs to speed it up! Hence Chucky and Marco being so versatile.

Comment

• Comment

Yes. He was a small forward at Sienna and was projected to be a big shooter for them. He had injury problems there. Last year was his first season ever playing a power forward role.

He's a strong guy. We've seen flashes of it. He just needs to cut it loose. His best game all year was at Fairmont. He dominated the glass. Granted, they are a much smaller team than he sees in the PSAC.

The talent, size, speed and strength is all there.

Comment

I'll add one thing to last night ...

UPJ is going to be a problem next year. That whole team is back and will only be better.

Add to it they will get guard Drew Magestro back ... who sat out this year with a knee injury.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          I'll add one thing to last night ...

UPJ is going to be a problem next year. That whole team is back and will only be better.

Add to it they will get guard Drew Magestro back ... who sat out this year with a knee injury.
                          They play different than most PSAC schools. They get out and run more than most and they play D. No grinding it with them. That's why I thought Chucky being out that was perfect. His length and athleticism was the perfect formula.

Comment

Jeff Dow is leaving ULM

https://ulmwarhawks.com/news/2019/2/...t-renewal.aspx

Comment

They play different than most PSAC schools. They get out and run more than most and they play D. No grinding it with them. That's why I thought Chucky being out that was perfect. His length and athleticism was the perfect formula.
                              True ... I've always thought of them as more of a Mountain East style school in the mostly slow-it-down PSAC West.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                                True ... I've always thought of them as more of a Mountain East style school in the mostly slow-it-down PSAC West.
                                Slippery Rock will be intersting to follow in the coming years now that the JUCO Godfather has left town. Hard to gage this year because Grady is working with a KR designed roster.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X