Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    I think what he's saying is that they do go. The difference in those attendance numbers are the students not being on campus. Look it's not like this is just an IUP issue this time of year. We say this every year... The regional, at least in this part of the country, is played in front of near empty arenas because students aren't on campus. Same thing would happen regardless of the location. If you're a host, you hope to make it to Tuesday when the students are back.
    That's why I said I'd spot you 800 for the students being gone. That still only gets it up around 2,400 (hypothetically). I was expecting WAY more of the local yocals.

Comment

For comparison sake, the MEC Final drew 3,781 yesterday.

Or, 2,352 more than Joe did.

Comment

No reserved seats this weekend. All general admission.

Comment

Could be a coincidence but the way IUP has the games listed ... appears IUP could be playing the night-cap.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Could be a coincidence but the way IUP has the games listed ... appears IUP could be playing the night-cap.

Comment

Other oddity is re-entry is not permitted. They must want to keep that beer money inside and not at the Hilton. Lol.

No session tickets either ... you get the full day.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Other oddity is re-entry is not permitted. They must want to keep that beer money inside and not at the Hilton. Lol.

No session tickets either ... you get the full day.

Comment

Bravado served nightly!

-

Comment

The IUP ladies will take on Bowie State at 12 p.m. this Friday.

Comment

• Comment

The out of towners will just love that $9 per ticket 'handling fee' they'll be charged online.

Nearly criminal.

Comment

Is there a chance for a sell out? Wondering if there is a need to by tickets ahead of time or if the general opinion is that there should be no problem purchasing tickets when you get there on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtybird View Post
                            Is there a chance for a sell out? Wondering if there is a need to by tickets ahead of time or if the general opinion is that there should be no problem purchasing tickets when you get there on Saturday.
                            In my opinion there's zero chance it sells out -- in particularly your game. This past weekend East Stroudsburg had probably less than 5 fans in the KCAC. It's about 5-6 hours each way for them. Three of the four games will be empty. Keep in mind they can get 5,000 in there.

Add to it IUP is on Spring Break and most students will not return until Sunday. The PSAC Championship drew just 1,500 due to spring break. The locals filled less than half of the KCAC for Sunday's game. They sure aren't filling it for a non-IUP game.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              In my opinion there's zero chance it sells out -- in particularly your game. This past weekend East Stroudsburg had probably less than 5 fans in the KCAC. It's about 5-6 hours each way for them. Three of the four games will be empty. Keep in mind they can get 5,000 in there.
                              Yeah. Only real chance of a sell out is Tuesday if IUP gets that far.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtybird View Post
                                No chance for a sell out. With everything being general admission, they are going to keep a revolving door because people won't stay for all 4 games. I'm sure ticket sales will be through the roof but they all won't be there at the same time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X