Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Our buddy Brandon Spain is coaching down at Harford and has a dandy on his team. Guard Jaedon Willis.

He'd look real good in the KCAC. Just sayin'

Three years eligibility. Millersville has offered. First team all MD-JUCO as a true freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Our buddy Brandon Spain is coaching down at Harford and has a dandy on his team. Guard Jaedon Willis.

He'd look real good in the KCAC. Just sayin'

Three years eligibility. Millersville has offered. First team all MD-JUCO as a true freshman.
      From his Harford profile: "Brother Darrius Heyward-Bey plays in the NFL for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Brother Anthony plays football for Northeastern." Genes aren't too shabby.

Comment

For what it's worth, it seems like this IUP men's team is always banged up in some form or another. Cobo's knees, Dante's everything, Greg Bearer's hand...I noticed watching Sunday's PSAC final on TV, grad assistant Eric Matheson even had a cast on his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
          For what it's worth, it seems like this IUP men's team is always banged up in some form or another. Cobo's knees, Dante's everything, Greg Bearer's hand...I noticed watching Sunday's PSAC final on TV, grad assistant Eric Matheson even had a cast on his hand.
          Not totally uncommon. Figure they've been playing since October. That's a lot of wear and tear. I'd think the majority of teams have issues right now.

Dante is a grinder. For all the bigger he is he plays pretty fearless and doesn't shy away from contact. Four years in the West will toughen anybody up pretty good. He's played through one injury after another for four years. Armoni playing at the level he has without practicing for the past month is incredible. I thought Cobo looked 100% better Sunday against Mercyhurst than he did against West Chester. Of course, I think WCU's plan was to eliminate him on the offensive end and they really sold out on him.

West Chester played IUP completely different from the first meeting. The game back in December they completely sold out on defending the deep shot. This second game they sold out on the post. That's the hardest thing playing against IUP. Sell out on one and the other will kill you.

As for the grad assistant, I'd assume they've been using everybody to form a scout team with so many not practicing. The former Auburn star and assistant coach Allen Payne has probably been lighting them up in practice, too.

Comment

From his Harford profile: "Brother Darrius Heyward-Bey plays in the NFL for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Brother Anthony plays football for Northeastern." Genes aren't too shabby.
            He's a nice player and the three years is a nice item, too. Joe has two slots left for next year. I'm not sure he'll take another guard (figure they'll have KJ Rhodes, Armoni, Bryce Radford, Malik and Anthony White).

They definitely need at least one more post player. As of now they'll have Ethan Porterfield, Humphries, Ulrich and Dom Keyes.

Comment

That would be highly debatable there. More like eats up a roster spot year after year. Yoi and Double Yoi!

-

Comment

For any fans lurking out there and on the bubble of whether to go or not to the IUP men's region tourney this weekend----I would highly encourage you to go. There is nothing quite like the experience of attending a region. And these things do not come around all that often.

I recall the IUP teams hosting three of them in the past decade and a half or so.

2002- Unforgetable experience as Gary Edwards and Dennis Mims led IUP to the region title and advanced to the Elite Eight in Evanston, Indiana where they would make the Final Four. Who will ever forget Aaron Faulkner leaping atop the scores table in celebration?

2008- The IUP women hosted the tourney and unfortunately lost in the opening round in the infamous Mount Olive affair.

2010- Joe Lombardi and company beat West Liberty to cut down the nets. The Field House was absolutely electric that night.

These things are really unique and you should not miss the chance to get out to experience one if you enjoy the sport of basketball. No matter what happens you will remember this stuff the rest of your life.

-

Comment

The Aaron Faulkner moment is one of the best 'moments' I've seen at IUP. Perhaps I'm a little biased as that was my senior year.

That team was just nasty. Mimms scared people from 100' away.

Comment

The Aaron Faulkner moment is one of the best 'moments' I've seen at IUP. Perhaps I'm a little biased as that was my senior year.

That team was just nasty. Mimms scared people from 100' away.
                    What a great team that was. Eric Castorino was crazy aggressive all over the court too.

Comment

Speaking of that era, Gary Edward's Francis Marion team made the Big Dance and will play Augusta this Saturday.

Comment

Speaking of that era, Gary Edward's Francis Marion team made the Big Dance and will play Augusta this Saturday.
                        Gary Edwards is a better version of Kevin Reynolds! hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                          For any fans lurking out there and on the bubble of whether to go or not to the IUP men's region tourney this weekend----I would highly encourage you to go. There is nothing quite like the experience of attending a region. And these things do not come around all that often.

I recall the IUP teams hosting three of them in the past decade and a half or so.

2002- Unforgetable experience as Gary Edwards and Dennis Mims led IUP to the region title and advanced to the Elite Eight in Evanston, Indiana where they would make the Final Four. Who will ever forget Aaron Faulkner leaping atop the scores table in celebration?

2008- The IUP women hosted the tourney and unfortunately lost in the opening round in the infamous Mount Olive affair.

2010- Joe Lombardi and company beat West Liberty to cut down the nets. The Field House was absolutely electric that night.

These things are really unique and you should not miss the chance to get out to experience one if you enjoy the sport of basketball. No matter what happens you will remember this stuff the rest of your life.

-
                          Agree - watching your team play in the NCAAs at home is a privilege that you should take advantage of.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            Gary Edwards is a better version of Kevin Reynolds! hahahaha
                            No doubt, but he was (is) a good coach -- and a good person.

Comment

Just a few blasts from the past on the women's side---

Happy Mount Olive Day! It was eleven years ago that the IUP women squandered the number one seed in the final East Region Tourney and lost to eighth-seeded Mount Olive. It is still hard to believe that it happened. It also marked coach Cindy Martin's swan song at IUP.

It was ten years ago this evening that the unquestioned greatest IUP women's player EVER, Jahzinga Tracey, played her final game for the Lady Crimson Hawks. IUP lost to Gannon in OT in the second round of the Atlantic Region.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                                Just a few blasts from the past on the women's side---

Happy Mount Olive Day! It was eleven years ago that the IUP women squandered the number one seed in the final East Region Tourney and lost to eighth-seeded Mount Olive. It is still hard to believe that it happened. It also marked coach Cindy Martin's swan song at IUP.

It was ten years ago this evening that the unquestioned greatest IUP women's player EVER, Jahzinga Tracey, played her final game for the Lady Crimson Hawks. IUP lost to Gannon in OT in the second round of the Atlantic Region.

-
                                Molly Carr won the GOAT vote on WCCS.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X