Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

I'm not talking about selling it at the concession stand. I'm saying having bottled beer and wine in the president's box or a tent behind the end zone for donors.

Comment

Penn State used to be like that ... it was easy to get a 12-pack in there once winter coat season started.

But, yeah, the 'just walk in' practice is scary considering all the nut jobs and mass shootings, etc.

Heinz Field is pretty extreme but that's not a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Penn State used to be like that ... it was easy to get a 12-pack in there once winter coat season started.

But, yeah, the 'just walk in' practice is scary considering all the nut jobs and mass shootings, etc.

Heinz Field is pretty extreme but that's not a bad thing.
        I never show up late to a live sporting event that I'm going to. I'm a pregame watcher. I love to watch warmups, the introductions, etc. If something starts at 7:00, I'm there 5:15 if I can be.

A lot of people don't like the time necessary to go through security at pro sporting events. Tough. Come earlier. I would rather have to be at the stadium an extra hour earlier than I already am if I knew I was guaranteed my safety in the building. You think of some of those venues... Penn State, ND, Ohio State, Michigan, all those schools down South, etc... Giant targets. They all should do something to protect the people inside of their venue. That I was not even stopped or searched walking into Notre Dame Stadium was alarming, frightening, and everything else in between.
        Last edited by IUP24; 07-25-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
          I never show up late to a live sporting event that I'm going to. I'm a pregame watcher. I love to watch warmups, the introductions, etc. If something starts at 7:00, I'm there 5:15 if I can be.

A lot of people don't like the time necessary to go through security at pro sporting events. Tough. Come earlier. I would rather have to be at the stadium an extra hour earlier than I already am if I knew I was guaranteed my safety in the building. You think of some of those venues... Penn State, ND, Ohio State, Michigan, all those schools down South, etc... Giant targets. They all should do something to protect the people inside of their. That I was not even stopped or searched walking into Notre Dame Stadium was alarming, frightening, and everything else in between.
          Agree on going in early. At least for Pirates games, I really enjoy having a few drinks in the ballpark with friends before the game than during or even in the parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Agree on going in early. At least for Pirates games, I really enjoy having a few drinks in the ballpark with friends before the game than during or even in the parking lot.
            It's just a short matter of time until all the (D1) college venues are selling alcohol at games. The 'case studies' like WVU, etc., are making a ton of money. According to their released stats, the amount of in-game arrests, etc., hasn't increased since they started selling it.

At WVU, for instance (like the KCAC), it's so expensive that people aren't going to sit in there and go nuts. Last time I was at game in Morgantown I think a 16 oz plastic bottle was $9 or $10 each.

There's just far too much money they are leaving on the table at each event. It's coming.

IUP's had it at basketball games (granted, in a restricted area) for years now and I've never noticed it to cause any problems. If anything it gets that funeral home to wake up a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              It's just a short matter of time until all the (D1) college venues are selling alcohol at games. The 'case studies' like WVU, etc., are making a ton of money. According to their released stats, the amount of in-game arrests, etc., hasn't increased since they started selling it.

At WVU, for instance (like the KCAC), it's so expensive that people aren't going to sit in there and go nuts. Last time I was at game in Morgantown I think a 16 oz plastic bottle was $9 or $10 each.

There's just far too much money they are leaving on the table at each event. It's coming.

IUP's had it at basketball games (granted, in a restricted area) for years now and I've never noticed it to cause any problems. If anything it gets that funeral home to wake up a bit.

Comment

No, not at all. But they do make some heavy coin in there on weekends.

That's one thing IUP has going for it ... the games have become events for many of the core following. They meet up before hand next door or whatever. IUP games have the feel of much more than a D2 game ... especially the Saturday night games. That's why you'll never see them playing afternoon games.

One would have to research it but going back to the mid-90s IUP's home, Saturday night winning percentage is off the charts. I mean it's very rare they lose on Saturday night.

Certainly the overall atmosphere could be better but they are fortunate to have a very loyal following in the community. Joe has some real heavy hitters bankrolling that program.

We complain about averaging 1,700 but every other school in the PSAC would die for that number. The KCAC is just so darn big it looks empty even with 1,700.

Comment

No, not at all. But they do make some heavy coin in there on weekends.

That's one thing IUP has going for it ... the games have become events for many of the core following. They meet up before hand next door or whatever. IUP games have the feel of much more than a D2 game ... especially the Saturday night games. That's why you'll never see them playing afternoon games.

One would have to research it but going back to the mid-90s IUP's home, Saturday night winning percentage is off the charts. I mean it's very rare they lose on Saturday night.

Certainly the overall atmosphere could be better but they are fortunate to have a very loyal following in the community. Joe has some real heavy hitters bankrolling that program.

We complain about averaging 1,700 but every other school in the PSAC would die for that number. The KCAC is just so darn big it looks empty even with 1,700.
                  I guess I'm saying that you aren't getting the brothers from Kappa Sigma to go into that bar, get trashed, and make fools of themselves in the seats lol

Comment

I guess I'm saying that you aren't getting the brothers from Kappa Sigma to go into that bar, get trashed, and make fools of themselves in the seats lol
                    Right ... because students would have to actually attend the games in order for that to happen. The KCAC crowd is generally 45 and up.

Comment

Right ... because students would have to actually attend the games in order for that to happen. The KCAC crowd is generally 45 and up.
                      Bingo.

Comment

I need to get into this "Flock of Joe" crowd that hangs out pregame. Are you guys looking for a youth movement?

Comment

I need to get into this "Flock of Joe" crowd that hangs out pregame. Are you guys looking for a youth movement?
                          I may have to go 'on the record' for you but I have some strings to pull. LOL. I'm about 15 years older than you and am the youngest one.

I'm not part of the 'flock', however.

This is going to be a fun year -- football and basketball. Especially basketball.

Sept. 7 is going to be here quickly. I broke down and got tickets for the Virginia at Pitt opener (Aug. 31). That should be a good one.

Comment

I may have to go 'on the record' for you but I have some strings to pull. LOL. I'm about 15 years older than you and am the youngest one.

I'm not part of the 'flock', however.

This is going to be a fun year -- football and basketball. Especially basketball.

Sept. 7 is going to be here quickly. I broke down and got tickets for the Virginia at Pitt opener (Aug. 31). That should be a good one.
                            I'm the youth movement! lol

Comment

• Comment

Bethany? Was Clarion's Venango campus unavailable?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X