Anthony 11 points
    Ulrich 2 points, 3 boards

Team

56.4% FG
    13-29 Treys (44.8%)
    Won the glass 31-26
    25-28 FT
    19 assists

Ironman: Shawndale went the distance playing all 40 minutes in Chucky's absence.

Credit where credit is due: Josh Wise went for 26 points on 6 of 8 treys. He hit some incredibly contested shots.

Comment

• Credit to Shawndale from playing about 15 minutes a game to 40. That's a big jump in minutes and he was solid. Defense still needs work...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        Credit to Shawndale from playing about 15 minutes a game to 40. That's a big jump in minutes and he was solid. Defense still needs work...

Shawndale says it ain't easy being 6'3" and playing power forward ... covering John Paul Kromka all night. LOL. He was a warrior.

Luckily, Chucky looks to be OK. He wasn't on crutches ... no boot ... no casts, slings, etc. I'm guessing it was an illness. Perhaps the same that wiped out the women's team.

Comment

• Update:

Chucky has a broken finger and will be out 'several weeks'. He'll miss the Clarion and Seton Hill games for sure.

Now do you active a redshirt with 10 regular season games remaining in addition to the conference tournament and likely NCAA Tournament?

They survived Demo going down. This is starting to ask too much. They survived last night but how long is this sustainable?

Joe's dream of going all Norman Dale and playing with four guys is getting closer.

Activate the big fella, Ousmane Diop. I don't see how they have any other choice. KJ Rhodes is also available but another guard won't help a whole lot.
          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-23-2020, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Update:

Chucky has a broken finger and will be out 'several weeks'.

Now do you active a redshirt with 10 regular season games remaining in addition to the conference tournament and likely NCAA Tournament?

They survived Demo going down. This is starting to ask too much. They survived last night but how long is this sustainable?

Joe's dream of going all Norman Dale and playing with four guys is getting closer.

Activate the big fella, Ousmane Diop. I don't see how they have any other choice. KJ Rhodes is also available but another guard won't help a whole lot.
            Well the next two games should be OK for more minutes for Ulrich and Benton, The Conditioning of these guys is pretty impressive, they had cal sucking wind at the end of the game, too. Once playoffs start, the starters will play the whole game anyway. Hopefully Chucky is back sooner rather than later. The next week against MC and Rock they will need him. Though, I think the smaller lineup could run Till&Co into the ground.

Comment

• Joe will be stubborn and not activate anyone. He'll hope Benton and Ulrich can handle the extra minutes. Ulrich should be getting more time anyways.

Comment

Joe will be stubborn and not activate anyone. He'll hope Benton and Ulrich can handle the extra minutes. Ulrich should be getting more time anyways.
                It wouldn't be January and Joe Season if we weren't discussing why we have more redshirts and injuries than active bench players. Tis the season.

Ulrich wasn't a good fit last night against UPJ's more athletic, faster bigs. But I agree he's needed against SRU and Mercyhurst. Benton hasn't played a meaningful minute in over a month.

It does get old going through this every year with Joe. It cost him missing two tournaments during the Dante and Cobo Era.

Comment

• Tony's article said Chucky has a broken bone in his left hand and is out 'at least' three weeks. That's different than Jack reported on WCCS (broken finger).

Comment

• UGH!!! Why is this an issue every dang year??? Why is Joe so stubborn???

Comment

Joe will be stubborn and not activate anyone. He'll hope Benton and Ulrich can handle the extra minutes. Ulrich should be getting more time anyways.

Comment

• They also stayed out of foul trouble last night. Consider you're now foul trouble away from having Alan Glover Jr. and Dylan Benton in the rotation. That's the problem. They luckily were able to avoid last night.

They have to be thinking about hosting the regional right now. That's in sight. If I had to guess Chucky will be back for the Feb. 8 game against SRU.

Believe me I know he's not activating Diop or KJ. He'd dress five guys before he burns those redshirts.

But, mark my words they will lose a game in the coming weeks due to foul trouble and having no bench. Guarantee it. It's also going to even more so run these healthy players ragged. I think four guys went over 37 minutes last night. That's insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They also stayed out of foul trouble last night. Consider you're now foul trouble away from having Alan Glover Jr. and Dylan Benton in the rotation. That's the problem. They luckily were able to avoid last night.

They have to be thinking about hosting the regional right now. That's in sight. If I had to guess Chucky will be back for the Feb. 8 game against SRU.

Believe me I know he's not activating Diop or KJ. He'd dress five guys before he burns those redshirts.

But, mark my words they will lose a game in the coming weeks due to foul trouble and having no bench. Guarantee it. It's also going to even more so run these healthy players ragged. I think four guys went over 37 minutes last night. That's insane.

Comment

• You can say that but I've seen this story play out before and miss two regionals because of it!

Comment

You can say that but I've seen this story play out before and miss two regionals because of it!

Comment

• Different point of view ... think of the UPJ standpoint.

That loss had to be demoralizing last night. IUP was down two starters from opening night. They had a packed, loud house (by UPJ standards). Fully healthy. IUP is playing a guard at power forward and 6 guys total.

And ... you give up a hundo in your building.

UPJ had to win that game. I really think that was one of Joe's biggest wins in years based on the circumstances.

IUP won by 7 but was up 15 with about 90 seconds left.

UPJ had everything lined up for it and couldn't get it done.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X