Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    No. But ... if any of us can honestly say we never did anything stupid in college ... I commend you.
    IMHO that is a weak analogy - Stupid is different from stealing. Even stupid people have been taught not to steal. Events outside your control can cause you to lose your money, your health, your loved ones, etc. But only you must voluntarily choose to give up is your character. Once lost, it is very hard to get it back. What sad was the low price he received for his character. It wasn't like he found a million dollars along side the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
      IMHO that is a weak analogy - Stupid is different from stealing. Even stupid people have been taught not to steal. Events outside your control can cause you to lose your money, your health, your loved ones, etc. But only you must voluntarily choose to give up is your character. Once lost, it is very hard to get it back. What sad was the low price he received for his character. It wasn't like he found a million dollars along side the road.
      He's also innocent until proven guilty. We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

He's also innocent until proven guilty. We'll have to wait and see.
        Good point. Hopefully he will plead not guilty and be found innocent.

Comment

Feb. 20 was the night of the snow-cancelled Clarion game. They played the next night instead. Armoni played 24 minutes in that game.

Comment

Tony C. has to pull some weight. This crap should never hit the local media.
            You really think an employee of The Indiana Gazette would help bury a story in The Indiana Gazette for the benefit of the men's basketball program? The incident happened Feb. 20. It was in yesterday's Gazette. The Penn also didn't run it until yesterday. Which means, no, it wasn't buried. The docket or fax didn't make it out to the media until yesterday or two days ago. That's how police reports work.

And since we're talking about Indiana County DA Patrick Dougherty: https://thehawkeyeonlinenews.wordpre...otball-at-iup/

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
              You really think an employee of The Indiana Gazette would help bury a story in The Indiana Gazette for the benefit of the men's basketball program? The incident happened Feb. 20. It was in yesterday's Gazette. The Penn also didn't run it until yesterday. Which means, no, it wasn't buried. The docket or fax didn't make it out to the media until yesterday or two days ago. That's how police reports work.

And since we're talking about Indiana County DA Patrick Dougherty: https://thehawkeyeonlinenews.wordpre...otball-at-iup/

I suppose the DeVante Chance story took 6 months to make it the fax machine, too, huh?

Comment

Do you want to hear the politically correct answer or the real answer?
                I always want the REAL answer!

Comment

Actually now that I think about it the DeVante Chance incident also went down the night before the Clarion game that year. Both him and Manny Yarde played the very next night (and the rest of the season). Many feel that was the reason Yarde transferred at the end of the season -- a VERY rare occurrence for a 'rotation' guy under Joe Lombardi.

So, the question becomes, why aren't these guys getting sat down in the immediate games after they get in trouble?

And, don't even consider tossing out the 'maybe Joe didn't know about it' line. If you really think that you haven't spent any time in Indiana or near that program.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post

Lol... Come on

You were a student when the Devante Chance story broke. Just like I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                      Lol... Come on

You were a student when the Devante Chance story broke. Just like I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I always thought that was fishy. It did end up being in the paper...eventually. And in the end the charges were dropped and Devante wrote a letter to the community in the summer. So it's not like Tony C. buried these stories by himself and it's crazy to think he would have that power. Since The Penn didn't run anything until yesterday, that leads me to believe there was a holdup by the police. The Penn has no reason to protect anybody.

Comment

I always thought that was fishy. It did end up being in the paper...eventually. And in the end the charges were dropped and Devante wrote a letter to the community in the summer. So it's not like Tony C. buried these stories by himself and it's crazy to think he would have that power. Since The Penn didn't run anything until yesterday, that leads me to believe there was a holdup by the police. The Penn has no reason to protect anybody.
                        In the DeVante apology article that summer, Tony straight up said he knew about it the night it happened. Two players -- one a star -- got arrested in a drug raid in Indiana and it wasn't newsworthy until 6 months later?

Even at that, it was buried in the Gazette after IUP was gone for summer. Somebody caught it and then it blew up on here. IUP (and/or the Gazette) couldn't hide it any longer. Way more people read the crap on this board than most realize. Lombardi (to this day) has never commented on that night (or why his players played the following night).

And, of course, six months later all charges against Chance and Yarde were dropped.

That's why, like it or not, Armoni and his candy bar is almost laughable. After a couple days you'll never hear about it again. Trust me.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post

Comment

Sure, the police station is right across the street but I don't see news editor Jason Levan or executive editor Eric Ebeling having the power to make sure the PD doesn't send out a news release. About the backup point guard on the IUP men's team.

Although it is funny to think Armoni stole a candy bar. Maybe he should have chewed it over with a Twix.

Comment

Sure, the police station is right across the street but I don't see news editor Jason Levan or executive editor Eric Ebeling having the power to make sure the PD doesn't send out a news release. About the backup point guard on the IUP men's team.

Although it is funny to think Armoni stole a candy bar. Maybe he should have chewed it over with a Twix.
                              IUP24 is talking about the DeVante cover-up (not Armoni).

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X