Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Here's a stat from yesterday that likely still has Joe smiling this morning:

Mercyhurst was held to 29.3% from the field yesterday and 1-17 from deep.

They made Mercyhurst fight for every point they got yesterday. Armoni and Malik had excellent defensive games.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Anybody going to try and go the distance on Saturday? I 'think' I could do it. That said, Mrs. bigIndian may object.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
        No, its the beat a team 3 times thing. But the other concern is that WCU plays so physical that IUP is tired for the second game - like yesterday's mercyhurst game, or even worse someone gets banged up. Do we have PSAC refs or others ?

On the other hand, IUP is 5-1 against the teams in its bracket, and 7 - 1 against the Atlantic region field.
        http://coachbobwalsh.com/2018/03/02/...m-three-times/

Comment

I saw that. But keep in mind the team that won the two previous is picked to win the third game nearly 100% of the time so how does a 1 in 3 chance of an upset compare to the number of upsets in the first meeting? IUP should win but the style of play makes it a tough opener I think

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Regionals this weekend and, sigh, IUPatty's the next.

Comment

Regionals this weekend and, sigh, IUPatty's the next.
                  As much of a headache and nuisance that train wreck causes, you'd almost want the debauchery to be this weekend. Students would show up LIT AF. Like it or not, that was part of the reason that was such a rabid crowd for the PSAC Championship against Slippery Rock a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                    I saw that. But keep in mind the team that won the two previous is picked to win the third game nearly 100% of the time so how does a 1 in 3 chance of an upset compare to the number of upsets in the first meeting? IUP should win but the style of play makes it a tough opener I think
                    Sorry if I misinterpreted your original thoughts. I agree, it is not an easy opener and upsets are common at tourney time. Plus at this time of year you never know whose going be sick.
                    Home crowds are a huge advantage though.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                      As much of a headache and nuisance that train wreck causes, you'd almost want the debauchery to be this weekend. Students would show up LIT AF. Like it or not, that was part of the reason that was such a rabid crowd for the PSAC Championship against Slippery Rock a few years ago.
                      2013 PSAC title game on the Saturday night of the first IUPatty's...the crowd was LIT AF, as the youths say. Great crowd.

Comment

Here's something that wasn't LIT AF:

Semi-final against West Chester drew 1,474
                        Final against Mercyhurst drew 1,429

Saturday was a much more enthusiastic crowd although watching Mercyhurst can put even the most engaged basketball fans to sleep. I watched the Lakers play twice this weekend. There's no chance I could watch them for a full season.

For comparison sake, the Shippensburg game two years ago drew an announced 2,508 (which having been there seems incredibly low as that was one of the most crowded days I've ever seen the KCAC).

So, the question becomes ... why did IUP get such a bad turnout for these games when just the week before 3,654 showed up to watch IUP play Seton Hill?

I'll spot ya 800 for students on break.

Comment

Saturday was a much more enthusiastic crowd although watching Mercyhurst can put even the most engaged basketball fans to sleep. I watched the Lakers play twice this weekend. There's no chance I could watch them for a full season.

For comparison sake, the Shippensburg game two years ago drew an announced 2,508 (which having been there seems incredibly low as that was one of the most crowded days I've ever seen the KCAC).

So, the question becomes ... why did IUP get such a bad turnout for these games when just the week before 3,654 showed up to watch IUP play Seton Hill?

It makes no sense! It's a great product, students get in for free, they do promotions for free shirts, etc. I just think are to lazy to get off their butts to go.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            It makes no sense! It's a great product, students get in for free, they do promotions for free shirts, etc. I just think are to lazy to get off their butts to go.
                            Tickets were even cheaper. The PSAC set the pricing and not the Taj Mahal.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                              I think what he's saying is that they do go. The difference in those attendance numbers are the students not being on campus. Look it's not like this is just an IUP issue this time of year. We say this every year... The regional, at least in this part of the country, is played in front of near empty arenas because students aren't on campus. Same thing would happen regardless of the location. If you're a host, you hope to make it to Tuesday when the students are back.

Comment

It was perplexing. Weather was perfect too. Nice but not so nice that you wanted to be outside all day.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X