Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Goodness that's right. Getting old.

I recall after the 14-15 season there were at least conversations about doing a regular season series.

The IUP side claimed Crutch wouldn't agree to play up here due to PSAC officials.

The WL side claimed IUP wanted a 2-for-1 series.

Regardless, as we'll never really know the story, it never happened.

IUP instead signed in to that four-year deal with Fairmont State (2 home / 2 away). I don't know if it is extended past this year. I hope so.

Comment

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
      And while we're talking about tourney games with WJU, it's always worth mentioning that Grossenbacher got that buzzer beating shot off in time in 2017.
      Yes he did...And the replay clearly showed it. Sure seemed like things were purposely aligned to keep WLU from advancing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        My buddy Bruce and his crew were the ones who called it off.
        Like to know what view they reviewed because the one with the game clock in the background clearly shows light between the ball and Grossenbacker's fingertip as the clock ticked to zero!

Comment

Best atmopshere at IUP in years was this year's Ship game ... inside the Field House. By a mile. When that place is revved up it is deafening.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
            Like to know what view they reviewed because the one with the game clock in the background clearly shows light between the ball and Grossenbacker's fingertip as the clock ticked to zero!
            Am I remembering correctly that they weren't actually allowed to use video replay? I thought it was a situation where the conference had disallowed video replay (because of spotty video coverage and limited camera angles), so the refs were huddling simply to talk about what they saw "live." I could be mistaken about that. But I thought I remembered that the real controversy was that the video showed he got it off, but the refs never saw the video. I'm not sure. It's entirely possible I might have made up that entire context just to rationalize it in my mind. Maybe IUPbig can ask his buddy Bruce.

Comment

My buddy Bruce and his crew were the ones who called it off.
              Your buddy isn't a hair gel model by chance is he? ; )

Comment

Your buddy isn't a hair gel model by chance is he? ; )
                No. Bruce is a tall black guy with a shaved head. Typically the best official in the PSAC. The GQ hair gel model is in his crew, however.

Comment

Am I remembering correctly that they weren't actually allowed to use video replay? I thought it was a situation where the conference had disallowed video replay (because of spotty video coverage and limited camera angles), so the refs were huddling simply to talk about what they saw "live." I could be mistaken about that. But I thought I remembered that the real controversy was that the video showed he got it off, but the refs never saw the video. I'm not sure. It's entirely possible I might have made up that entire context just to rationalize it in my mind. Maybe IUPbig can ask his buddy Bruce.
                  If I recall correctly the Hail Mary shot that got waived off came right after Preston Boswell banked in a three.

Comment

If I recall correctly the Hail Mary shot that got waived off came right after Preston Boswell banked in a three.
                    That's HILLTOPPER PRESTON BOSWELL to you, sir. ; )

I admit it might be hard for the first few minutes of next year's opener to cheer for that guy after he was a major pain in our arse for two years. But, I suspect one clutch three will have us cheering for him in no time!

Comment

No. Bruce is a tall black guy with a shaved head. Typically the best official in the PSAC. The GQ hair gel model is in his crew, however.
                      Do conferences ever share refs? I was at the WLU/Wesleyan game earlier this season, and there was an unfamiliar crew with a hair gel looking guy who seemed to take himself WAY too seriously. I couldn't help but wonder if the MEC had borrowed a terrible PSAC crew for a game. Is that likely? Or does the MEC have its own GQ fellow that I just hadn't seen before?

Comment

Do conferences ever share refs? I was at the WLU/Wesleyan game earlier this season, and there was an unfamiliar crew with a hair gel looking guy who seemed to take himself WAY too seriously. I couldn't help but wonder if the MEC had borrowed a terrible PSAC crew for a game. Is that likely? Or does the MEC have its own GQ fellow that I just hadn't seen before?
                        You'll know them. They think the whole crowd is there to see them. Every game we have that crew has double the fouls called. Hair Gel is very quick-triggered with the technical -- particularly toward Lombardi. He's probably 35-40 years old.

Comment

The PSAC and MEC officials are extremely different. The PSAC officials call EVERY THING.

When IUP played at Fairmont this year it was nuts. They let every thing go ...

Fairmont saw that up here last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Is he legitimately your buddy? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Every conference has a GQ guy on a crew. No doubt. Need a hair gel model to liven things up.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                                Is he legitimately your buddy? Lol

Yeah I've known him since college.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X