X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Comment

The way they played last night ... keep wearing the damn uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        Coleman wouldn't make that big of a difference and the scholarships are their own fault! Tell Cleary to get on the horn and work with businesses to build that! Walky did it so why can't Cleary?
        Cleary has to walk a real tight line this off-season with who he recruits. Coleman and the kid who thinks he's Steph Curry may kill each other by December fighting over who gets 35 shots per game.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Cleary has to walk a real tight line this off-season with who he recruits. Coleman and the kid who thinks he's Steph Curry may kill each other by December fighting over who gets 35 shots per game.
          Simpson?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Simpson?
            Correct!

Comment

Correct!
              A decade ago, the coach would absolutely destroy that kid's ego until he conforms to the needs of his new team. Now you can't do that because he'll transfer.

Comment

A decade ago, the coach would absolutely destroy that kid's ego until he conforms to the needs of his new team. Now you can't do that because he'll transfer.
                Simpson is lucky Edinboro took him on as a walk on. No schools even looked at him and the top teams still wouldn't!

Comment

My favorite part was him talking trash with a minute left in the game to IUP's walk-ons. He's losing by 35 at home to a team wearing Edinboro uniforms. Not much to talk about.

Comment

Simpson is lucky Edinboro took him on as a walk on. No schools even looked at him and the top teams still wouldn't!
                    He's overvalued because he is from Prep. Prep Derangement Syndrome in Erie is like Pitt football delusions.

Comment

IUP is in a great spot. All they have to do is keep winning and they stay home -- conference tournament and regional. That takes a lot of pressure off the equipment manager.

Any thoughts who you'd rather play next Wednesday -- Gannon or UPJ ?

Comment

He's overvalued because he is from Prep. Prep Derangement Syndrome in Erie is like Pitt football delusions.
                        Over valued? The kid barely played for Prep until his senior and let's be honest, Prep isn't a basketball juggernaut!

Comment

Over valued? The kid barely played for Prep until his senior and let's be honest, Prep isn't a basketball juggernaut!
                          According to Edinboro's athletics website, he was a three-year starter at Prep. Found a clip from the Erie Times that calls him a "standout" for Prep.

According to the Google, starting in 2005 Prep has won the District 10 title 9 of 15 seasons. I don't think District 10 basketball is all that strong but from a regional perspective, I'd say they're pretty good. They're not a "juggernaut" in basketball as they are in football.

Comment

Not sure if anyone saw it, but the IUP uniform fiasco made the overnight Sports Center.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/art...wear-host-unis

Comment

According to Edinboro's athletics website, he was a three-year starter at Prep. Found a clip from the Erie Times that calls him a "standout" for Prep.

According to the Google, starting in 2005 Prep has won the District 10 title 9 of 15 seasons. I don't think District 10 basketball is all that strong but from a regional perspective, I'd say they're pretty good. They're not a "juggernaut" in basketball as they are in football.
                              The Erie reporter didn't do him any favors calling him a 'Top 5' guard in the PSAC.

He can play but he's not a Top 5. If he was at IUP he'd likely be the 8th or 9th guy in the rotation. He's not going to be a Brandon Norfleet type and carry a team. They need to get him some help. If him and Coleman can co-exist next year (I have my doubts) they could be a nice 1-2 punch.

That said Boro needs bigs. Cleary needs legit post players and not converted football players. Staunch and Girvin filled a role but they aren't starting types. They are good in quick spurts. He keeps finding guards every year but has really struggled landing any good post players.

If you don't have legit bigs in the West you have big problems.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                The Erie reporter didn't do him any favors calling him a 'Top 5' guard in the PSAC.

He can play but he's not a Top 5. If he was at IUP he'd likely be the 8th or 9th guy in the rotation. He's not going to be a Brandon Norfleet type and carry a team. They need to get him some help. If him and Coleman can co-exist next year (I have my doubts) they could be a nice 1-2 punch.

That said Boro needs bigs. Cleary needs legit post players and not converted football players. Staunch and Girvin filled a role but they aren't starting types. They are good in quick spurts. He keeps finding guards every year but has really struggled landing any good post players.

If you don't have legit bigs in the West you have big problems.
                                I was thinking that last night. He needs Ryan McLemore.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X