Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

St. Francis would just make too much sense being 25 minutes up the road. I think that would be a cool yearly (real) game -- way better than Bethany and Westminster.
    This is a good idea ... are there any division II teams that play games against Division I teams as part of the regular season? How do they figure into regional rankings? Do the D-I teams have anything to gain by playing real games against these teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
      This is a good idea ... are there any division II teams that play games against Division I teams as part of the regular season? How do they figure into regional rankings? Do the D-I teams have anything to gain by playing real games against these teams?
      No. Just like our teams playing Penn State branches, etc.

Comment

Roster is up. No real surprises. This might be Joe's toughest season as coach -- in terms of getting all that talent narrowed down to 7 rotational guys.

https://iupathletics.com/roster.aspx...43&path=mbball

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
          Roster is up. No real surprises. This might be Joe's toughest season as coach -- in terms of getting all that talent narrowed down to 7 rotational guys.

Anthony White came off 'walk-on' status. Good for him. He earned it.

Comment

My reply was presented as sarcasm also! Poke at how much importance IUP faithful put in which D1 they are "playing."

I had considered posting about this years IUP team being the BEST Joe had put together...EVER! But I figured the IUP faithful wouldn't get the joke!! FYI...EVERY team Joe puts together is the best team in the history of IUP basketball...Seems like this years squad is shaping up to be the best, EVER, also!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
              My reply was presented as sarcasm also! Poke at how much importance IUP faithful put in which D1 they are "playing."

I had considered posting about this years IUP team being the BEST Joe had put together...EVER! But I figured the IUP faithful wouldn't get the joke!! FYI...EVERY team Joe puts together is the best team in the history of IUP basketball...Seems like this years squad is shaping up to be the best, EVER, also!!!!!!!
              That's obviously not true and typical Boat innuendos, but, ...

I would say last year's team, despite the 30-3 record, wasn't one of Joe's two best teams.

I think the 2014-15 team would have mopped the floor with them. That team had better guards, more toughness and played way better defense. Not to mention Daddy would have went bonkers inside. The West was much better then, too.

Joe's best team was without doubt his first national title game team. The Webb team would have blown the 14-15 and 18-19 teams out of the building.

Question is how the Webb team would have faired against Kanaskie's big team in the mid-90s or Edwards' '02 team.

Comment

I would say last year's team, despite the 30-3 record, wasn't one of Joe's two best teams.

I think the 2014-15 team would have mopped the floor with them. That team had better guards, more toughness and played way better defense. Not to mention Daddy would have went bonkers inside. The West was much better then, too.

Joe's best team was without doubt his first national title game team. The Webb team would have blown the 14-15 and 18-19 teams out of the building.

Question is how the Webb team would have faired against Kanaskie's big team in the mid-90s or Edwards' '02 team.
                Ohhhhh...How soon IUP fans forget. Much conversation before the season about how "stacked" the team was and how Joe had gone "all in" to win a NC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                  Ohhhhh...How soon IUP fans forget. Much conversation before the season about how "stacked" the team was and how Joe had gone "all in" to win a NC!!!
                  He did. They were 30-3.

It didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post

My guess:

Starting 5

David Morris (PG)
                    Malik Miller (G)
                    Armoni Foster (G)
                    Chucky Humphries (F)
                    Shawn Ulrich (F)

(Rotation) Bench

Shawndale Jones (G)
                    Tommy Demogerontas (F)

That's your (7)

Next off bench

Ousmane Diop
                    Anthony White

Likely to redshirt

All three freshmen (Porterfield, Rhodes and Radford)

Many have told me all three freshmen could play this year, talent-wise. However, we all know Joe isn't playing 11 guys.

We'll see how they all mesh, but this is one of his deepest rosters. And, if he wants some muscle on the floor ... go further down the bench to Alan Glover Jr. That guy is a tank. Tort would salivate over him.

There's also going to come a night he starts all four of those guards plus Chucky. We'll see that at some point. Shawndale is a house. He'll bang under the glass with anybody.

Comment

Comment

My guess:

Starting 5

David Morris (PG)
                        Malik Miller (G)
                        Armoni Foster (G)
                        Chucky Humphries (F)
                        Shawn Ulrich (F)

(Rotation) Bench

Shawndale Jones (G)
                        Tommy Demogerontas (F)

That's your (7)

Next off bench

Ousmane Diop
                        Anthony White

Likely to redshirt

All three freshmen (Porterfield, Rhodes and Radford)

Many have told me all three freshmen could play this year, talent-wise. However, we all know Joe isn't playing 11 guys.

We'll see how they all mesh, but this is one of his deepest rosters. And, if he wants some muscle on the floor ... go further down the bench to Alan Glover Jr. That guy is a tank. Tort would salivate over him.

There's also going to come a night he starts all four of those guards plus Chucky. We'll see that at some point. Shawndale is a house. He'll bang under the glass with anybody.
                        You don't think Shawndale slide into the starting spot over Armoni at some point?

Comment

Agreed on the Mathis/Marcel team. They were definitely better than last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            Agreed on the Mathis/Marcel team. They were definitely better than last year.

There was some ingredient that team had that last years did not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Sure was.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Not bringing up the whole Dante 4-year era intentionally but, well, things will certainly be different without him. Put it that way.

They will be tremendously different without him. I think Joe will also be much different.

That era was what it was. Dante did a lot of great things here. Joe also kept him on the court when he wasn't doing a lot of great things, too.

Should the Dante and Cobo 4-year run have won more than two NCAA games? Probably.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X