Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally it was reported Fairmont was coming to the KCAC.

So, that is gone and a road trip to Le Moyne replaced it.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Originally it was reported Fairmont was coming to the KCAC.

So, that is gone and a road trip to Le Moyne replaced it.
      Hey, I think I reported that IUP and Fairmont were playing somewhere, sometime! My "league sources" aren't what they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        I'm the youth movement! lol
        You and IUPBigIndians both graduated the same year. That doesn't sound like it would be all that long ago but I guess it's close to 20 years now. Hard to believe.

-

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
          Hey, I think I reported that IUP and Fairmont were playing somewhere, sometime! My "league sources" aren't what they used to be.
          IUP also tweeted it out but pulled it the same day they posted it.

Comment

Since the roster and schedule is now 'final' ... here's the 'way too early' prediction for the regular season.

Toughest games:

Nov. 24 (East Stroudsburg) - IUP should enter 4-0. This will be a big test for the IUP post players and the first time the guards see the 40-minute press. This is a huge regional game. ESU will get a stern test the day prior at UPJ. The Hawks hopefully catch some tired legs.

Nov. 29 (Bridgeport) - Unknown, solid opponent which returns core of last year's team.

Dec. 20 and Dec. 21 roadtrip to Shepherd and Shippensburg - Good timing as the gyms will be pretty empty. Ship is going to be really good this year.

West Play:

Mercyhurst - The Lakers visit the KCAC in the heart of funeral season (Monday night, Jan. 6). Mercyhurst will have many new faces but that doesn't always matter. Gary tends to confuse IUP pretty well. Return trip to Erie is Saturday, Feb. 1.

Slippery Rock - Joe gets a break heading up there Jan. 8 in what will likely be a pro-IUP crowd. Nonetheless, Morrow has been a house of horrors for IUP as of late.

UPJ - This should be the series of the year. The first meeting is in Johnstown. The second is the last day of the regular season in the KCAC.

Cal - The Vulcans have played IUP rather tough the past couple years -- especially in the Angelo Dome. IUP has not looked good down there in the second half of the past several trips. Cal will also be much-improved this season.

at Seton Hill -- I know, I know. But, whatever it is ... something bad seems to always happen down in the yellow shoebox.

Early projection: 24-4

Comment

For what it's worth, IUP's winter break runs from Friday, Dec. 6 until Tuesday, Jan. 21. That covers 10 games in the 28-game season.

Comment

Well, that (XMAS) break actually shouldn't hurt them too much this year.

Home games missed by students: Bethany, Lock Haven, Mercyhurst, Cal

Away games during the same period: Mansfield, Shepherd, Shippensburg, Slippery Rock, Gannon, Edinboro

Getting to play at Ship and SRU over break is a big advantage -- especially at Slippery Rock. IUP's visit is the only big crowd they get all year and the students pack the place. Plus, Joe has struggled to win up there in the hostile environment. I believe they are just 5-5 in the last 10 trips to Morrow.

Conversely, they'll get SRU in the KCAC on Saturday night, Feb. 8. SRU's winless streak in Indiana is at almost 30 years. Amazing to think about, ...

Comment

Great to see that former IUP WBB standout Jahzinga Tracey has been tabbed for the IUP Athletic Hall of Fame! Simply the best ever! A real privilege to be able to watch her play ball here. It absolutely floors me to think that it has been over 10 years now since she last suited up for IUP.

Very deserving honor for her! Congrats!

-

Comment

Per today's release from IUP, Joe ranked 13th in D2 attendance last season (at a hair over 1,500 per).

Love to see that get to 2,000 avg this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      Per today's release from IUP, Joe ranked 13th in D2 attendance last season (at a hair over 1,500 per).

Love to see that get to 2,000 avg this year.

Comment

Men's basketball assistant Allen Payne is leaving to become an assistant at D-I Elon.

https://twitter.com/CoachAllenPayne/...892516352?s=20
                        Last edited by hawks16; 07-31-2019, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
                          Men's basketball assistant Allen Payne is leaving to become an assistant at D-I Elon.

https://twitter.com/CoachAllenPayne/...892516352?s=20
                          That was just a matter of time. He has a real bright future in the business. I wish him well.

It's a good job under Joe. He has a long track record of getting those guys to their next job quickly.

They earn their money under Joe from what I hear, too.

Comment

That was just a matter of time. He has a real bright future in the business. I wish him well.

It's a good job under Joe. He has a long track record of getting those guys to their next job quickly.

They earn their money under Joe from what I hear, too.
                            Darn, I thought we were getting one more year out of Allen. Ugh, I wish him well!

AND yes, Joe works the heck out of his assistants. Stevie Piotrowicz will vouch for that! Speaking of, Stevie will be the head coach of Erie Cathedral Prep this coming school year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                              Darn, I thought we were getting one more year out of Allen. Ugh, I wish him well!

AND yes, Joe works the heck out of his assistants. Stevie Piotrowicz will vouch for that! Speaking of, Stevie will be the head coach of Erie Cathedral Prep this coming school year.

KR to Indiana

KR could be Joe's top assistant

Start the rally

#FREEKEVINREYNOLDS

All seriousness ... may not be a bad hire -- especially on Aug. 1.

Comment

KR to Indiana

KR could be Joe's top assistant

Start the rally

#FREEKEVINREYNOLDS

All seriousness ... may not be a bad hire -- especially on Aug. 1.
                                Can you imagine those two together... hahahaha

I think I know where KR will surface!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X